Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 10:38 PM   #76  

Just checking in with my exercise for the last few days. Today and Monday, I did my 40 minutes of strength training. Last night I jogged/walked 5 miles (to make up for the juicy burger I had for lunch!). I think I overdid it, I'm still tired today from it and I also got a massive blister on my ankle! Ugh.

I'm happy though, I didn't think I was doing very well this past month, but I did my monthly measurements and I lost another 4 inches and a total of 4 lbs. Woo hoo! Maybe I will look better in my swimsuit this year!!! (At least better than last year!)
Old 05-18-2006, 02:52 AM   #77  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

I've increased the length and intensity of my morning walks. When I first started, I used to jus walk to the school and back, twice a day. I had to do it to pick up the little boy I childmind but I tried to make the most of it by walking briskly (at least when he wasn't with me or when he was in the mood for running ahead). Now, after I drop him off at school, my daughter (in her buggy) and I walk to the park, walk around the duck pod and then take the long way home, usually via the beach. I have no clue how many miles it is but I can generally feel the effects, like feeling very warm, feeling slighly out of breath, that sort of thing. And the really good news is that this past Tuesday, the little guy wasn't here at all but I still got out there and did a major power walk even though I didn't have to do a school run!

Okay, time to get motivated and do my weights. See y'all later.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:25 AM   #78  
cutting it out

S/C/G: 177/171/130

Hello everyone....I am new to the sonoma diet and just wanted to say hello!!

I do workout right now...I do the Slim in 6 dvd. I havent started the sonoma diet yet, I am trying to get as much info on it as I can. It looks like there is a good support group here. ITS AWESOME
Old 05-18-2006, 10:52 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Yay Cindy for losing inches! That's what really counts when you're in a swimsuit, not what the scale says.

Mummy_Tummy, congrats on the longer and more intense walks!

Welcome, lakegrad! This is a great group, Sonoma is a great eating plan, and hope to see you around!

No real exercise yesterday, though I did some major work in the vegetable garden yesterday afternoon. Things are growing well and I should be eating vine-ripened grape tomatoes by June (they must be a quick-growing variety). No exercise yet today, but we're swimming tonight after work.

Today I have an NSV to report. I am applying for a job, made it through the initial screening and phone interview, and have an in-person interview next Tuesday. So this morning I was looking over my suits, trying to decide what to wear. The one I want to wear is a size 14 that I bought a year ago. Well, it is huge on me now and I have to get it altered! I remember when I bought it, it was snug but I refused to buy size 16 and it fit OK with the proper undergarments. I'm so glad I thought to put it on this morning so I have time to get it altered before my interview!

Hope everyone has a great one!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:55 AM   #80  
Marathon Goddess

Hi ladies, I know Ive been MIA for a quite a while!! Sorry, been kinda depressed about the whole losing my job thing, but I have a new job, starting Monday, looking forward to that, and thanks so much for the link Clareh, it really helped!! Also, I have super slacked on my exercise, so Im getting back to that as well!!

I wanted to wish you the best of luck for your big race this weekend, Clareh, its going to be an awesome day for you, and will truly change your life, cant wait to hear all about it!!! Good Luck!! :-)
Old 05-18-2006, 12:32 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks happy!! Just remember that it was your marathon post in the journals that made me start thinking I wanted to aim for something. Great to hear about the job- good luck and good luck with getting back into exercise.

Weclome lakegrad and excellent NSV Sherry! This could get expensive but I'm sure it's worth every penny.

I have just finished work for the last day before the Moonwalk. I've made my list of things not to forget and now all I need to think about is throwing my body clock out of synch by staying up late and sleeping in, so I'm prepared for the midnight start time. I'm looking forward to it now. No scheduled exercise until the walk as I've been advised to keep off my feet but I'm doing some yoga stretches as well.

Fingers crossed for the weekend! Hope everyone else is doing well in their daily challenges.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:46 AM   #82  

No exercise for me today as the big midnight walk is tomorrow, but I wanted to share my news.

After two months of hunting for a sports bra for the bigger breasted woman that actually kept 'em still (much internet shopping to no avail). My lovely new Enell bra arrived this morning. And it works! So next week I'm beginning a couch to 5k training program (I hope to run before work and go to the gymn for classes after)

Have a good Friday and a great weekend if I'm too nervous to post later!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:44 AM   #83  

happy, great to see you again! Sorry you lost your job, but good news on the new one! Hope to see you around more, I enjoy your posts. Good luck getting back into exercise!

Clareh, one more day! And congrats on finding a bra that works. You are amazing - now planning a 5k run with running before work and the gym after! Please let us know about your walk after it's over.

No exercise yet for me. I've developed a head cold that I must get rid of before Tuesday. I've been out of work longer than I planned and really want this job, so I cannot be stuffed up and sniffling during the interview. Still hope to go for a long bike ride Sunday morning, though.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-19-2006, 04:40 PM   #84  
American ex-pat

I am loving the weights. I LOVE it. But I have overdone the power walking the last few days. Eek, I've spent most of today sore. I pushed myself harder the last few days knowing that I'd be taking the weekend, or at least Saturday, off from exercise. Plus, I was thinking as I was walking this morning. I kept wanting to make an excuse and take a shortcut home instead of sticking to the route I had planned in my head. I had all sorts of good reasons, like my daughter was home with hubby and he was meant to be working from home so I should hurry for his sake and it was very windy and cold and starting to rain and my left ankle was starting to really hurt, all sorts of things like that. But I just kept thinking this is what separates those who are serious and succeed with those who fail (like I have done countless times in the past). It's making the decision to stick with it even when you want to stop a bit early or take it easy. That's when you really have to dig down deeper within yourself and just do it (pardon the advertising there - must be my new Nikes! ) because it would be so easy to give in. I did the whole route, in doubletime, swinging my arms like mad because I didn't have to push the buggy today and when I got home, I felt victorious. Sweaty and exhausted but victorious, thank you very much, Mr. Churchill, says I, making the victory sign but not holding a cigar in the other hand. *ahem* Sorry, I just finished reading a book set in England during WWII.

Speaking of my ankle - OUCH! Stupid thing. I've broken it before and have resprained it several times. It's a mess and pains me at times when the weather is bad and I don't have full rotation, which is a pain when I'm bellydancing as I tend to roll with my left. But it flat out hurts when I'm power walking. Not unmanageable pain but still, it's not right. I wonder if it could be arthritis from the break? I may try a soft brace of some sort and if it doesn't right itself after strengthening it up a bit, I'll see the doctor. Not that there's much she can do about it, probably. I just don't want to see it get worse and curtail my exercise just when I've really embraced it.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:53 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummy_Tummy
Speaking of my ankle - OUCH! Stupid thing. I've broken it before and have resprained it several times. It's a mess and pains me at times when the weather is bad and I don't have full rotation, which is a pain when I'm bellydancing as I tend to roll with my left. But it flat out hurts when I'm power walking. Not unmanageable pain but still, it's not right. I wonder if it could be arthritis from the break? I may try a soft brace of some sort and if it doesn't right itself after strengthening it up a bit, I'll see the doctor. Not that there's much she can do about it, probably. I just don't want to see it get worse and curtail my exercise just when I've really embraced it.
Mummy Tummy, I broke my ankle many years ago as well as tore out the ligaments so I have an idea what this is like. As a result of this injury, I've lost 30% mobility in that ankle and walking for distances can be a challenge. I always always wear an ace bandage sort of ankle brace to give me some extra stability. Strangely enough. aerobics at home as well as step aerobics don't both me as much as walking outside. I really recommend the ankle wraps as mine is a huge help!

Hi everyone else. Today is my exercise rest day. I am lovin' it!
Old 05-20-2006, 08:24 AM   #86  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CLARE~ JUST POPPED IN TO WISH YOU GOOD LUCK!! I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT YOU!! GO CLARE GO!!!
;running:

I AM ON THE RUN MYSELF.....WORKING THIS WEEKEND AND WILL BE BACK NEXT WEEK IF THE DR SAYS OK. LOVE TO ALL!
Old 05-20-2006, 09:50 AM   #87  

Hey Clareh, if you check in here today ~ GOOD LUCK! Hope you have a great time!!
Old 05-20-2006, 10:45 AM   #88  
American ex-pat

Good luck, Clareh! I am sending you warm thoughts, considering the temperature and rain in London at the moment! Hope your bra is fur lined!

Thanks for the support, Linda. I'm gonna look for something tomorrow. Today is my planned off day, as well, and I'm gonna spend it going to see Th Da Vinci Code in just a bit. Mmmmmm, theatre junk food! Hehe, I've actually planned that into my day so at least I shouldn't go off the rails!
Old 05-20-2006, 08:59 PM   #89  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA!!!!!

HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL SUNDAY BIRTHDAY!!! ENJOY!!

Old 05-21-2006, 01:52 PM   #90  

http://static.flickr.com/52/15051002...675ccd.jpg?v=0

Not sure if the link above will work. We did it!! I'll post propoerly tomorrow as my faculties (and my feet) are stopping me functioning like a normal human being (having been up all night and walked a marathon)

I'm on the left (the right is my sister)
Closed Thread