Old 09-21-2000, 09:25 AM   #16  
Hang In There

Laine, thanks for the website. That is exactly what I am looking for. As I said in the post above, I don't want to follow the diet I just want to make the soup to use with my regular diet plan. I "basically" try to follow the Larry North Slimdown for Life diet where you eat 5 to 6 smaller well balanced meals. I think the soup would work really well with this plan.

------------------
All things are possible to him who believes...
AND I BELIEVE I CAN LOOSE THIS WEIGHT THIS TIME... FOR GOOD!!!
Barbg
288/265/156
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 11:29 PM   #17  

Default cabbage soup recipe

I am looking for the "old" cabbage soup receipe from WW. It was so good and I know I would really enjoy it again. Thanks for your help.
sbaaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 06:24 PM   #18  

Don't know if this is the one you were needing. This is one my MIL gave me a while ago, called Zesty WW Soup. Used to count as a vegetable exchange=1/2 c. I was just looking at it, thinking about fixing it on this cold winter night.

Zesty WW Soup

1 c. green beans
1 c. tomatoes
1 c. mushrooms
2 c. chopped cabbage
2 sticks chopped celery
2 carrots, diced
1/2 c. water
1 pkg Hidden Valley Dressing Mix

Dump vegetables into pot and add water. Stir in dressing mix. Cook until vegetables are tender.

Does that sound like enough water? I copied this from a recipe card where she had written it down. Guess it would be if you are talking about canned veggies for the first 3 ingredients.

Jill
jet1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 02:55 PM   #19  

Wow! I just went to the store just to make this soup and it is soooo good! I added 1 cup of cooked boneless chicken breast and a can of chopped tomatoes in step 2 and 1 cup of instant brown rice with the zucchini in step 3. I have a WW recipe calculator on my computer and it came out to 2.5 points for 6 servings. I also measured it out after cooking and had about 8 cups soup so it's a good size serving and very filling. A meal in itself. (2 points if you figured for 8 - 1 cup servings)

Thanks for the recipes and tips

ps. I microwaved the cabbage for 5 mins, as MOG suggested, before chopping and cooking and all the veggies are perfectly cooked.
Venencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:49 AM   #20  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default WW 0 point soup

MTA -

Here's the original WW 2 serving recipe from 1995:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Favorite Vegetable Soup -- 0 pts -- 2 servings

Recipe By :Weight Watchers Smart Start Booklet, 1995
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : lowfat soups
vegetables Weight Watchers

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/4 cup onion -- diced
2 packets instant chicken broth and seasoning mix
2 cloves garlic -- minced
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 cup chopped tomato -- seeded
1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon basil leaves
1/8 teaspoon pepper

In a 1 1/2 quart nonstick saucepan combine onion, broth mix, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.

Add remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.

Add 2 cups of water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until vegetables are soft (about 20 minutes).

Using a slotted spoon, remove about 1/2 cup vegetables from saucepan and set aside.

In blender container puree remaining soup in 2 batches; return pureed mixture to saucepan. Add reserved vegetables and heat.

Description:
"A Weight Watcher "Free Food""
S([email protected]):
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 64 Calories (kcal); 1g Total Fat; (15% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1mg Cholesterol; 1134mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

NOTES : According to Weight Watchers program materials, one serving of this soup counts as a "free food".
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote