Old 05-12-2004, 05:17 AM   #1  
The Princess O' Pets

Smile Wednesday chatting!! 5/12

Since I have insomnia this am and I am up EARLY, I will start!

Well ladies I am feeling better, sore throat is going away. DH is getting back to his normal self (still being a martyr though but that is fairly normal! LOL) he apologized for acting like sucha dork the other day. Went to Torrid at the mall with my mom yesterday and exchanged my belt I bought there a couple months ago, it was waaaay to big. *that was a good thing though** I tried on lotsa clothes there and was gonna buy something but I am in between sizes 20's were waaay to big but the 18's were a little to snug so decided to wait it out and come back to shop when I am a real size!! LOL

anywho hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 05-12-2004 at 05:36 AM.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:33 AM   #2  

Good morning TG: You are up early! Glad you are feeling better today and that your dh admitted he was a dork

Paula: Don't know if we will see you today or not but read the post from you yesterday and wanted to check in with you. Welcome back. So sorry to hear about your friends. I have a hard time understanding why these things happen sometimes but I guess they just do. I'm glad the the meds are keeping things in check for you. Don't worry about things right now....just take care of yourself.

Well, I am down the bloat from this weekend so maybe by the end of the week I will be back down to 155 which will put me with a loss for this week.... I will be good this weekend too so hopefully next week I will see a loss too. One can only hope.
Two pairs of pants I tried on this morning are baggy. I am so tired of taking them in! Went shopping last night and I can now officially go straight to the 12's and try stuff on and have it fit. That is such a good feeling. Even though I may not have lost what I wanted to at this time I have to admit I feel better and look better than I did last summer and that counts for something.

Off to start work. Busy day......will check in later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:35 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

TG: Bet it felt good to take the belt back and try clothes on that actually were too big. My one time of trying clothes on EVERYTHING my "size" (the size I actually have clothes of that fit) were too small Disgusting and heartbreaking!!!

Well, I manage to stay OP for 2 days and do you think the scale appreciates it? Nope. Stubborn thing. I almost had a hissy fit this morning cuz it was UP a pound again. Then noticed I had the scale in "the" spot. You know the one. It's "the" spot that makes all scales go heavier than they're actually supposed to? So I put it in "THE" spot and it was to my usual weight lately. I've got a GS meeting today so not sure if I'll get exercise in. But dang it I so wanted to make that end of May challenge. I'm still plugging away but at this rate I'm not gonna make it.
Hope you all have a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:36 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Jane, we must have posted at the same time. lol. Congrats on getting into size 12's!!! I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter the size of my pants or what the scale says because I FEEL better about myself. That's what's keeping me going!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:34 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:46 AM   #6  

Good Morning Ladies!

TG - Glad to hear hubby done being an ! Men just have away of doing tht sometimes. I've gotten really good at tuning them out. No more sore throat gone ig a good thing also. Exchanging a belt is he best reason to buy more stuff, congrats.

Jane - Hang in there, it'll happen. Have a good day at work, doesn't it just suck that we gotta pay to pay the bills so they don't take our stuff away? No sense of humor. We should get it just because we're cute

Brenda _ I know the feeling with the scale, and being so good to. Sometimes wonder why we do it, then the scale drops and we're reminded.

Lennie -

Well let's see....... Not much going on at work today so maybe I'll go attend a seminar at the Community Center on Living Wills, yeah, exciting I know , but maybe I can figure out a way to get involved with them to promote some of the things I do to make extra income. Guess I'm back to that "stuff" thing again. Was really good yesterday, hopefully will be good again today. I think bringing something to eat that's safe helps. Down 1 lb this morning. Have a great day!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:54 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Yeah Morti!!! Congrats on the pound!!! Have fun at your seminar.

Hi Leenie!!!!

Sped: It was great to hear from you!! I am so sorry baout your friends but glad all of your friends and you made it through the funeral toegther. Hope you start feeling better soon!! Betcha that houndie pup is working overtime trying to make you feel better!! I miss my greyhound snuggles for when I don't feel so good!!

Brenda: Throw that scale out!! ahahahahaha LOL

Jane YOU GO GIRL!!! Yippeeee size 12's!
Old 05-12-2004, 11:08 AM   #8  

Good Morning Chicks!

I need a kick in the butt today! Every day this week I've set my alarm for 5am to get up to go to the gym, and every morning I don't go. I've been waking up with this massive headache and Advil just isn't doing the trick. I'm so frustrated though because in the last few weeks I've been really consistent with my exercise. I'm going to the doctor today to see if it could be allergies. Any of you Portland chicks having bad allergies this year? Grrr... Like I need another hurdle to get in my way. It also makes me feel sluggish to be so inactive, which just dampens my mood altogether. Another Grrr.

On the up side, I finally got rid of my excess poundage from drinking this weekend. Odd that it would take until Wednesday to see the scale drop again, but thank goodness it wasn't permanent!

Hope you all have a good day!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 12:29 PM   #9  
Somethin's gotta give

Hey all! today will be a good day!

TG- Have you seen that commercial where the lady is in the garage pounding away at the work bench and then you find out she putting another hole in ther belt! You did her one better!

Jane-It is a nice feeling to know a size that is readily available will fit you...until that tic starts...you know...the one that makes your head keep snapping over to the 10's!

Benda- Just keep remembering how far you've come...you look great!
Leenie-
(Dont know exactly what that means...but I like it )

Morti- another pound down...congrats!

Love- lol! welcome to my world! everyday I set it for 5....then get up and reset it for 6 and go back to sleep!

Bleh....this week has been a hard one....I've got cheer squad try-outs this friday ( not for me....katie bar the door!) but for girls at my school...and I coach them so my days have been really long with practices....imagine being surrounded by 30 screaming, squealing. peppy 13 year old girls! Its enough to drive anyone to the twinkies!
Wedding plans are going ok- Hired a classical guitarist last night and got our officiate ( a woman!) going to get shoes today and have them dyed, still looking for suede pants for the DH to be ( Renaissance wedding) anybody got any idea where I can get those?Found the cake I want and going to the Ren faire this weekend to pick up the flower circlets....I knew I shoulda just gone through the wedding drive thru in Vegas!

Last edited by marie.; 05-12-2004 at 12:32 PM.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 12:40 PM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Marie,

Check ebay for the suede pants alot of the ren faire people sell their clothes items there, I have a ren faire freind who does that. I had a woman officiant too she was great!

I saw that commercial and I was cracking up!! hahahaha Have fun at the cheer tryouts sounds crazy and giggly!! LOL
Old 05-12-2004, 12:47 PM   #11  

Marie,

When is your wedding? How fun, but I'm with ya on the drive-through Vegas thing. I think if I ever got married again, it would definitely be that route. So much stress for a few hours of fun. Sounds like it will be a fun party though!

Good luck!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 01:30 PM   #12  

Marie: Oh how exciting! A wedding for us to plan. I also had a woman officiant and she was fabulous. When my dh and I went to meet her she was asking us to look through papers to decide what we wanted said and we kept looking through them going "nope, nope, not this one, nope....." She said to us, "I have to say something you know" We just didn't want the religeous, traditional kind of thing. We ended up taking home the papers and I took pieces from each and made our own. I loved it. We got married at a local Inn and it was just perfect! I can't believe it will be 2 years this September.

Brenda: Playing with the scale! What you are supposed to do is step on it holding onto the side of the vanity one foot at a time and not put the other foot down if it goes over your expected weight!

Morti: Congrats on the pound!

Love: One kick in the butt coming at you! I don't live on the west coast but I have HORRIBLE allergies so I know how you feel. A headache is a daily occurance. I take Zyrtec. It helps but I still have problems. My doctor wants me to go get tested but I said "what for, to find out I'm allergic to MORE?"

Just got back from lunch....yum tuna! I already ate my cheese snacks this morning so this afternoon I will eat my strawberries. I can't believe how good they taste! It has been so long...........
Old 05-12-2004, 01:38 PM   #13  
Total Sass Bucket

Hi all

I don't have a whole bunch of time at the moment but wanted to check in and say hiya. the prairie dog got loose and is now BEHIND my cabinets... apparently there is a hole that let him get back there. He comes out every once in a while, but sheesh... he's a quick little bugger.

Paula: It's so good to hear from you. My condolences on your friend and I will definitely be thinking of you in the days and weeks to come. Take care of yourself!

Everyone else
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 03:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hi all,

Got some kind of virus on my computer, so I'm crossing my fingers that it stays on for more than ten minutes!

Shimma - Good luck with the Prairie Dog!

Jane - Baggy jeans - I would expect that taking them in is at least better than letting them out!

Theo - I was up so early today, too. My hours are so messed lately. The other day I came home at 5, fell asleep until 10pm, then was up until 3am, then slept until 6am...my body is so confused right now. Remind me never to do a master's degree again.

Brenda - When in doubt, the scale's always wrong!

Hey Leenie!

Morti - congrats on the lb gone!

Love - oh...5am to go to the gym? I like mornings, but perhaps not *quite* that early.

Marie - I've never been married myself, but I sort of see myself as one of those people that would just go off and elope (but I'm not imagining Vegas) and come back home and throw a party.

So, I have this friend that I've emailed a few times since the new year, but I haven't heard back from her. I knew that she was engaged, but now, through the rumour mill, I've heard that she is getting married later in the year and her and her husband-to-be will be moving overseas for work. Now, I'm still kind of waiting for her to tell me these things herself. Then I just got an email the other day from her sister inviting me to her bachelorette party (I'm assuming that the sister got my email from a mutual friend of mine and my friend getting married), so I'm just wondering, does my friend know that I'm invited to her bachelorette party? Am I going to be invited to the wedding? 'Cause that would be weird if I wasn't. Why hasn't my friend told me of any of these two major events that are coming up in her life? It's all very strange that I haven't heard from her. I realize that she's likely very busy, but to not respond to several emails is odd. Although, I admit, I could call her (that is if she's still living with her parents), but being the techno-geeks that we all were in uni, email has often been our primary form of communication, if not in person.

Not too mention another good friend from uni who is also a complete mystery. She got married 1.5 years ago (sort of elopement...I mean their families knew, but none of her friends did...that was also odd) and since then she's been extra hard to get in touch with. I don't even know *where* she is at the moment, as she also hasn't replied to any of my emails in the past who-knows-how-many months.

Do you ever get in one of those moods where you find a song you really like and then you listen to it over and over and over again on repeat? This is me right now, I'm listening to 'Vienna' by Russell Watson. I guess he's kind of classical or something. I wonder how many times it will take before I get tired of the song.
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 03:44 PM   #15  

Lekker: Oh boy do I know what you are talking about! A little different senario but I had this best friend since junior high. She got married and we were still friends.....she had a child and we were still friends....she had another and we saw a little less of each other....she had another and we saw even less of each other....she had a 4th and we never saw each other. She was awful about calling. I was the one that always called her. Eventually I gave up. I would leave messages and she would never return my call. She doesn't have email by the way.......When I was getting married she had no idea. It was so sad. She had moved and I had no way to get in touch with her (she never gave me her new address) so I tracked her down via her family (who also never called me back-they must have relayed my message) She called me and said that she was coming to the wedding. I said "could you return your response card?"
Her and her husband came, ate and left. She said that we should get together soon but I knew that that would never happen. That was almost 2 years ago and haven't heard from her since.

Very sad.

I had another friend that I was very close to.......she happens to be my best friend now......she got married and moved far away (still in same state) We hardly ever see each other. Her husband wasn't fond of her going out with the girls and that used to really bug me. He actually put a wedge between us.....she let him though. Well, eventually we stopped speaking. It was almost 2 years later that I ran into her mother. She told me that my friend was expecting (this was wonderful news since she was having infertility problems for years) I felt sad that I had not been a part of her life during this. Her mother told her she ran into me and my friend called me. It was a little strange at first to just start talking again but the one thing that saved us was EMAIL. We could talk freely via email where as on the phone we might hold back. We talked everything through and are now closer than ever. She has made it a point to stay in touch even though she is married and has a child.

I have learned from these two experiences to never expect too much from your friends. Just take them as they are or move on.