Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 10:47 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Hi!!

Hi everybody!!! I am 21, 5'3", 147lbs. I have been about 100 lbs all my life, and very athletic. About 2 years ago, I became very ill and was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus, a chronic, incurable disease where your immune system attacks itself. I have been through kidney failure, grand mal seizures, chemotherapy....anyway, some of the medications made me gain weight,and I am trying to get a handle on it before it gets way out of control.
I have lived with my boyfriend for about a year and a half, and we have been together for about 3 years. I am hoping he will pop the question sometime this year. Life is too short. We know we are going to get married eventually, but he wants us to be a little more financially secure. Mr. Responsible We have a dog, 2 cats, and a bunch of fish. I love animals, and was a veterinary technician until I got sick. Well, thats my introduction. Hi!!!!!!!!!

PS- Allie is not my real name, my real name is VERY unusual (i have never even heard of anyone with it) until I am a little more comfortable, I will go by Allie.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:48 PM   #2  

Wink Oh yeah-

I forgot- My boyfriend(who I live with) is a chef. And, he LOVES to eat. Does he have a weight problem?? Of coarse not!!!!! We always have fantastic food at our apartment, and he wants me to enjoy food with him ( and I am always happy to oblige) He says I am and always will be, beautiful, and he hates when I diet. He has seen me have such scary health problems that our priorities have really changed.And I love food, so............And, while I was on chemotherapy, I lost too MUCH weight,so.......................But now I am on steroids for my lupus and quickly going in the other direction. I know, I know, my weight really should not be a concern right now, but I can't help it. I was a gymnast my whole life,very petite and fit,until I got sick. I can't help but feel like a cow if I get over about 125 or beyond a size 5 or 6. OK- I just had to vent
Closed Thread