Old 03-07-2007, 11:17 AM   #1  

Question New with alot of questions

Hi I am new to the sonoma diet just started and to this site. My question is I had metabolic syndrome and can't have anything white, no sugar, very little perferably no fruit, and limited red meats. The sonoma diet seems to be a good diet and lifestyle for me however I am wondering about the waves. Because of the strictness put on me from my doctor would I be able to move off of wave 1. I just ordered the book and cookbook. Do you think that there is enough variety that I can make this diet work for me. Also I have an elliptical and wonder how long everyone worked out on it. I usually do 30-45 minutes 2-3 time a week but am not getting the results I am wanting does anyone have a suggestion to boost up the weightloss and toning.

Thanks in advance,
Lisa DeLong
littlemisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #2  

Welcome Lisa. Glad to have you. The first thing - Follow your doctors orders. Since you have a medical condition, that is the most impotant thing to keep in mind.

The primary difference between wave 1 and 2 is the addition of fruit, so you mention you should have very little. Then add very little fruit. No more than your doctor says you should have. You can eat chicken and fish just fine on Sonoma so don't worry about the limitation on red meat. I eat the stuff maybe once every 3 months because i really don't care for it.

Recent studies have shown that 60-90 minutes of exercise is recommended to sutain weight loss, BUT don't get scared because you don't have to start there. What you are doing is fine, but do keep in mind the need for resistence/strength training along with some more cardio.

http://www.health.gov/dietaryguideli...ckgrounder.htm
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #3  

Thanks I will definately stick to doctors orders. It is just really hard to find alot of recipes that I can feed the whole family when the diet is so strict. And then i get burned out on white meats and fish. My husband is not much for vegetables so i feel like I am making two-three meals in one sitting. Thanks for you reply on the exercise I am definately going to trying upping it slowly. I have tried the exercise ball and it has really helped as well.
littlemisses is offline   Reply With Quote