Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/249/150

Height: 5'4"

Post New to 3FC; Need help fighting sweets off!

Hi "Team"! I'd like to think that since we're all here for the same outcome, a team effort is truly what 3FC is all about! I'm 52, soon to be 53. I've been on just about every diet ever written about - and I'm still 100+ pounds overweight. I have an incredible sweet tooth and very little resistance to it. Besides that, I dislike the jiggly part of exercising - and I really jiggle!
I know that it's time to make a change! I know that it's all up to me! It's time to make a commitment! (Got my own copy of 3FC book last night and I'm a third of the way through already!) I am hoping to come here regularly and find friendly faces to share the journey with. This looks like a great site with a wonderful base of personalities. You are all VERY INSPIRATIONAL and deserve KUDOS for your successes may they be large or small! Would love to hear from you!
Dinahmyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! Glad to have you here.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:40 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Dinahmyte, and Congrats on the 5 pounds lost.

Yah it can be hard to get started especially giving up things you love and getting into a regular exercise habit. But once you get going it does become easier in some ways... still takes hard work and commitment but once the sweets are out of your system, and you become used to a lot of fresh fruits and veggies instead, it does help! Hang in there!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Fruit is my weapon against sweets. I do like ice cream and eat it too often but ... since I've been eating plain, good, natural foods ... I've learned that raspberries, strawberries are delicious sweets. Really!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:00 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Fruit is my weapon against sweets. I do like ice cream and eat it too often but ... since I've been eating plain, good, natural foods ... I've learned that raspberries, strawberries are delicious sweets. Really!
Same here... except I gave up ice cream along with other sweets... LOL I do NOT trust myself with ice cream in the house. But yes, since I began eating fresh fruits instead it is amazing how GOOD they (and veggies) taste!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh I can't have it in the house. I just eat until it's gone. Ice cream is one of those things I have to go out for. And some days that's too much trouble ... so I don't have it very often.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote