Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 11:59 PM   #1  
determined to lose it all

Smile accountability (also: hi, i'm new)

hey, everyone.

i'm melanie, the newest newb to join the 3FC message boards

i'm 28, and i have a lot of weight to lose. a lot a lot. i work a funky schedule in the land of the gecko (you know, where 15 minutes could save you 15% on your auto insurance?) - 3:30pm to midnight. i tend to get a little snacky during and after work, and i'm all out of sorts when it comes to deciding when and where to get my exercise in. i'm on weight watchers, so the food itself is fine, and we have a gym at work that's free to employees, but i live 20 minutes or so from work and i just can't see myself walking the treadmill @ midnight. i'm such a stubborn kid. on the other hand, i'm too embarassed to walk into a gym at this weight. i know i need to do *something* though.

i think i'd like a buddy, perhaps an accountability partner of sorts who won't take my excuses (i promise to return the favor) and who will share encouragement. mostly i just wanted to stop in and say hello
Old 07-19-2004, 03:48 AM   #2  

Hi, I'm also new to the board, just joined yesterday, and I also have a lot a lot of weight to lose. I'm pretty young (18) but I have already been to WeightWatchers a few years ago so I have a lot of great ideas and stuff. I'd gladly be your buddy if you'll have me? lol, seriously though, drop me a line if you ever feel like you do need someone to be accountable to, that's why I'm here, I'm "looking for someone to answer to" lol. Maybe I'll hear from you, either way, good luck with your goals!

~Alison~
Old 07-19-2004, 05:09 AM   #3  
Losing it

Hi Melanie,

I'm new around here too and share the same 'lots of weight to lose'. It can be very daunting.

Do your working hours stuff your eating habits around? I find I need to have dinner before 9 or I get too hungry and then uh-oh.

I'm not on WW but something similar. I've just started exercising after losing for 2 months. I feel the same about gyms, but I'm considering it now because I realise people are there for themselves . Do you have a female gym close by? That's what I'm looking at and I think it'll help me overcome the initial nerves.

How much do you have to lose? Setting small goals is working well for me and for the first time in my life i'm excited about losing weight. Doesn't mean it isn't hard though!
Closed Thread