Old 01-18-2021, 03:06 PM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias — #3

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining, a breeze is blowing, and it's 25 degrees according to the weather guesser this noon. I made a WM stop this morning and they finally had my canned orphan food in. I admit it, the orphans are spoiled. Our library is only open for pick up at the door so I looked through the paperback books but didn't find anything that looked interesting. Walgreens is the only other place that carries paperback books and they haven't had anything new for weeks. I may have to go to Amazon yet. I used to trade books at the hospital but since COVID there are no magazines nor books there either. I do have my own unread magazines I could start reading, I am good at stock piling them! I have laundry in the washer and dryer but also need to dust.

Ceejay, you must feel good to have so much stuff gone! I am determined to get rid of something if I buy anything new, no matter what it is. I need to make a box for Beth and Jason; I still have some of their toys and school art projects and it’s time to pass them on. It sounds like you got the tail wind from our 50+ mph blizzard winds.

Not much else is newsy from my corner of the world. We are one day closer to spring!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Jean
Yes, pass it own. I told sis that no one wanted what mom had when she passed so no one will want what I have either so it went out the door. It felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I'm taking her desk (very nice) that she has in Branson that her hubby gave her and a fridge that she doesn't need and it's almost brand new. She's getting new appliances.

I had made a trip to Republic, a small town down the road, to the DMV to get temporary tags for the 2011 so I could move it this week end. But it was closed due to MLK day. :sigh: I did go to the super WM there to get a few things that I couldn't get at the neighborhood market.
Finally told my bff whose been sending me articles about COVID and President 45 that I would not be reading them anymore. I'm just done with any thing negative. I will be watching the inauguration on the 20th. just because it's history.
I' m not sure what is going on with nephew or if he's back yet. His mom refused to buy his airfare. The least I know the better.
Need to put the laundry into the dryer and add another load.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:23 AM   #3  

Good morning ladies. I hope your day started well. I feel like I’m a test subject for wrong health. The day after I got back from doctor, which was a week ago, I started developing a sty or at least we think so. Anyway, I bought this moist heat eye patch, these sty drops, and these cleansing pads called eye scrub. So I’ve been doing this three times a day. It seems to be working, but we’ll see. Unless it gets worse, I’ll not go to one of those minute clinics mainly because they do covid tests and I don’t want to be around someone with possibly covid.

I just had a funny phone call. My doctor called me again to discuss my results. It was pretty funny actually. I told him he’d already called me last week.

Jack now has his hand surgery appt for next Thursday, but has to get a covid test next Monday. Poor man is having a tough time closing his hand or bending his finger.

Jean: We get tons of catalogues. Every time I buy something they start sending me their catalogues. Between that and the rest of the garbage mail, it’s about all we get anymore. I got an utility bill and I’m enrolled in paperless so don’t know what’s with that. I have to say I’ll be glad when spring gets here. It’s been colder than normal I think.

CeeJay: I’m sure you’re thrilled to have all the stuff gone. I can’t say I blame your sister saying she won’t fly him home since he seems to yoyo back and forth. I’m sure it was fun playing with the nieces and nephew’s babies.

Everyone have a good week.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:51 AM   #4  

Good Morning! It's another cloudy morning, breezy, and spitting snowflakes. The weather guesser said "a dusting;" we've been dusted enough! I have some mushy bananas so am sneaking up on making a banana bread.

Ceejay, I agree about the articles on COVID and politics. I scroll right on by them on FB and delete group ones on messenger. Somehow I got added to a group who must have nothing better to do than to search websites for gossip. I figure whatever happens, it is what it is.

”Gma,” it seems like there is nothing on tv except prescription ads these days! I miss the beer commercials! I hope your eye is back to normal soon! Good luck to Jack! I think anyone having any kind of medical procedure has to have a covid test first. One gal we know had her’s “lost” and had another test right before her surgery. We all wondered how they could lose a test, scary that one could get someone else’s results. Our temperatures have been above normal for us. Must be Trump’s fault. . . . .”meow.”

Not much going on today; I am home for the day and need to clean, I am off to make banana bread! Hope you enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
Old 01-19-2021, 12:08 PM   #5  

I had to laugh at Jean in that it must be Trump's fault. I finally told bff last night that I'm not going to convert to her way of thinking. She's worked herself up into a tizzy as if the world was coming to end because Trump is leaving office. She'd calmed down so hopefully she will be better today.
Going back to the DMV this afternoon.

gma
Hope the med is clearing up the sty. Don't blame you for not going to the minute clinics. Did I miss the diagnosis on Jack's hand?

Jean
Old 01-20-2021, 10:22 PM   #6  

Checking in though it's getting late.
If I could stay off the computer I could get some things done!
Went to Ash Grove to pick up the mail and brought a few more of my things home that I was beginning to need.
Trying not to eat between 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. I've only messed up a couple of days. Supposed to have weighed in this morning but forgot. Will do that in the morning.

Have a good day girls.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:23 AM   #7  

Good Morning! The sun is shining, no wind for a nice change, and it is supposed to be "warmer" than normal again today. The sun is melting snow along the curb but more snow is on the way, tomorrow I think. I have laundry ready to go but first need to clean out the detergent/softener drawer since I ran the cleaning cycle yesterday. I need to vacuum today and work on a pile of recipes I have cut out of magazines and newspapers. I don't know why I do that since I don't like to cook. Our local paper features a local, or close around the area, person of interest along with a couple of their favorite recipes. I have also saved recipes from FB and can never find the one I want when I want it. Guess I should print them off.

Ceejay, I, for one, am glad the inauguration hoopla is over. All the channels ran the same bits and pieces most of the day and evening. Wish I could find the video on FB, of Obama saying how much we needed to build a wall. I see Biden already scratched that. I think one of the weight loss tips was to eat small every four hours. I know I was working at the time so never tried it. That was a long time ago and there is probably a new theory now. I know I don’t like to eat a meal late in the evening. When we lived in Ohio it was not unusual for the locals going out to set 9:00. We were used to 5:30 or 6.

Not much is newsy from here today; this has been a fast week. Have a terrific Thursday and enjoy!
Old 01-21-2021, 07:38 PM   #8  

Nephew A is stuck in Florida with out money to come home. He called his mom and she's not giving him airfare but told him she would pay for bus fare if the ticket was decent. He wasn't to happy. He's got to learn. He's still has to find a place to live.-----Not with me and not with mom. They are fixing to demolish the inside of her condo. And she has to be out by Feb 1.
I woke up this morning with a sinus problem but it seems I get it this time of year any way. Don't think it's covid. I've been wearing my mask. Could be allergies too. I've been moving things around and making things easier for me.
I weighed in this morning to show a loss of 1.5 pounds. I'll take it.

More later.

Old 01-22-2021, 03:34 PM   #9  

Not much going on today. I'm about to get things organized again. I have another small box to go to GW.
Sis has called a couple of times about about moving things. She's off today doing errands and organizing her move for next Friday. I should be getting my desk and fridge next Friday. and maybe my couch.
I ordered a couple of jeggings and they came in the mail today. Yeah.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:40 PM   #10  

Good evening. Our daytime temps are pretty good, but once the sun goes down it gets pretty cool in the house. Jack got Cracker Barrel for dinner so we had easy dinner. We’re eating and watching, “Last Man Standing.”

I ordered, Jack, my bff, and myself t shirts that I’m going to do iron ons for the cruise. I’m waiting until after cruising starts to do them though. They’ll have on name on in front and the back will have cruise ship, date, etc on it. The shirts are all a Caribbean blue.

My eye is almost completely healed. There’s just a little bump left.

CeeJay: Jack has trigger finger and it’s gotten bad and painful so his surgeon is going to cut open his palm and cut the sheath that has the flexer tendon in it. The can get inflamed and swell and then prevents the finger from being able to flex. A cortisone shot relieves the inflammation, but after two shots, it won’t work anymore so surgery is the only option. Surgery takes about 20 minutes, but he’ll be off work 2 weeks. I can’t blame your sister about another airplane ticket. Your nephew has been yoyoing a lot. So, what are you going to do with your yard at the house when spring and summer gets here?

Jean: My temp at the doctor’s was 95 which is weird. I know what you mean. Jack and I giggle over them thinking about his grandmother. She was a hypochondriac and she’d probably have every disease that comes up on tv. Some of them are in so bad taste. Then the moron insurance commercials. How’s baby doing? Has Ernie warmed to it?

I better get the load of clothes folded. Have a good weekend.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:33 PM   #11  

Good Morning! It's a gloomy morning in my neighborhood and started snowing while we were having breakfast. I decided to wear my boots to church just in case it was going to continue. It has stopped now but there was enough snow to brush off the car windows before coming home. We had a nice $11,000+ deposit so it was worth the trip. I checked the calendar and the 8th is not a Sunday so it will be interesting to see if we go back to church the Sunday before or after.
Our next round of vaccine shots are to be here February 1st so maybe we will get ours then. I saw a report on tv that there is a new strain of the virus which is supposed to be more dangerous, and cause even more deaths than the current one. That is scary!

Ceejay, I hope your nephew gets home safely regardless of how he has to travel. I’m sure his mom is tired of paying his expenses. Congrats on the weight loss! Does your sister have to move everything out of her condo? That would be a big job! What all is she changing there?

”Gma,” your cruise t-shirts will be fun! Are any of their ships sailing yet? Ernie is still ignoring Baby for the most part. She tries to sneak beside him when he is sleeping in the recliner; she prefers to drape herself on top of him and he lasts about 30 seconds then hops down. Baby’s mom, grandma, and siblings all would sleep in a pile. I’ve seen cats snuggle close to each other but never in a pile. Sometimes we couldn’t tell which part of which cat was connected to what we could see.

Not much else is newsy from me today. Hope you enjoy a super Saturday!
Old 01-23-2021, 08:38 PM   #12  

Jean
Yes, sis is having to move out everything. She's doing a complete redo. And bringing a lot of small stuff here for storage. We went appliance shopping this morning.
Was wondering why you went to the church building on a Saturday. Then I thought am I losing it and today is Sunday
--------------------------------
Afterwards she had a hair appointment and when she came back we went to Qdoba's to eat. It's a Mexican restaurant. And was yummy.
Tomorrow I'm taking the 2011 Rav4 out to Ash Grove to park it in the garage there to give sis a place to park in the garage when she is staying here the 6 to 10 weeks of her condo reno. Finally got it tagged and insured again. She'll be driving to and from here to Branson for work each day.
I'm tired.

Old 01-25-2021, 04:44 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon! The wind is blowing 20+ mph, it's 21 degrees but feels like 5; not a nice day to stand around outside! The wind is from the east so blowing snow from the lake between the houses to the street and that is unusual. We got up to fog and frost on everything, the trees were so pretty. I did my good deed this morning and went to WM with a list of office supplies for Bob's office. He offered to go so the "girls" wouldn't have to, then asked if I was planning to go. I've done some laundry and now have Baby cat taking her nap on my lap. The house feels cold on days like this so guess I will turn the furnace up and make some hot tea!

Ceejay, we have been counting church money on Saturday since we aren’t having services in the church. Otherwise we count on Monday morning at 7:30 because my partner goes to work when her counting part is finished. She retired from her first job and now works in an abstract office part time. I hope the condo redo goes well and on schedule. I like the Mexican menus that explain what is in the dish, I’m not a very spicy fan so appreciate that. Bob always likes pictures.

I keep telling myself spring is on th way. Hope you are having a marvelous Monday!
Old 01-25-2021, 09:02 PM   #14  

Jean
My house is cold when the wind blows too. Makes me chilled to the bone. So far this winter we haven't had any really low temperatures.

-------
I haven't been in to good of a mood since yesterday's drama but so be it it is what it is. Told sis I was through. Nephew came back yesterday but sis and he are toxic for each other. I may be imagining things but if sis brings him here to this house I'm going out to Ash Grove. I will not stay around him.
I did get to take the other vehicle out to Ash Grove yesterday so that's done.
I took my Rx's to the pharmacy this afternoon but they will not be ready until tomorrow. I asked about getting the COVID vaccine but they haven't gotten any yet but were taking names so I'm on the list.
I didn't sleep well last night. My sinuses are acting up and we had a thunderstorm roll though that dumped around 1 to 2 inches of rain. There were puddles in the back yard.
This is about it for me.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:38 PM   #15  

Still not much going on
I've been to the pharmacy to get rx's and done one load of laundry. That's it. Think I'm going to like my new pharmacy. It's here in Battlefield.
Another restless night due to the sinus drainage.
Hope you to ladies are doing okay.