Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/171/155

Height: 5'7"

Default New Chick in town...

Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for about three weeks, and I guess its time to post an introduction.

My name is Krista and I'm trying again to get to goal. I started on the Sonoma diet three weeks ago, and I'm finding great success with it. I've got about 20 lbs to lose, and I believe, for the first time, really, that I CAN do it. I think that's kind of half the battle -- believing in yourself, and that its possible...

I'm a 38 year old mom of an 8 year old boy and a 4 year old girl, with a wonderfully supportive dh who thinks I'm sexy no matter what my weight is, and a very busy full time career and volunteer life. I've been struggling with my weight my entire life, although I look back on pictures of me when I was in elementary school and thought I was so fat, and I look exactly like every other girl in the picture. My highest weight (not including pregnancy) was 205. I managed to get down to 174 through weight watchers, but it took me forever. I was a very slow loser, but I managed to keep all but 10 pounds off for three years. The ten pounds have crept back slowly and insidiously over the last year and I'm uncomfortable in my own skin now. Time to do something about it! Weight watchers doesn't motivate me anymore, so I thought I'd try something new. I'm loving the Sonoma Diet right now. My hubby and I are eating much more healthily, and so are the kids. I'm planning menus and eating tons of fresh veggies. Life is good! My cravings were almost gone, and I haven't had anything sweet (except fruit) or any salty/fatty snacks in over three weeks and it hasn't been that hard!
Oh, I'm also working out almost every day.
So, yesterday we went to dinner at my parent's place, and I planned to go off plan, if you know what I mean ! The problem is, I'm feeling like I'm at the top of a very slippery slope today. I'm not feeling motivated to go to the gym at lunch. We're have a very sonoma unfriendly pizza for supper. Is this the beginning of the end of my motivation???? HELP!

I guess I need some words of encouragement. Tell me to get back on track!Kick my butt! Please?

Anyway, happy to join you all. I'm not sure which forum I'll land in, but I've been getting great inspiration from the maintainers forum, and some really good recipes from the Sonoma forum...

Looking forward to making some new friends!

Krista
KristaB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome. Don't be a lurker! Join on in!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:16 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Hello & Welcome!!

Congratulations on the weight loss so far! You're doing fantastic. And your hubby sounds like a wonderful man. Great support.

I agree w/SusanB, join us. Feel free to pop in anywhere and join. Everyone will welcome you w/open arms.

Just wanted to give you a congratulations and a warm welcome!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Hi Krista,

I know all about slippery slopes. I have had a few devil on one shoulder and angel on the other moments. Luckily, both times I looked up the nutritional info on the item that I was about to eat and was scared out of eating the whole thing.

Do you journal your food? I am using fitday and I like it alot. It helps while at work to stay on track and by the time I leave for home I know about how many calories I can eat for an afternoon snack and dinner.

I am a working mom as well and I know how hard it is to fit everything in. But my goal is not to try to hide from the camera's at my son's 2nd birthday party (Dec 21).

Have a great dya and stay on track,
Amanda
OBsMama is offline   Reply With Quote