Old 03-10-2006, 11:20 AM   #1  

Default The End of Wave 1!

With all the folks starting Sonoma this week-end, I thought my "just finished" experiences on Wave 1 might be a little boost when the going gets rough.

First, I did lose weight and inches on this plan. I don't have an exact figure, but it was enough to move me off a 2 month plateau. Secondly, my skin looks and feels better. My acne and redness have calmed considerably, and I've had friends (MALE friends who never notice these things) comment on how I look. My clothes fit better, and I have more energy, which I've re-dedicated to my work-outs.

For the first four days, I had a blistering headache from sugar withdrawl, and I've read how some have had irritable bowels/upset stomachs from the increase in fiber. It all passes or diminishes. And today, I don't really crave anything! It will be great to have some fruit tomorrow, and some wine next week, but I know I'll be content with what the plan encourages me to have. After only 10 days, I feel like this plan is a habit I can keep for the rest of my life.

By the end of the month, I don't think it will be a plan at all, it will just be the way I eat. I think that's the goal of Sonoma, and if you're just starting out, I want you know, at least for me, it's everything I hoped it would be.

Good luck, stay with it, and keep posting your successes!
Deb
debbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #2  

Wonderul news Deb. Just like I tell everyone.. weight loss is only part of the reward you'll get from this program!! You are living proof that I wasn't just flapping my gums. Althought I have been accused of that quite a bit
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:52 AM   #3  

That's pretty awesome! My sister has been on wave 1 for about nine days now. I talked to her on day 7 and she said that she was beginning to feel really good on the diet. I am really excited about getting the book and getting started. I'm hoping it will be arriving in the mail any day now.
SheilaF328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/255/135

Glad to hear of your success. I'm one who will be starting Monday and I'm really encouraged by reading your post. Thanks
Mundy
Mundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #5  

That's great---I am very encouraged--I have been on Wave 1 only 2 days and am down 4 pounds but I know from years of experience not to trust that too much---not having too much trouble with the food but it is taking a lot of prep time--once I have a few basic dressings and marinades to work with I think it will get easier--I have mostly been spared the headaches so far--probably because I already had cut sugar out of so much of my diet--I am looking forward to Wave 2 already for the added flexibility but so far so good---I cooked tilipia for dinner last night for the first time ever---was a lot better than I expected !
OlympiaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #6  
Cindy

So great to hear. I have been doing Sonoma for almost 2 weeks now, not exactly complete Wave 1, but maybe 80-90%. I, too, feel just great and my jeans fit better and I feel so in control. I get hungry, but not craving starving and I know that's the good carbs and being off sugar. Plus I love to cook and the recipes are right up my alley.

I eat more fruit that is suggested, but it seems to work for me. Lovin' that I'm in the groove especially with the kiss of spring in the air.

I, too, love my wine and haven't had much even since the end of the first 10 days - but I've always had a glass of wine with dinner so looking forward to the way that settles right into the pattern.

Smiles, great way to live isn't it?
CindyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:52 PM   #7  

Oh my goodness, I had strawberries with dinner tonight, and a nice glass of merlot. I never knew they could taste so incredible!!!
debbers is offline   Reply With Quote