Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-22-2006, 11:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: a lot/ a little less/ 140

Height: 5'6"

Default new -want support

Very new to this site. I have looked around here before, but finally got the courage to join. Very overwhelmed--so many groups and subgroups- not sure where to start. I've been on every diet on earth before, but as of now, I'm back on weight watchers. I'm on my 7th week in and I'm doing okay(lost 13 lbs), but i have a million more to go.
I guess I'm looking for support with a sense of humor!
Texas cankles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:32 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Welcome Cankles! You've come to the right place for inspiration and motivation. Scan the boards and you'll see all kinds of success stories to inspire. Look further and you'll find people from whatever plan you want to consider. There's a section for everyone. Check out threads that are similar to your age, or similar to your weight as these folks are going through or have been through exactly what you are and they'll help you along. I know you'll love it here.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #3  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Hello Cankles,

We have three things in common, we are both stiving to lose weight and a healthier lifestyle, we both are WW members and we both live in Texas!!

I too have rejoined WW for the "LAST TIME"! I have been going for 5 weeks and have done OK. I did go to Missouri to visit my Mom and gained, but used the "No Weigh-In" coupon to skip the week I returned. I really enjoy the meetings and the accountability that WW gives.

I have been exercising for some time, but I have problems with motivation. I can always find something else that needs to be done.

I have found this website to be the best on the Internet because whatever your need is, you can find someone who is willing to give you support. There are so many different threads and I'm so glad that I found this website.

I would be happy to be one of your support persons, if you are interested just let me know and I will send you my email address in a PM(private message).

Have a great day!

Linda
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:38 PM   #4  

Default Texas cankles

Turbomimi,
I would be very happy to have your support!! Not only am i new to this site,but I also am new to the whole online community thing. I am computer illiterate I've been trying to catch up, but i'm still trying to figure out how to navigate this whole thing. My friends think I'm kidding but I'm not! I hope this message gets to you, if not i'll try again.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #5  

Hello there,
I am new too. I need lots of support aswell. I have battled with being overweight my whole life. Now after having a baby, I realize I need to be healthy to live a full life for my son.
teacher29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #6  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Gigi and Teacher29,

I know how important it is to have support and motivation to reach your goal of losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle. I have received both from this website and have made some very nice "on-line" friends. I am not able to send either of you a PM (private message) because you do not have the option turned on in your profile. I do not give my email address out as the 3FC Moderators do not suggest doing so. If you will look on the purple status bar on top of this thread and click on User CP (User Control Panel) you can set your options on this Website. One of them is Messaging and Notifications - scroll down until you see Private Messaging and check the box. Let me know when you have done that and I will send you my email address. Until then, here are some suggestions that have helped me tremendously!!

1. Go to the Goal Thread and read some of the success stories that have been posted. It is amazing what some of our fellow readers have accomplished. By reading their stories, I have gained new strength in knowing that I too can reach my goal.

2. Keep a positive attitude even when it seems that you are not losing as fast as you want or you have a set back.

3. Keep a visual image of what you'd like to look like--when you are tempted to eat something that you know isn't on your program, take the time to visualize that image...Is it worth it????

4. Don't put yourself in situations that you know you can not handle (i.e., tomorrow evening, I am going to a play with several friends. They plan to go out to eat at one of my favorite restuarants here in Lubbock, I know that I will have to struggle to stay on my WW program so I declined and will meet them at the Pavillion.) Now, a few months ago, I would have gone and "tried" to stay on program, but I know that I am not quite ready to do that. I also know that I make the decisions about what I eat and how much I exercise. I have learned to disregard that little "voice in my head" that says GO! It hasn't come easy, but it can be done.

5. Do this (lose weight, etc ) for YOU and not for someone else. This one has been a struggle for me as well.

6. Do exercise as often as you can. I try to do it in the AM, but there are times when I can't like when my grandkids spend the night. I barely get to work on time after dropping them off to school. So I do it right after work. I have much more energy when I do it in the AM and I burn more calories during the day.

I am excited about getting to know you both and I hope that I can help you with support and motivation that will help you to reach your goals. Being accountable to someone who understands and is going through the same situation is very helpful.

Let me know what exercise programs you are using and Teacher29, are you on any specific eating program (noticed I didn't say diet)? This is a Lifestyle Change and not a Diet--- diets don't work and when you "think" you are finished--you gain back the weight and more!

Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you both soon!!

PS, If you are on Yahoo Instant Messaging you can click on the Y! under my Avatar and send me an Instant Message.
Linda

Last edited by Turbomimi; 08-24-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:15 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Gigi and Teacher

Welcome! Glad to have you here! Please don't let your newness (or Gigi, computer inexperience) keep you from jumping right in and exploring the forum and getting acquainted. People here are very friendly and I know many will be happy to show you around.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:22 PM   #8  

Default Thanks

Turbomimi,

Thank you for the up-beat message. I had a disaster weekend and I haven't been on the computer. My mother came to town(She lives out of state) She came to babysit for us. Whenever she is around, we seem to eat continually. She likes On the Border!!. I try to avoid it like the plague, but since she came from so far to babysit, I felt I had to take her-Plus before she came she pretty much told me she MUST go there. I used the WW "get out of weighing " coupon. I had gained a pound back. That was Saturday, I'm too scared to look at the scale today.

I' hope you get this message(I'm really sad with this aren't I!) I'm going to turn on the private message thing--Thank you for the help in navigating that.
gigi
Old 08-28-2006, 05:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

Hi, 13lbs, that's great!! Anytime you need extra support, I'll be more than happy too. I always joke with my sister and say I need to lose 50lbs just to get to FAT! You need a sense of humor or you'll go nuts! So welcome and if you need someone to talk to I'm here. Lori.
shoots-alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #10  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Don't worry about the past week. I went to visit my mother in July and gained a couple of pounds. I used the "no weigh in" as well. Then week before last, I had a virus and didn't eat for two day, but made up for it and ended up with a 2 pound gain for that week!! Now, I had a choice to make--do I give up again!! or make this past week better. Since I have vowed to everyone I know that this is the LAST TIME that I join WW, I had to keep going because I really want to lose and I would have to tell everyone that I had given up again!!

I'm glad that I made that decision because I watched every bit, I took and exercised and it really paid off, I had a 5.8 lb loss!!!!

My friend, Dena, who is going with me wanted to quite last week, but I wrote her a long email and she went and lost 1.4 lbs. So it's is so important to have support buddies who can help you through the tough places.

I'll send you a PM with my email address. Take care and just get yourself back on track.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Linda
Old 08-28-2006, 05:57 PM   #11  

Thanks Bird lady,Misti, and Turbomimi-It really does help just to talk. I already feel better.

I hope I can be supportive to you,too.

I'm going to try to get on this site everyday if possible. It seems to really get me focused on my goal-in a good way

Thanks again,
gigi
Old 08-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

hi, I am knew to this, can anyone tell me how to send a new post, question, or message?
shoots-alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:24 AM   #13  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Bird-Lady,

To start a new Thread you must go up to the original thread (click on Buddy Up) at the top of the page. You will see New Thread at the top right hand side of the page. Click on it to start a new thread. The box looks just like a message thread. You type the name of your thread in the top narrow box and then your message in the message box below.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5 7 1/2

Default Joined Today

Hello everyone . after trying and trying a hundred times i have decided to try once again but this time it's going to be with all you wonderfull ppl trying along with me

We all will have some very good days and some horrible days but it's ok for trying is the 1st step to sucess

I put on all this weight after my pregnancy and still carry it even thought it has been 27 months now. I put on a good 70 pounds and thought it would be a piece of cake to get rid of it. Well i was soooooooo wrong.

I have tried some diet pills but as soon as i stop taking them i put on all the weight back. I am scared of diet pills and have decided to just eat sensibly and try to exercise ( I HATE TO EXCERCISE)

Also i am going to make a point to DRINK A LOT OF WATER. I have heard it helps a lot.

I want to reach my goal by 22nd dec . i know it is quite immposible and should set a more realistic goal . I think if i push myself really hard then atleast i might get somewhere inbetween.

TO ALL
Fatdesichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:47 PM   #15  

Default Hi!

Hi Fatdesichick,

I, too gained a lot of weight during pregnancy, about 65-70lbs. I lost about 30 lbs after, but hung on to the rest. I was doing okay until I moved to Texas. I got very depressed and I got on antidepressants for 2 years. This made me explode. I am off the meds and happy now, but I am about 100lbs over my goal weight now. It can be very daunting just thinking about how much I have to lose. I would love to just be 30 lbs overweight again! But there are very nice people on this site and it helps to be accountable to someone.
I'm on weight watchers and I weigh in every Saturday, but I really like being able to communicate about my ups and downs with everyone. I just got started on this site and am very new to navigating the computer, but already i feel very good about being here.
Welcome and good luck! Texas cankles-gigi