Old 02-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

Default Do you think it's possible to lose weight on Wave2?

Here's the deal. Today should be my last day of Wave 1. However, I do NOT feel like I really did Wave 1, since I "cheated" everyday. I know I lost a few pounds, because my pants weren't as tight as they usually are. Technically, I should start Wave 1 over again, but I'm not going to.

Anyhow, I think Wave 2 is probably more practical... however, it seems like there is SO much food to eat, I don't know how one actually loses weight on it. I'm sure it's a painfully slow process, but it almost doesn't seem like one could lose weight eating all that food. For example, today I ate whole grain cereal for breakfast, and at lunch I had a tuna sandwich (from the book). According to todays meal plan, in the book, I can still have a fruit and tonight will be a burger for dinner. (Which I probably won't have, but I'll have something similiar - maybe). Well, that's A LOT of food. Know what I'm saying? I don't want to give up, but I'm getting worried.

How is everyone else feeling, mentally, I mean? Any thoughts? Worries? Scared of gaining weight back?
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:30 PM   #2  

The primary difference between Wave 1 and Wave 2 is the addition of fruit. As long as you control your portion sizes, you should be fine.

Fruit and veggies take up a lot of space on the plate and in the stomach, but add few calories.. as long as you don't cover them with a high cal sauce or anything

Sonoma isn't about starving yourself. it's about learning to eat whole, good food in moderate portions. yes it is differnt from the old boiled chicken breast and steamed veggies meal from some of the old diets, but look where that sort of diet got most of us? We lasted for a few days and then binged .. at least I know i did. Good food doesn't have to be high in calories, because that is what all diets boil down to.. calories in and out!

Relax a little and aslong as you stay on the plan and don't overfill the plate, AND exercise.. you'll do fine.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote