Old 09-29-2004, 08:10 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday Chat 9/29

Ok. So the cleaning spree is over. I'm tempted to take off today as well and get if finished. But oh MAN does this house look a lot better. Now how come company doesn't come while it's clean? DH was a tad ticked cuz he called work and I wasn't there. "I didn't know you were taking off." Well, neither did I until I got up yesterday morning. lol.
Tomorrow the cats get declawed and fixed. WAHOO!!!
Managed to stay OP and only 1 pound away from siggie weight. Gonna be interesting cuz TOM is supposed to show up this weekend. lol.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:27 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone

Brenda, you can do it. Don't let aunt flo ruin your efforts.

Today the sun is supposed to show itself YEAH!!! we had wicked rains yesterday and lots of flooding, but thank God, this time DH's shop did not flood. The waters came to his door and stopped pheeeeeeeew!

We were going to cook on the grill last night but it was impossible b/c the rain was to hard. So I had all prepared the night before some delicious Jersey corn on the cob. I had them in individual foil and a tad of butter. Well since we couldn't use the grill my only other option was to cook them in the oven I've never cooked corn in the oven, first time. Girls, it came out wonderful, we took a bite and looked at each other like OMG! The tilapia fish came out great too.

Okay can you tell I'm hungry this morning LOL!!!!

Whats shakin ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:39 AM   #3  

Good morning

I have decided that "cheating" is not all it is cracked up to be. Yesterday I had some pizza. It was just ok. I was dying for some....had it....and it was just ok. What has happened to me!!!!!! It made me think about all the other times I have had something not OP and it too was just ok when I was done. Is it because we know we are "cheating" or is it that our tastes have changed....
For instance this morning when I was making my lunch....I decided to have a low carb tortilla with some mexican cheese in it. I made salsa last night and had some sour cream in the fridge. Now that is just about as tasty as the stupid pizza if you ask me.
So, my conclusion is...........if you must have it have it but don't be surprised if it isn't all you were looking for.

Brenda: Do you work part-time? Is that why you can take off time when you want to? I wish!!!!!! You gave me the cleaning bug yesterday....I went home and organized our picture drawer...it was getting out of hand. Then moved onto the other cabinet in the spare bedroom that holds video's, frames, whatever other crap I happen to not want to get rid of. Felt good.

Leenie: Isn't this rain the pitts! I got soaked this morning on the way from my car to work....even with an umbrella. They say it is going to be over with around noon time. The corn sounds wonderful!!!! I only had corn 1 time this summer....I can't believe that either because I was so worried about the corn issue this summer being on Atkins.

Well, off to looking busy at work
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 284/260/160

Good Morning Ladies! Well, I am still going strong with OP. I am so proud of myself. This is the only thing I have EVER stuck to. It is just so darn easy! I just get more and more enthused about it everyday. I have so much more energy and I just feel great! My boyfriend and I live together (might as well call us common law) and I wish he would jump onboard. I won't push though. Maybe when he starts to notice how much weight is coming off and the change in my well being he will want to. Ok, gotta get back to work. Just wanted to say Good Morning to everyone. I hope you all have a GREAT day. Stay on track ladies! Its worth it!
grn ize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:45 AM   #5  
on my way down again

Smile

Good morning all.

Brenda, I'm glad you got your cleaning done. I started yesterday. About 6 little piles of junk mail, store receipts and catch-all spots. I have a home office with files too! LOL Oh, and hugs to your kitty cats.

Elaine, I've been wondering who's in NJ with the terrible flooding. I'm glad to hear it only came up to the door and hope it's over now for you. We've gone through floods here many times, and it's no fun. Always happy when it stops at the door. One though, we had mandatory evacuation, the wind was blowing hard with all the rain, came home to see it only came up to the doors, but the wind had blown our roof off, the ceilings caved in all but our bedroom and bathroom. Oh that night, we had an earthqauke and it knocked down all of the furniture we had put up on saw horses and blocks. We laugh at this now.

Jane, you're right. Cheating gets me nowhere too...yet I do it. And pizza is my #1 enemy. I'm back to cheese and salami now which after I eat it, I'm more satisfied. Now if I can hold this thought. LOL

Hi grn iz, Good to hear you like it and it's easy for you to stick to. My husband is on it with me and loves the Atkins Diet. I just had to do all the reading and preparing for a while. Now hubby shops and knows what to get and loves to plan out meals too. We have fun challenges to see who can lose the most. He always wins. LOL I hope your hubby joins you.

Last edited by Barbie101; 09-29-2004 at 10:52 AM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:02 PM   #6  
Somethin's gotta give

Drum roll puh-leeeze!

Last night.....I went to the county fair.....

{{{{{{{{{{{{dream sequence}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
MMMmmmmmm.....county fair.....candy apples....caramel corn.....egg roll on a stick.....baked potato smothered in butter and sour cream.....funnel cake......pina colada......cinnamon roll.......beer.....apple dumpling....ice cream.....tamales.....fudge........

huh? wha? where am I?
I'll tell you where I am....Im STILL OP!

oh yeah! trial by fire.....

HOWEVER.....Im going back tomorrow....

Have a good one ladies!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 284/260/160

Marie! You are so funny! Good job staying OP!
grn ize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:37 PM   #8  
on my way down again

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie.
...county fair.....candy apples....caramel corn.....egg roll on a stick.....baked potato smothered in butter and sour cream.....funnel cake......pina colada......cinnamon roll.......beer.....apple dumpling....ice cream.....tamales.....fudge........

huh? wha? where am I?
I'll tell you where I am....Im STILL OP!

oh yeah! trial by fire.....

HOWEVER.....Im going back tomorrow....

Have a good one ladies!
Wow! If this isn't a test to stay with it, I don't know what is! haha Congrats!
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:02 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Leenie: The corn sounds SOOO good. And glad the water didn't get into DH's shop!

Jane: You know, I've discovered the same thing with cheating. I just can't seem to get myself OVER it though. lol. It's like I've gotta try EVERYTHING to make sure it takes blah. And yes, I work part-time. And the bosses are great. I was hired able to make my own hours. And if the DD's are sick I get to take off---w/out pay though. I like the leniency...I just get annoyed with the boss.

grn_ize: Glad you're having an easy time. Eventually I'm sure your BF will jump on board. That'll make it easier to make meals. OR you could just make LC meals and he won't know it

Barbie: Wish my DH would cook!! But it's easier for me seeing how I'm PT and he's not. Plus he likes eating wraps (LC tortilla shells with lunch meat) and not much else. So his idea of a meal isn't the same. lol

Marie: You are so funny! I love your sense of humor. Congrats on getting through the fair. And good luck having the same success tomorrow! Enjoy the fair

Just found out today that the kittens will probably be staying over night at the vets. I didn't know that. Thought I'd be picking them up later tomorrow. Oh well.
Still OP. Day 2. WOOHOO!! Making some egg salad (not sure what I'm going to put it on though. lol) and also some deviled eggs. They sounded SOOO good.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 07:30 PM   #10  

Hey Ladies!!!! Sorry that I have been MIA for a while...I am just so tired all the time. I sleep in and then go to work...and come home and take a nap. I have been thinking of everyone though and hope everyone is doing good! SOSDD here... The ear infection is finally gone. DH has had strep throat this week, so it's been crazy here. We will be leaving in an hour or so heading out to the beach house until Sunday night! We usually take a long weekend every year about this time just to get away. I am looking so forward to some rest and relaxation. Well, guess I should pack a few things. Sorry I dont' have time for personals, but hopefully next week will be better! Have a great week/weekend everyone!!!! OH....almost forgot...baby is doing great. She is kicking and moving around a lot now....beginning to get used to being pregnant. Now that I'm not sick all the time, it's not too bad!

Hugs
Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote