3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sonoma Diet and the Mediterranean Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sonoma-diet-mediterranean-diet-188/)
-   -   April Exercise - No I'm not kidding!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sonoma-diet-mediterranean-diet/80502-april-exercise-no-im-not-kidding.html)

DonnaS 04-07-2006 01:00 PM

Nothing for me today, I have a sinus infection, and my head feels like it is going to explode. Birthday party for my nephew tonight, so not able to do anything then either.

sf40 04-07-2006 01:30 PM

Happy Friday!

Yay for rain, happy. We're getting more rain too and like you we need it!!

Cate, I always had a sore rear after biking, even wearing my bike shorts. But a couple of months ago I noticed it wasn't hurting anymore and nothing had changed except I have developed my glute muscles and weigh a bit less. I don't wear bike shorts to spinning class and my rear is never sore, and I think it's due to the muscle I have back there now. Give it time and I would suggest squats and lunges to build muscle ... but not on spinning or other intense cardio days!

Clareh and Donna, hope you're both feeling better.

Today did a 30-minute weight workout for chest, shoulders, and triceps. Then walked around the big block in my neighborhood. Included the two cul-de-sacs in my walk, which made it a nice 30-minute walk. Luckily I beat the rain!

MELODY525 04-07-2006 01:55 PM

I AM ON THE FLY. NO EXERCISE TODAY! OOPS!! GET OUT THE WET NOODLE! CHAOS IN THE OFFICE AND I WENT TO HELP OUT SOME AND AM GOING BACK DOWN

:hug: TO THE SICK AND :cheers: FOR ALL THE MOVERS AND SHAKERS!!

HAPPY WEEKEND AND ENJOY IT!!!! :dance:

Clareh 04-07-2006 01:58 PM

Cate- the pain will pass!! Not sure how (maybe like Sherry says it's the muscles) I don't wear padded shorts but have a fair bit of natural padding. You'll get such a kick when you realise in 4 weeks that the class is so much easier (to quote happy- you are a goddess..)

Done a 45 min advanced spinning class after work tonight. Walking 12 miles tomorrow (twice around the beautiful reservoir) but going to the pub tonight to meet some friends (note to self.. must not drink more than 2 glasses of wine or it will all hurt tomorrow...)

Woodstock Cate 04-07-2006 08:43 PM

Happy Friday

I hope you all had a good week. Thanks to everyone who urged me to continue the spin classes. I am going tomorrow again, so it didn't frighten me too much!

I did 50 minutes on the treadmill today! :carrot:

WE can do this together!:dust:

~Cate

Clareh 04-08-2006 08:15 AM

It hurts! I have a hangover and have to walk.

Hope everyone else has a better day.

Have a great weekend

Woodstock Cate 04-08-2006 08:26 AM

Clareh:

I went to the pub yesterday as well. Fortunately, I only had a pint of beer! Unfortunately, I ate half my husband's fish and chips. I am up a 1.5 lbs. as a result.

I don't get why a meal off program can do so much harm. It sure isn't the calories in, calories out thing. I did 50 minutes of cardio, and only have an order. Plus, I drank 2 quarts of water.

Now, I am back to where I was. After having lost some weight this past week. It sure seems to be true that you don't own your weight loss for at least 6 to 9 months.

Easy on, very, very hard to get off.

~Cate

Clareh 04-08-2006 09:59 AM

Cate- it will be water retention from the fish and chips and beer, that's all. I bet you'll be back to where you were by Monday, but I do agree that it's easy on, hard to get it off!

I've had to think this morning's exercise plans as I fell down the stairs and have bumped my toe, which is now swelling and aching, so am not walking today.

Hope everyone's having a better day than me!!

MELODY525 04-08-2006 10:08 AM

CATE~ I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I ONLY GO OFF MY PLAN A LITTLE BIT AND WHAMMO IT'S BACK ON.
BUT I JUST CANNOT SEEM TO BE 100% ALL THE TIME!! :rofl: GLAD THE SPIN CLASS IS STILL HAPPENING AND THANKS FOR THE DUST!! I COULD USE IT THIS WEEKEND!

SF~ GOOD YOU BEAT THE RAIN. ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO WHEN I BEGAN LOSING WEIGHT I KEPT SHIFTING IN MY CHAIR ALL THE TIME TRYING TO GET COMFORTABLE. THE DR SAID I HAD LOST MY PADDED SEAT!!! :rofl: WENT OUT AND GOT A CUSHION!!

CLARE~ HOPE THE HANGOVER IS BETTER!! :hug:WHAT A WAY TO HAVE TO WALK!!! :dizzy:

DONNA~ hOPE YOU FEEL BETTER TOO. :hug:I HATE SINUS ANYTHING!!! :tantrum:

GETTING A LATE START AGAIN TODAY BUT...
30 MINS :ebike: RIGHT NOW!!!! LOL HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE AND STAY WELL!!!

MELODY525 04-08-2006 10:10 AM

OMG CLARE!!! THANK GOD NOTHING IS BROKEN!!! YOU JUST POSTED WHILE I WAS TYPING. LOTS OF :hug: TO YOU AND BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELF SO YOU CAN HEAL PROPERLY!!!! THAT'S AN ORDER!! :hug:

sf40 04-08-2006 12:18 PM

Mel, glad to see you moving today. Better late than never!

Clareh, ouch! First your head and now your toe. Sending :hug: and hope that both parts feel better soon!

Cate, like Clareh says it's just water retention from the salty foods. The same thing happens to me when I eat very salty foods, plus my belly gets a bit more puffy than it normally is. You'll be back to normal soon.

No workout today, planned day off. But it's sunny and clear and I may do some gardening outside so I can get my herbs and veggies in the ground. Then we're going to a baseball game this evening and I'm sooo looking forward to spending some time with hubby!

MELODY525 04-09-2006 08:54 AM

:cloud9::angel:Even God had one day of rest!:angel::cloud9:
Happy Sunday! I am leaving early in the morning so I'll see ya Tuesday!! It's my day of freedom at the Mall!:carrot:

Clareh 04-09-2006 12:09 PM

Mel- have a great day.

My toe joint is bruised and my foot aches from my trip yesterday- put that with my walkers feet and I would be a nightmare customer if I ever went for a pedicure. Attractive!

80 mins on the elliptical today. Didn't want to walk as I didn't know whether it would end up hurting but it was fine.

Have a great Sunday.

sf40 04-09-2006 02:37 PM

Mel, hope you enjoy your day of freedom.

Clareh, glad things are feeling better and you're able to exercise.

Today hubby and I went for a bike ride along the river trail. A storm is coming in and the wind was rushing up along the river, so as we traveled towards the ocean it was a bit rough, but going inland was nice. We went for about an hour then had a nice breakfast afterwards. I slipped from plan and had half of a cinnamon roll with hubby, but it sure was yummy!

Woodstock Cate 04-10-2006 01:24 PM

Right back like you said

You ladies sure know what you are talking about. My weight is right back where it was before the fish & chips, and beer! Thanks to all of you for your support and advice.

Today I did something truly amazing. I attended a Body Combat class. It is boxing and kicking, and martial arts. Well, guess what? I absolutely loved it!
:carrot:

I was weak at the knees, soaked to the bone, and quivering when I walked out of the class. But, it was the most energetic fun class. I felt very powerful. I am still in shock that I liked it so much.

I even stopped by the grocery store, and the post office when the class was over. And when I walked in the door, my husband said by you look like you had an exhilarting workout. I was still glowing and wet.:cool:

I plan on taking that class once a week, plus RPM (spin), Body Pump, and cadio the other two days. I want to mix it up so that my body doesn't get used to the new program.

Clareh, thank goodness you are okay. :hug: Take care of yourself. I would hate to see you hurt yourself and not be able to complete your goal.

~Cate