3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sonoma Diet and the Mediterranean Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sonoma-diet-mediterranean-diet-188/)
-   -   April Exercise - No I'm not kidding!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sonoma-diet-mediterranean-diet/80502-april-exercise-no-im-not-kidding.html)

Clareh 04-19-2006 03:52 PM

Shrimp for Easter- you are sooo good! And your hubby's so thoughtful.

I am back on the straight and narrow- 50 minute weight workout and 20 mins elliptical this morning. Im so going to ache tomorrow..

Won't be posting too much after tomorrow as DH is 30 this weekend and I've organised a farmhouse rental in the Cotswolds for 25 of his closest friends! And agreed to cook lunch for them all on Sunday. So much to organise, but as we'll be in the middle of beautiful countryside hopefully there'll be plenty of walking and tennis.

Have a great few days..

sf40 04-19-2006 04:49 PM

I don't know what's worse, eating neon orange kraft mac & cheese or peeps! Donna's hubby had the right idea, and I hope he cooked it too! :smug:

Clare, I too want to see photos! Fur-covered bras? What kind of marathon is it??? Hope you have a terrific time this weekend with the big crowd.

Mel, hope you get good test results and have productive conferences with doctors.

Some news to share ... I've been stuck at 169-170 for the past five weeks and this morning the scale said 166.0. I don't know that I trust it, so I put 167 on my spreadsheet (yes, I'm that much of a geek). Also, I've lost about 2% of my body fat. Funny thing is, I don't know where ... I took my monthly measurements this morning and my butt and thighs are as huge as ever, though I did lose 1" off my waist and .25" off my neck.

Went to indoor cycling class today at noon, but was 10 minutes late so only got in 50 minutes of cardio today. Oh well, good thing I did that 15 minute "bonus walk" on Monday.

Clareh 04-19-2006 05:05 PM

Go Sherry! I'm not suprised that the scale is dipping with all the work you've been doing

My marathon is the Playtex Moonwalk- I'll sneakily put the hyperlink here and hope you can see it (it's not promoting anything contrary to the 3FC principles so hopefully it'll last)

http://www.walkthewalk.org/

Events are happening soon in San Diego and Boston. Not that I'll be doing them!!

DonnaS 04-20-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sf40
I don't know what's worse, eating neon orange kraft mac & cheese or peeps! Donna's hubby had the right idea, and I hope he cooked it too! :smug:

He did, but he does most of the cooking, so that's not unusual.

I'm going to work on Pilates tonight. I really haven't been all that motivated this month, I haven't weighed myself, not really putting a lot of effort in any of the exercising that I've been doing. I need to change that. Maybe now that the weather is starting to change, it will help with the motivation.

I think Saturday Brianna and I are going to go to the zoo, so that will be some serious walking opportunities.

sf40 04-20-2006 06:30 PM

The Playtex Moonwalk looks really fun, and for a good cause. Guess you don't need to worry about wearing sunscreen ... Still want to see pictures of the fur-covered bras! :D

Donna, keep moving! I find that it helps to rely on determination rather than motivation (motivation comes and goes ...). But it sounds like you've had your share of colds recently and maybe your body is just recovering slowly.

Today did 40 minutes of cardio, 20 each on treadmill and elliptical. Skipped the ab and lower back workout because I pulled something in my lower back last weekend and think I should give that area a break.

Am changing up my weight routine again next week. For the past month or so I've been hitting each body part 1x per week. I think I was getting better results when I was doing BFL-style, hitting each body part 2x on alternating weeks. I'm gonna try hitting each body part 2x per week, but do slightly fewer reps each session so hopefully it will add only 1 hour or so to my weekly total.

sf40 04-21-2006 01:13 PM

OK, where is everyone??? I know Clare is off in the country, feeding her DH's friends (Sonoma-friendly meals, I hope) but what about the rest of you?

No workout for me today. Just found out late yesterday afternoon that I'm having a FNA biopsy of my thyroid early this afternoon. Won't be able to do anything strenuous for a day or so, so thought I should spend my time this morning cleaning and doing laundry. Hope I can ride my bike tomorrow!

Back to truffles ... I totally agree with Linda about really good truffles. Yum! And you have to eat them up before they spoil! I just found out last night that my very favorite truffles in the whole world are available at Fashion Island in Newport Beach. Previously, I only got them when I went to San Francisco or Las Vegas (or Zurich). This demonstrates how I have avoided clothes-shopping for several years that I just found this out!!! So I am going to treat myself to some yummy, creamy, rich, decadent truffles after the biopsy.

DonnaS 04-21-2006 02:22 PM

I'm here. I did Pilate's last night and again this morning. Tomorrow, it's a day spent walking around the zoo with the little one, and maybe an afternoon at the rec center for some swimming.

Hopefully everyone has a great weekend.

Sherry - Which truffles are our favorite? And I hope the biopsy goes well this afternoon.

MELODY525 04-21-2006 08:21 PM

I MUST MAKE THIS SHORT. IM HAVE SPENT 2 DAYS WITH PROBLEMS WITH DRS. I HAVE TO COME OFF MY MEDS SO THINGS GET WORSE AND THEY CAN RUN TESTS ON THE 15TH OF MAY. NOT GOING TO BE PLEASANT BUT A NECESSITY. HAVEN'T BEEN EXERCISING. SIGH. BUT I WILL START AGAIN TOMORROW. HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL AND I MISSED OUR CHATTER.

CLARE~ hope the weekend festivities go well!!!
Happy Birthday to the DH!

SHERRY~ SENDING HEALING VIBES TO YOU AND YOUR THYROID!! :hug: DAMN I HOPE ALL WORKS OUT WELL FOR BOTH OF US!!!! LOL

DONNA~I HAVEN'T GONE TO A ZOO IN YEARS!! LOL YOU JUST GAVE ME LOTS OF GOOD MEMORIES!! GOOD EXERCISE TOO! LOL I ALSO HOPE THE WEATHER MOTIVATES ME TO WHERE I WAS. GOOD LUCK TOO!!!

MELODY525 04-22-2006 09:54 AM

:sunny: WAKE UP!!! RISE AND SHINE!!!
30 :ebike:

Happy Saturday!!

sf40 04-22-2006 03:34 PM

Good afternoon!

Procedure went well, but I feel a bit like I was punched in the neck. Thanks, Donna and Mel.

Really wanted to ride bikes this morning so we did. Yay! Went 14.25 miles, which is .5 more in the same amount of time as last week. So we're getting faster. Of course, no rain and mud to deal with today, but it looks like another rain storm is coming in and we were going against a very strong wind as we rode towards the ocean.

Donna, I really really really love Teuscher's truffles. We first had them a number of years ago when we were in Zurich. I was excited to learn they are in the U.S., but there are only about a dozen shops. The chocolate is so good and the insides so creamy and yummy. I bought 12 and ate 7 (hubby ate the other 5). I used to buy them every time I went to San Francisco, and hope I don't start eating too many now that I can get them so close to home. Like Mel, I haven't been to a zoo in years. It sounds like fun, hope you had a great time!

Mel, sorry to hear about the problems with the docs. Will be thinking about you and sending positive energy your way the next few weeks as you are off your meds. :hug: Glad to see you exercised this morning and hope you can continue throughout the next few weeks!

Don't know yet if I'll do anything tomorrow. Because I skipped my workout yesterday, I'm 30 minutes short of my weekly cardio goal. May go swimming, or maybe I'll do a yoga DVD at home. Or maybe I won't do anything! Hope you all enjoy the weekend!

Woodstock Cate 04-22-2006 05:05 PM

Happy Saturday

Hello:

Well I think I am recoverd from a class from ****.:( I took this class called Body Attack. Yeah it sounds a lot like the class I like Body Combat, but it was a revamped, reved up PE class. You know, jumping jacks, sprints, lunges, push ups, etc.

The instructor was a male about 20 years old full of energy. He played music I have never heard of before. Nothing that made you want to get up and boogie. Anyway, several newbies left the class before it was even half over. I stuck it out and it took me hours to recoup. The good thing was that I had a pink glow for 3 hours.

I guess if I would have died, they wouldn't have had to put too much make up on my corpse.:yikes:

I think next Friday I will tackle the Guantlet, the stairmaster from ****. Much better than the class from ****. At least I don't have to suffer peer pressure if I want to get off the darn thing.

Which is one reason I stuck it out. Lots of people I know saying you can do it! Live and learn.

Hooray, two days off until Monday morning Body Combat.

Have a great weekend.~Cate

MELODY525 04-23-2006 09:14 AM

SHERRY~ ARE YOU ALLOWED IN A COMMUNAL POOL SO SOON AFTER THE PROCEDURE?? JUST A THOUGHT. YOU KNOW....GERMS. (PEE)
GLAD TO HEAR IT WENT WELL AND THANKS FOR THE :hug: I NEEDED IT. HAPPY EXERCISING THIS WEEK AND TAKE CARE OF YOU!!

CATE~ HAPPY TO HEAR ALSO THAT YOU MADE IT TO THE END OF **** CLASS! :rofl: ALL KIDDING ASIDE...GOOD FOR YOU!! YOU MUST HAVE FELT GOOD ABOUT IT THOUGH!!:carrot:

I FEEL PRETTY GOOD SO FAR AND STARTED MY OWN TREATMENT OF ORGANIC YOGURT AND ASSORTED CAPSULES LIKE ACIDOLPHOLIS(SP) HOPING FOR THE BEST. GOING TO :ebike" FOR 30 MINS AND THEN GET MY BUTT MOVING ON THE REST OF THE DAY!!!
HAPPY SUNDAY. :wave: TO ALL THE REST:wave:

Woodstock Cate 04-23-2006 09:36 AM

Mel & Sherry~ I wish you both abundant health. I am sending you both lots of loving healing thoughts. Take care of yourselves.

~Cate

MELODY525 04-23-2006 11:06 AM

:encore: CATE THANKS SO MUCH (SNIFF, SNIFF) :encore:

sf40 04-23-2006 01:39 PM

Mel, hadn't really thought about the pee thing ... :( Everything went so well, I didn't bleed, yesterday's ride didn't affect me, that I didn't even think that I might still be healing. They used a tiny needle and I'm not even bruised but you are probably right. I should heal completely before I go swimming. Well, no matter today because we rode bikes again.

It rained last night and the clouds were gone this morning. Was so clean and fresh that we were riding by 7:30. This time, we went to the beach and rode along the shore. We don't go nearly so fast because there are more distractions in terms of pedestrians, skateboarders, strollers, dogs, little kids on bikes, surfers, etc. But the scenery is great. Today, could easily see Catalina Island which is about 26 miles off the coast. Could also see San Clemente Island in the clouds, which is about 50 miles. Loved it!

Mel, sure do hope the yogurt and supplements work. And keep exercising! :D I know that I generally have a more positive outlook when I exercise regularly. And when my head is better, I can often convince myself that other things are better, too!

Cate, thank you for your thoughts. And congrats on making it through that class! I am still a total cardio wimp and can only handle indoor cycling classes. You keep this up, you'll be burning tons of fat. Just a thought: do you measure yourself? With all your exercising, that might be a better way to gauge your progress than what the scale says.