Old 06-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #1  
BAMA GIRL 1954

Default Has anyone read this book?

I am starting the Mediterranean Diet. I bought the The Mediterranean Diet book. Has anyone read this book and what do you think of it? Thanks Patricia
BAMA GIRL 1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #2  

Default Yes, I have

I have read that book. Last summer I lost about 12 pounds and lowered by cholesterol to 161 and my blood pressure also went down when I followed that plan. I was going to the gym and walking on the treadmill, riding the bike, and doing water aerobics at the same time. Then school started (I'm a teacher) and during the school year I gained the weight back, so now I am going back on the plan. I have also read The Sonoma Diet and The New Sonoma Diet. I really do feel much better when I eat this way.
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #3  
BAMA GIRL 1954

Default Thanks Tabbycat

Glad to hear that this book helped. A few ladies and myself have decided to follow this way of eating. I hope that it works for us. Patricia
BAMA GIRL 1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #4  
On week 124

S/C/G: 317/242/157

Height: 5'6"

Any updates since June?
one small bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/205/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh I am so happy to see your post. How marvelous you are losing and doing so well!

I have the Mediterranean Diet cookbook. It is not really a weight loss book, from what I have gathered but the healthier European way of eating. There are some great recipes to be enjoyed!

I started out looking at the Sonoma Diet and trying out the recipes there also, but wondered if it was low carb enough for me, as I am a diabetic. I want to add, that the recipes in the Sonoma Diet are absolutely delicious as well!

I have recently bought, Dr. Parker's book Low-Carb Mediterranean Diet, which begins with his Ketogenic Diet first, then he moves on to low carb. I like it. I would love to do the Sonoma with all the grains, but I want to get my weight down and my BS down first. I am not on meds yet...but if I don't get off this weight.. I will be.

How are you doing with it?

Last edited by Mom2boxers; 07-14-2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more without starting a new post.
Mom2boxers is offline   Reply With Quote