South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #1  

Default can I start with Phase 2?

So much for my really starting today. I've been off plan, sort of phase 10 for a couple of months. I had intended to start Phase 1 today. I say intended rather than planned because if I'd really planned, I would have had some idea what to eat for breakfast.
I woke up feeling tired and nauseated. Before anyone starts to think "AHA! woman of potentially childbearing age, with tiredness and nausea..." no, there is no chance of pregnancy. But phase 1 breakfast just didn't sound appealing, and I also didn't actually plan dinner...

If you've been off the plan for a while, do you re-start with Phase 1? would it be wrong to do Phase 2 for a few days, see if the cravings are manageable, and go from there?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:28 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You really should start with Phase I as it is the detox period. Phase II is a good balanced plan and you still will lose slowly on it but you may have cravings. Good luck!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Rebel, Ruth is absolutely right...you really need to start with Phase 1. Especially since the first thing that came to my head when you mentioned how you felt this morning was "Sugar Hangover!!!" You need to detox from Phase 10 ( That's a GOOD one! I've been there too... )!

That said, it's really hard to have a successful Phase 1 without planning for it. You need to throw out all the Phase 3-10 stuff in your kitchen and house, go shopping for healthy, Phase1-2 foods and stock up the pantry and fridge, plan out meals, cut up veggies, make quiche cups (or whatever you might need to grab and go) and figure out what you'll do if you start craving (call someone, go for a walk, write in your journal, chew some SF gum, etc.). When you've got that done (and READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!) then you can start!

Until that time, why not do some kind of modified Phase 2...as it will reduce the amount of detoxing you would have to do if you were eating at a P10 level until you started. Okay? Try to eat more protein, less sugar/starch, more veggies, less bad fats...less processed stuff, less eating out. Okay? It's not going to make you lose weight or stop craving, but it'll make starting P1 and going through detox easier than if you ate like you'd been eating. Okay?

Good luck!
Closed Thread