Old 10-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default Sonoma/Med Weekly Thread Oct. 19-25, 2009

Okay so here's the weekly thread with a late start. I don't want to discourage any newcomers. I'll post my food for today but I suppose people can talk about whatever they want.

B: Breakfast burrito (2 eggs scrambled with green onions, green pepper and a little cheddar cheese, rolled in a whole wheat low carb tortilla with some salsa on top) sugar free latte
L: beef barley soup, 1/2 pita with hummus, 2 clementines
S: homemade trail mix (mixed nuts, raisins, dried cranberries)
D: Orange-Sesame Chicken and Shrimp Stir Fry over Brown rice with a glass of Pinot Grigio

Calories were a little high today because of that snack but the fiber in this menu is unbelievable-I had 44 grams of fiber today! I didn't know that was possible.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

petra65, that breakfast sounds lovely! I've been trying to find wholewheat tortillas.. as soon as I do will definitely try that one out.

I'm working a night shift so my food for tonight is a bit all over the place but basically so far its been

Early evening - Wholewhet pasta with spicy red pepper pesto
Later Evening - celery cucumber and apple juice, followed by a tinned mackerel fillet with garlic dressing, and a salad of rocket, tomato and balsamic vinegar. Pomegranate for dessert.
Later on - Will be having a bowl of porridge with a teaspoon of honey, some raisins and cinnamon.

That's it! Bit backwards I know, but that's the way a night shift works!

Sarah
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #3  

My menu today is:

Breakfast - Co-Co Wheat (sorry, not very Mediterranean-y or healthy, but I am working within a budget and that's what I have right now) with milk and sugar, coffee with milk

Lunch - salad w/romaine lettuce, radicchio, daikon radish, queso fresco, salad dressing

Dinner - corn tortillas, refried beans, homemade pico de gallo, queso fresco, a glass of red wine

Snack - trail mix
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:51 AM   #4  

Sarah-I see you are not in the US. We have 2 brands of whole wheat, low carb tortillas readily available here and I live in Mississippi (not exactly the cultural capital of the US). One is Mission and the other is La Tortilla Factory. I don't know if those are available in Europe or not. You might be able to get the La Tortilla Factory ones over the internet.

Mary
Old 10-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

I am new to this diet and and starting on wave 2. I do not have sugar cravings since i gave up high fructose corn syrup. But I love a glass of wine with dinner! Lol.

B- 1 egg and 1 egg white with yellow and red peppers and a laughing cow triangle chopped into it. 1 mini ww bagel with tbs natural pbutter.

L- mixed salad leaves, tbs gorganzola cheese, chopped walnuts and paul newmans ceaser dressing. mixed berries natural ygurt for dessert.

D-veggie stir fried in tbs olive oil and chicken. Glass of red wine. (yipee)

Have a great day. I'm excited to be here and hope that we start having more interrest on this forum.
Britmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #6  
Sarah

Thanks Mary for info! I'll take a look. In Malta they certainly love their bread but unfortunately its the white stuff, which I try to avoid!

Night shift again for me so its a bit backwards but -

Early eve - Herring fillet in tomato sauce & salad of rocket, cherry tomatoes
Later on - Wholemeal pocket bread with red pesto, rocket, cherry tomatoes
Early morning - Bowl of porridge with raisins and honey

Finally finished my night shifts in the morning and I'm looking forward to a very rare weekend off. Will definitely be enjoying a few glasses of red!

Have a great day !

Sarah
Old 10-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #7  

Sarah-enjoy your weekend off. I'm jealous. I have to work this weekend. I had one of those awful days when I got home later than expected from work, was planning to cook and was in a panic but on the way home I realized I could have an omelet for dinner. That actually worked out pretty well.

Britmum-I'm with you on that glass of wine! I didn't have one tonight but I enjoy mine most nights. It's something I didn't realize I would come to enjoy so much.

B: 1 cup 2% Fage yogurt with mixed blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, 1/2 cup granola, sugar free latte
L: 1/2 cup brown rice, orange-sesame shrimp and chicken stirfry, 1 satsuma (this is a citrus fruit sort of like a tangerine that is unique to the area where I live)
S: 2 tbsp trail mix (mixed nuts, raisins, dried cranberries)
D: omelet with mushrooms and shredded mozzarella cheese, 1 slice whole grain bread and low sugar strawberry preserves.

Nice to see so many people posting.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

Petr65- I love satsumas. I grew up in the northwest of England. I moved to the States 14 years ago. Satsumas are a fond memory of Xmas as child in England. They were always available then! Just the smell of them makes me smile!

B-same as yesterday!
L- mixed salad leaves, fresh parmesaen, walnuts,pumpkin seeds,newmans own ceaser dressing. yogurt, berries and granola.
D-Roast cauliflower and broccoli, brown rice with red pepper flakes and either salmon or turkey. And of course my wine (yippee)!

Weekends are my weakest time. I have yet to stay on plan! But I will this weekend. I wont let you down ladies.

I do work out as well. I'm just starting to really get into pilates. I've always been a weights chick, but i'm shooting for that slender lean look. As apposed to Arnolds little buff sister.Lol

Have a fabulous weekend.
Georgina
Britmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #9  
Sarah

Happy Friday girls!

I slept all day after my night shift so I wont be having three meals tonight.

Dinner - Ricotta and mint frittata, salad of rocket and tomato with olive oil and vinegar. dessert (im allowing myself because I had no brekkie or lunch!) some tiramisu. A few glasses of red wine

Have a great weekend
Old 10-23-2009, 04:01 PM   #10  

Default Hello everybody!

Hoping I can join the group!
I believe I've finally found an eating plan that will work for me, as it doesn't involve counting calories or giving up bread
I've bought the Med. diet book, and also the newer cookbook, though I've not had time as yet to read through enough. I've been kind of "winging it" for the last couple weeks, and do see some loosening in my jeans already. And it's much easier to stick with than most "diets"

Here's my menu for today:
B: oatmeal with Truvia, cinnamon, and raisins
S:apple, orange
L:veggie omelet, tomatoes,onions,peppers, and a sprinkling of cheese
D:eggplant parmesan with whole wheat pasta (Macaroni Grill)
garden salad w/raspberry vinagrette dressing
bread w/olive oil and spices
glass of merlot
sunlover721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #11  

Welcome sunlover. Of course you can join us. I think a lot of us find this "diet" very liveable and since this is something you will need to do for the rest of your life, that's important.

Britmum-I had no idea satsumas grew in England. I thought they were unique to the Gulf Coast of the US. I had never seen them until I moved here 3 years ago, not that I'm an extensive world traveler but I have traveled the US quite a bit.

B: steel cut oatmeal, honey, cinnamon, raisins, walnuts, sugar free latte
L: 1/2 cup brown rice with sesame-orange chicken and shrimp stir fry.
S: trail mix, 1/2 pita with hummus
D: turkish carrots with lentils, glass of chardonnay.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #12  

Cardboardcutout-I'm not big on frittata but that ricotta and mint one sounds good. You may need to share the recipe for that.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #13  

Yeah, I thought ricotta and mint frittata sounded interesting, too!

B: Coco Wheats w/1c milk and 1T sugar
L: Chicken kabob, lentil pilaf, half an ear of corn on the cob
D: Mexican entree with added salsa, squash, glass of chardonnay
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #14  

I had a tough day. People were trying to feed me stuff I didn't need to be eating like birthday cake and cookies. I managed to get out of work without consuming any of it so I feel pretty good about that.

B: greek yogurt with raspberries, blackberries, granola, sugar free latte
L: beef barley soup, 1/2 pita with hummus, 2 clementines
S: trail mix
D: turkish carrots and lentils, salad, glass of chardonnay
Old 10-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #15  
Sarah

Sure, will post the recipe later! It's from a book called Mediterranean harvest, which has some great recipes for people following the diet.
Yesterday I slept till 18.00 as I ended up staying up very late on Fri (and was very naughty with the wine) so I just had dinner
D - wholewheat pasta with rocket pesto
S - some nuts and raisins
a few glasses of red.. again.. will be working hard this week to be good

Menu for today is
L - Wholewheat roll with prawns, tomato, vegan mayo
D - Prawn & Coconut curry with wholegrain rice