Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-13-2006, 12:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Red face new and excited

Hi there!

I'm new to the site and to concerted weight loss. I spent my life as quite a small(normal weight with big boobs and a bit of a tummy) girl with nothing but my love of walking to keep the weight off. A few years ago I was diagnosed with a nerve disorder that not only keeps me from excercise but prohibits me from enjoying my beloved long walks. I've tried to change my diet to accomodate my relative inactivity, and I walk up short flights of stairs when I can, but there's a pesky 10 pounds that have bumped me up 2 bra sizes and given me quite a beer belly. I know the deal; do what little excercise I can, lay off the sweets(I don't eat much, but I'm a bit of a binger when I do) pay more attention to what I put in my mouth. So I'd love to chat to any and all of you to hear any tricks to kick me in the bum, get me up those stairs and keep the ice cream and cookies out of my mouth.
fitaitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi and welcome. I sure know what you mean about the boobs and tummy problem
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/152/145

Height: 5'8"

Fit,
Sorry about the nerve disorder. I never actually experienced that but I did go through a very rough spot when I had thyroid cancer and had to have my TSH level low, over and over. Left me really lethargic. So anyways, now you know what you need to do. Do it to the best of your ability. I would highly reccomend yoga, since I have done it on and off for 8 years, minus when I was at my heavy weight. This will be something you have to adjust to and you can do it. Take care.
Change4Me
Change4Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies, and thanks for the advice. I do actually like yoga. I bought a dvd several years ago and was fairly committed for a while, but now I'm lucky if I do the first five minutes. That said, as of yesterday (when I joined this fabulous group) I will be shooting for doing it at least 3 or 4 times a week with increasing durations each time. I'd also love any advice for the most effective ways to work on a poofy pooch(my waist is quite small though it's getting bigger, it's my abdomen that's the problem) and a saggy bum. Maybe more stairs??? I hear they're good on bums.
fitaitch is offline   Reply With Quote