South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 07:47 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

AIMEE ~ I've always been curious about those whitening strips. Do they really work, and how do they taste? I don't want to waste my money on them if you can't tell the difference. I always look forward to reading your posts, and can't wait to hear how that meatloaf turns out. I eat very little meat and am always looking for an interesting vegetarian recipe to try.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:31 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Good Morning, Cinderly, Aimee, Cottage, Sis, Booklover and Brandi...anyone else who may pop in today...Hello!

I am in a bit of a hurry this morning...gotta take car #2 to the dealer in Bellingham to get it serviced by 7:30 so that meant getting around very early in order to leave early.
Then off to the dog groomer for Lil Bear...then exercise, then take Lil Bear to DD, then off to shop for a few items for the cruise.

Tonight is small group so I will not be on until after group meeting.

Yesterday was not a good SB day for me but today I feel refreshed (the scale was kind to me) and am ready to storm ahead.

Have a great Friday everyone, see you later.

I love you sis!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:53 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Goodmorning! Just a quick one from me.. down 1 more pound! 220, so so close to my little goal..

Whitening strips don't taste gross, however I do breath thru my nose the entire time they are on. I will definitely let you know if they whiten my teeth!

I am off to work for a short shift... bbl!

-Aimee
Old 02-22-2007, 11:59 AM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

Morning Girls: 8:48 A.M. here in CA...Still wet outside!
All the time I sat here bragging to you gals about our beautiful weather and now! it finally caught up with me!!!!
For Shame!

I din't get the last cubboard cleaned yesterday...maybe today.

Feeling a bit down in the dumbs knowing my darling sister is leaving soon for a week or more...We often find we are doing the same chore or buying the same thing though we live 700 miles apart...

Once when she came here and walked in, she found the same kitchen floor and same Cookie Jar as she had put in...unbeknown to each other.

She is dark haired and I am blond, but when people see us together they spot us for sisters right away...We get the same expressions and much of our actions are alike.

Sound like I am going to miss her! I already do.

Going to pick up two of our grandsons, ages 15 and 12 to come over and play Hand and Foot, Card Game with DH and I this afternoon...Fun. Popcorn, Fruit and Juice for them, and Apple, Peanut Butter and Tea for me.

Read you girls later...Good luck with SB today...Hang in there. Love you all, Lu
Old 02-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #20  

Hey gals! My short shift turned into a long one, a very long one.. or it felt very long anyways! It was 8 hours, and boy I was happy to come home! My legs are aching, don't know what from.

So day 2 of phase 1 complete! I managed to stay completely ON PLAN at work without a planned lunch, I had to eat out! I got a taco salad minus the taco, got low fat sour cream instead of salad dressing.

lubajo - sounds like you and your sister are a lot alike! Do you two talk on the phone everyday? The usa has SUCH great long distance deals, I'm totally jealous!

I will talk to you ladies later!

-Aimee
Old 02-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #21  

Height: 5'4"

Morning Girls: Today is Friday and my day during the week that I get to spend the day with daughters #2 and #3. Weekly shoping at Costco, Winco, and K Mart today, Lunch and then show...

Cottage: I bet you were tired after being on your feet for 8 hours..I hope you get a much deserved rest this weekend.

Proud of you for sticking so good to SB yesterday...Keep it up. You will love the results. Well worth it.

About my sister: We usually sent E-Mails back and forth, 2-4 times a day...and are calling via phone once a week.
Tomorrow is the day.

As For Me: I think while she is gone it will be a good time for me to work on Scrapbooks....I am so far behind...Have one to do dating from trip in 2001, celebrating our 50th.
One to do dating 2002, Trip to Death Valley with daughter #4 and the two boys at that time, and the last major trip across the US in 2003. Big job ahead, but maybe it will help keep my mind off how much I miss JoJo.

I will come back later and check on more post....Love, Lu

I love you sis!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Time for a quick break between changing bedding and making sure I have everything packed and ready. Shar (housekeeper) is here making sure I don't have to worry about the house being clean when we return from our cruise.

Aimee, I remember those long hours with little fondness. My husband and I worked in the same town which was only about 15 minutes from our home. So we drove together, him dropping me off at 6:00 a.m. and picking me up anytime between 4:00 and 5:30 that evening. It took us only about 20 minutes to get to work but about an hour or more getting home! The commute was terrible so I do not miss it at all. I hope you have a couple days to re-coop kiddo.

Cinderly, Cottage, Booklover and Brandi...anyone else who may pop in today...Have a great weekend.

I better keep busy...I will try to post whilst on ship but if not, please know I will be thinking of you and praying you will stay OP...

I love you sis and I will miss you!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:25 PM   #23  

I want to say goodmorning - but alas, the day is over! I am SO tired, I will definitely enjoy my day off from work tomorrow

lubajo - I really wish I could get into scrapbooking, we sell a lot of it at work but I just can't get into it. I do however LOVE pictures! Maybe one day it'll come. I love the phone, I call my mom sometimes 6-7 days a week! It's a good time in the world for communication, there is usually always a way to get a hold of someone.

mamajok - commuting is NOT something I enjoy! I used to commute 1.5 hours each day, never again. Josh and I work 2km's from where we live, we are very lucky for that. Although Josh gets all the security calls that occur in the middle of the night - it's happened a few times. 4am phone ringing will give you a little jolt! Have a very safe and fun trip

So I've almost made it thru today! I just have dinner to go, I'm thinking salad, or possibly a beef and broccoli dish. We shall see, I pick Josh up from work in an hour. Phase 1 is definitely a little challenge, but it's been pretty smooth especially since I've eaten out yesterday and today... I guess things feel easier when I don't have to cook and think up all my meals.

Hope you all had a great on plan day

-Aimee
Old 02-23-2007, 10:15 PM   #24  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Wicked Red Vines

Ladies,

I just fell off the wagon BIG TIME. I was so pround of myself for the past two weeks resisting the giant tub of red vine licorice in our office. You see, I much prefer the black licorice, so this hasn't been a great temptation for me. Until tonight, that is. While working late alone in the office (and it being TOM) well, I just gave in and scarfed about 30 of them. I am soooo embarressed!

To make matters worse, I stupidly looked at the nutrition information after I ate them. (Why, oh why, not before?!!) And, guess what? The number one ingredient is CORN SYRUP! Yep, pure sugar. This explains why I simply could not stop at one.

I actually stayed on program all day, until now. Dammit. What is it about sugar that is soooo addictive? I don't have much of a sweet tooth. In fact, I never crave sweet things, usually just fat things (like pizza, cheese and french fries.) I'm not a binger by nature, so I'm going to chock this lapse up to TOM.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get back on the wagon again. Next week, I'm staying as far away as I can from those wicked, wicked red vines!
Old 02-24-2007, 12:31 AM   #25  

booklover - Here's something - you stopped at 30. I have this new thought that guilt is the thing that makes us stay OFF the wagon. Have no guilt, move on, now you have your fill of those red vines and won't want them for a while!

Although, this is coming from someone who had a couple pieces of pizza for dinner. Yah, I didn't have a good dinner AT ALL! But I am moving on - this diet is for LIFE, and you have to focus on the positives! I did NOT have coke with the pizza, which is rare for me. After all of that, heres what I don't get, I managed to stay on phase 1 with NO cheating for 2 weeks, how come I can't even manage to stay to it for 1 week? I am slightly beating myself up for not being able to do it. I will feel more positive tomorrow morning.

Have a good night gals

-Aimee
Closed Thread