Old 09-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #1  

Default Wow!! I got taken over by the binge monster!

Jeez!!! Last night some alien life form invaded my until-then shrinking body and turned me into a cracker-cheese-wine ingesting MACHINE!!!

Man do I feel like CRAP today! Can't wait to get back on the Sonoma wagon...the difference in how I feel is just, ugh!!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I take it you were out somewhere when this happened.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #3  

Nah, we had people over -- I started getting very careless and then feeling like I was blowing it which was discouraging....I started getting out some stuff, just little things, cheese, olives, crackers, cashews just little munchies, at first I had no intention of eating them but the famous WTH wine factor kicked in I suppose, ugh~

Labor Day weekend is a hard one for me....harder than Chistmas! BBQs and all that and tomorrow we are off to this ethnic festival we go to every year (Chino Basque fest) which is ALL about food. Chorizos, lamb, french bread,you name it. There's just too much wine, food, socializing in my face this weekend!!!!!

In fact I would say summer in general is the most challenging because I have the kids home constantly, and their friends, constantly dealing with preparing food, no alone time AT ALL which I really miss.....school starts Tuesday and that same day I'm going Wave 1, which I have skipped so far since I did the South Beach first phase.

Now I'm in Damage Control mode!! Not drinking any wine tonight for sure....
Old 09-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

Holidays ARE hard. If you have to start again on Tuesday, that's okay. Get it in your mind, Tuesday, it's all about to change. You will get back on plan, and hopefully not have any other obstacles for a while. You can do this. Remember how great you feel when you eat right. No self guilt to deal with.
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:16 AM   #5  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Hi! I had something like that happen to me yesterday morning when I had Kit Kats for breakfast! Welcome to my world. Muah ah ah ah!
GeorgiePorgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:32 AM   #6  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

that's weird cause i call my binge monster an 'alien'! Good luck in fighting the alien today!
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:08 AM   #7  

Warning-here comes the shrink in me. That's because it's an addiction and that is how addictions work. They "hijack" your brain. That is why we recommend addicts stay away from the things they are addicted to-once they start, it's all over. They have a saying in AA I can certainly relate to. One is too many, and a thousand is never enough.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #8  

You're right about that Petra....in my case little salty snacks and cocktails, that is a RED LIGHT situation if ever there was one. Truly with things like chips, the whole bag is not enough. Drinks, I usually stop at two but something about the drinks makes it more likely I will eat the chips.

Unfortunately -- not that I want to be a heroin addict but in a way they have an advantage, since heroin is not CONSTANTLY IN THEIR FACE EVERYWHERE THEY GO! They don't have a Heroin Table at Back To School night and ask you to put out some heroin in little doilies at the punch table, LOL.

Also they aren't being bombarded with advertising day and night to visit a drive-through heroin store --

Luckily I don't have the same problem with other foods -- I'm pretty indifferent to sweets actually.

Hey Petra are you really a shrink??
Old 09-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #9  

Stay away from us, binge monster!

http://uncletaz.com/Tazdevil.GIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_0600 View Post
that's weird cause i call my binge monster an 'alien'! Good luck in fighting the alien today!
Old 09-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #10  

Yes, I'm a psychiatrist and an internist. The job I have now is supposed to be all psych but I do more medicine than I would have expected. The job I'm taking is mostly medicine with a little psych thrown in to keep me happy.

You are right about illegal drugs not being as easily available but alcohol is much more in our faces than I think most of us realize. We were having this same discussion on another thread I visit recently. I literally ate a choc. chip cookie at the mall 10 months ago and was still binging on sugar until a couple weeks ago. I was down to 185 lbs before that cookie! Same exact psychological effect as any other addictive substance you want to name except it is legal. I rationalized the whole experience to myself saying "it will be okay as long as I don't bring it in my house." Yeah, right! I was even noticing that I feel like I just woke up out of a stupor. At my local grocery store, the beer is in the same aisle as the milk and you can buy alcohol at every little convenience store.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #11  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Well camping I didn't eat well - also met the sugar monster, so I'm back to wave 1 tomorrow. Similarly - all the boys are in school (two went back last week but kindergarten not until tomorrow).

Will be having a glass of wine with DH tonight and then back to 10 new days of wave 1. I was actually fine on wave 1 until the weekend away, so I think it will get me back into things. And back to my ticker weight, which is about 3lbs away by now

Snuggles to all,
Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

Katie-

You may have to stay away from the wine if the WTH factor keeps kicking in. I want you to succed in your weight loss.

Are you back on the Sonoma Wagon yet?
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote