Old 10-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #16  

My yesterday was pretty bad.

B: --
L: salad (romaine, raddichio, persimmon, daikon, queso fresco, celery, dressing), coffee w/milk
S: candy bar and potato chips, with dip
S: tyropita and a mocha
S: 2 granola bars
S: fruit salad
D: bacon-chicken sandwich and a junior frosty from Wendy's
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #17  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Evening ladies

As promised, the recipe - Riccotta Frittata with fresh herbs
Serves 4
6 large eggs, salt and pepper, 1 cup fresh ricotta, 1 garlic clove minced, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram, parsley, or mint (I used mint) 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Heat the broiler / grill. Beat together in a medium bowl the eggs, salt, pepper, ricotta, garlic and herbs.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof 10 inch skillet over medium - high heat and when its hot pour in egg mixture and cook. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 10 mins or until just about set. Put pan under broiler 3-4 inches from the heat, until set and browned on top (few mins at most)
- Slide onto a wide plate and serve hot, cool or at room temperature.

et voila!

Have a great evening

Sarah
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:03 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Sarah-that souds great! I'm gonna have to try that, maybe next weekend when I'm home. You sure do love arugula, don't you?

B: 2 eggs scrambled with canadian bacon, green onions, a little cheedar and stuffed in 1/2 a pita
L: turkish carrots with lentils, tossed salad with some feta and raspberry vinagrette, grapes
D: Provencal Beef Stew (this was a Cooking Light Recipe and OMG was it fantastic! and I don't say that very often), slice of crusty rye bread, glass of pinot noir.

I buy my wine in the little individual serving bottles (airplane wine). It may limit my options but it also prevents me from getting carried away. I also live alone and that way I don't end up with a bunch of open bottles or having to drink the same thing for 4 or 5 nights in a row.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:37 AM   #19  

Default Weekends.....

Well, my grandkids were here this weekend, and it's really tough to be good.
B: waffle, lite syrup, 2 links turkey sausage
L: chicken caesar salad w/raspberry vinagrette dressing
S:healthy whole grain bread (yummo, from our Westside Market, which is a huge indoor/outdoor farmer's and vendor's market) w/olive oil and spices
D:2 slices pizza

A lot more white flour and carbs in what I ate than I need, for sure. But, before I started eating this way, I would have had 3 or 4 waffles, and regular sausage-- and half of that pizza! So, I am doing a little better.

My big struggle is trying to get the husband on board, so it's easier to cook the same thing for both of us. (He's one of those meat and potatoes guys- so I'm trying to up the chicken and fish, and veggies as much as I can.) Any suggestions would be appreciated.
sunlover721 is offline   Reply With Quote