Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-31-2006, 11:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/170/150

Height: 5'9"

Default New to this

Hello,
I have never really dieted before. The closest thing was about 5 years ago when I switched from regular pop to diet pop. However, I am now almost 30 and while I am not very overweight, I am worried that I am slowly headed that way. Right now I am 5'9" and I weigh 190 pounds.

I used to be in rather good shape but for the last couple years I have had a high stress desk job (I am a programmer) and I just don't have time to go to the gym when I can get on a machine. I live in Minnesota so about half the year it isn't really nice enough to do much outside (I don't really like doing stuff in the cold). I find that even if I can resist the afternoon snack that I will stop at my parents house and my mom always has so much food around.

The guy I am dating is in New Zealand for awhile and he comes back for a visit in November. I know that he likes me as I am but I would really like to loose some weight before he comes. I am very glad that I found a site that is as supporting as this one is since the last time I thought about dieting I felt so frustrated that most of the people I know didn't understand that my habits are so ingrained at this point that I can't just stop them in an instant, if I could, I would have stopped biting my nails years ago.

Anyways, I am not sure where to go from here but Hi!
Bertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:24 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Hey Bertine ... You'll love it here, there sure are a LOT of supportive folks that's for sure. When I first started this site a few years back I too was shocked to find out that I was not alone in my thoughts about dieting... So pull up a comfy desk chair and post away... Are you following any specific plan? If so we have a forum for all plans...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/170/150

Height: 5'9"

I have no idea where to start. I know about the diets, I am a huge news/information junkie but I just don't know which works or don't. Basically I understand nutrition and what is good/bad but I don't know how to not buy that blasted peanut butter cup in the afternoon or stop myself from raiding the candy jar at work/home/where-ever.

I don't even really know how much I should loose, up until about a week ago (when I realized I was 190 pounds) weight loss was just academic to me.
Bertine is offline   Reply With Quote