Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-20-2006, 08:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 284

Height: 5'7

Unhappy mommabear in need of ....

HA ! where to start ...
well i turned 45 this year looked down at the scales and went OH MY GOD ! ....
i had closed my eyes and life went from me being active and chunky and semi happy to what i am now ... i started my diet around mid may i guess is when i broke down and really got it into my head i needed to try again.. sitting at 284 pounds and bawling like a baby everyday just didnt cut it anymore .
so.. i am now 260 and my weight is in a yoyo pattern for the last few weeks ( my own fault i know ) but still thats where i am.
i guess im hopeing that by talking to folks that are faceing the same trouble with the weight fluctuation maybe it might help me out some .
i even went so far as to order some cd's that are supposed to help you get your brain to thinking on the right track for looseing weight but that didnt last long and i bought 2 dvd's on how to do begining yoga ... ROFLMAO now if i could get into most of the possisions this young little skinny chick was getting into i wouldnt need help other then untangleing my limbs from stiffening up once i had got there ...
anyway it has come to this i have tryed making myself the center of attention with this diet in hopes of the pressure of that being my streingth to keep on it and keep goin but i have a MEGA problem and i can not seem to get past it ... as much as i want this weight loss to happen makeing myself eat more then one or two times a day is just plain hard to do and them shake things are just plain nasty to me . i wake up most mornings feeling like if you put anything but my coffee or water in my face it gonna come back ten times faster then it went in.. and then after that passes i just plain forget to eat unless there are others around that i need to tend for makeing sure others are cared for has always been the easy thing for me to do but tending to myself .. bah you may as well as me to remember every detail of someone elces life ... it just not gonna happen.so any thing you could come up with to get me motivated ?
i am really feeling disapointed in myself for not being able to do this on my own.. i gained it without help i should be able to loose it the same way
teddybear4keeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm glad you made a post just about you! I (and a lot of others) love to help.
Besides ... how you lose weight is all about you.
You'll have to tell us what you like to eat and do for activities but I wanted to chime in with some 40-ish stuff.
I think I was 42 when when I got that nasty scale surprise. It is a little different. I thought I was old and stiff. I hear ya about yoga! But it comes. I can do some of it now. I'm a whole lot more flexible. And I don't eat breakfast first thing either. This is my second cup of black coffee (no cals) and my protein shake is in the blender. I'll have it soon.

Now, tell us more about you.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:45 AM   #3  

my main meals are chicken and frozen vegies or fresh when i can snag some from my moms garden LOL she is the farmer john of the family i am a herb grower and my sis well if it gets a flower to pop open then thats her thing. i do love my bunnyfood tho give me a fresh salad with some fresh made salsa on it and ohhh yeah look out . i do not eat much as for dairy foods ice cream yogurt and cottage cheese are the main 3 i have from time to time but not often as if i eat to much it makes me sick i do not tolerate dairy well.. i have stopped getting the blan breads and have gone to getting the whole grain like 9 or 12 grain breads and have almost completely cut out my ranch dressing ..that was the hardest to do as was cutting back the amount of mayo i use my deep downfalls are my comfort foods when i am battleing depression really hard i reach for the boxed mashed potatos with sour cream and chives in them.. no clue why i love them so much but i make a package of it and have it all . its right about 1 and 1/2 cups is how much it makes but still it is where i find myself and if i dont have it in the house and i go into the tail spin of depression then anything and everything is nibbled or tasted till finely the mood passes or i fall asleep which if you look at my posting time you will see it is now bout 5:40 am and i still havent got to sleep yet tonight .i love cook books and am interested in the one i seen here on the site but i didnt see how to go about getting it . i have made a few things from scratch but nothing to fancy and mostly just for a single portion or two if i want to have extra made up for the next meal so it will be a quick fix.you would be supprised at how many ways you can make boneless skinless chicken breasts and not have then taste the same .
Old 08-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #4  

You've got it just about right.
A lean protein (like chicken breast) and a salad is an almost perfect weightloss meal.
I don't do dairy very well either but don't have much trouble with fat free cottage cheese. A great protein!
Chicken, fish, cottage cheese .... and any vegetable you can get your hands on ... and you're off to a good start.
Do you like walking?
Old 08-20-2006, 09:03 AM   #5  

i waddle i dont walk. i have lower back trouble and it effects my right hip and leg so im more like a slow slug with a duck butt lol slow waddleing and steddy ...
Old 08-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #6  

Waddling!
Any kind of movement is better than none. I believe you can waddle off pounds!
Old 08-20-2006, 09:18 AM   #7  

well i best try and sleep i know it wont be much but i need to try .. yall have a great day and dont forget .
no matter how bad it feels like today picture your children and then ... just remember all the things your gonna get to do to your kids come halloween... <---- was a firm beliver in home made coustumes hehehe
Old 08-20-2006, 09:48 AM   #8  
cheenamom

S/C/G: 249.8/196.2/150

Height: 5ft.4in.

take baby steps it what my ww leader told us and i truly believe it make yourself prioritynumber one......no matter what else is going on arooound you.. believe me i know what its like and i could write volumes of the crap that life throws at us...but you have to go on and believe in yourself!
cheenamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:46 AM   #9  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Definitely go with baby steps - change little things every week or so, and they all add up to make a big difference. I have problems with my lower back sometimes, which means I can't do my regular exercises, so I do waterfit classes. They're great for people with joint and back problems, because they're no-impact - and I definitely stay in a t-shirt and shorts, as do a lot of other people in the classes, so you don't have to worry about a bathing suit. You can do this - good luck!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote