Old 01-27-2021, 07:38 AM   #16  

Good morning! Weather channel says light snow today, but it’s going to be well above freezing all day so doubtful. Jack left for work then came back in a couple minutes later. He said he thinks the ignition switch is bad on the Mariner so guess
it will have to go in the shop. It’s going to have to wait until he goes back to work though.

We’re waiting to hear results of Jack’s covid test as his hand surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. I wanted to take him and then come back, but they’re forcing me to stay so I haven’t decided on staying in the car the whole time or sitting in the surgical center. He has to be there at 12:30 and surgery is scheduled for 2 so I am going to take a sandwich just in case.

I started a load of clothes just a bit ago, got a container of mashed potatoes out of the freezer and we’re going to have Stouffers meat loaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli and I’m having a salad tonight for dinner.

CeeJay: I had to call the medication nurse at my doctor’s as a couple of my prescriptions didn’t go through. We have express scripts so the majority of our stuff comes through the mail, but I have one med he is trying me on that is going through Walgreens and very convenient as the Walgreens is across the street. Our state hasn’t gotten another round yet so we are waiting as well. I hope your sister likes her renovation when it’s done.

Jean: None of the ships no matter the “brand” are sailing if it is home ported in the US. The CDC keeps putting up more and more roadblocks. They aren’t scheduled to sail until May 1 now and even then have to do some practice cruises with volunteers at about 20% capacity or so. It’s a mess. I am very ready for spring. I have a FB friend who has a little black dog about the size of a yorkie and they got a chihuahua puppy. The black dog has been standoffish and the puppy wants to be friends. It’s funny to watch some of the videos of them together.

Well sounds like washer is done. Have a good day.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:17 PM   #17  

Good Morning! The sun is shining, NO wind blowing so far, and a chilly 10 degrees. Looking at the date, January is marching right along. I made a quick trip to the grocery store I don't very often shop at because they are the only place to carry coffee creamer in the individual liquid containers. They have changed things around and started carrying brands I've never heard of. One thing on my list was toaster blueberry waffles that Bob likes for a quick breakfast. All they had was Mickey Mouse wheat waffles. I wonder how many kids like those. The checker is someone I know and when she asked if I found everything I told her no and listed several items plus that I don't buy brands I've never heard of. All the stores seem to be pushing their own brands more or a new "off" brand. Wish we didn't have to eat! The church organist just called in a tizzy because there is a funeral tomorrow and a couple of the organ keys aren't working right. Bob has fixed it before but not since a major exam by the company a couple years ago. I hope he can fix it for her. It would be nice if she had a cell phone and could text/call him herself.

Ceejay, hope you are in a happier mood today. Whatever the drama was, it too will pass. Do you take your empty prescription bottles to the pharmacy for a refill? Mine aren’t due yet but need to get the paperwork done for changing places. I hate restless nights! I feel like I toss ‘n turn all night then check what time it is, as if that makes any difference. I’ve taken Melatonin the last few nights and have slept pretty well. I usually have had trouble going back to sleep if I have to get up, and that seems to help.

”Gma,” wishing Jack good luck with his surgery tomorrow. Hope all goes well, and for you waiting also. There was an article in our local paper that a local business somehow “butted” in and got the vaccine shots for family ahead of some first tier people so they ran short. The city head honchos are really mad. I think they should have published the name of the business! I’m too! Even though we qualify for the second round I don’t anticipate it will be any time soon. I don’t understand how they decide in which order the states receive their vaccine. I’m concerned about the new virus strain being found in Minnesota, too close for comfort!

I have a couple loads of laundry to do and then need to decide something easy for lunch. Hope you have a nice day and enjoy!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Jean
Yes, I took the empty rx bottles this time to the pharmacy. This pharmacy is new to me and I wanted to make sure that things were right. I am in a better mood. Hadn't felt very good either due to the sinus infection but that is clearing up.

gma
Sending Jack good vibes for his surgery.

-------
We got a bit of snow around 1-2 inches. But it soon melted off the roads and highways, so I drove out to Ash Grove to pick up the mail and a box was also delivered yesterday so I brought that into the house. things looked good there. It was a beautiful drive with the snow still on the trees etc. Felt sorry for the cows and horses as they looked cold.
I've gained back my 2 pounds so I'm back at it again. I'm having a hard time this time getting back into not eating late night. I felt so much better when I did that.
There were sirens yesterday morning going down my street. Sounded like one of the fire trucks skidded around the corner. There was a house fire at the end of the street.. The house was heavily damaged. When I got back from Ash Grove yesterday there was a Sherriff's investigations truck on the scene. and firemen still had their hoses putting out hot spots.
I'm getting ready to accept some furniture tomorrow and I'm getting excited.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:34 PM   #19  

Happy Friday! It's been another gloomy cold day in my neighborhood. I went for a nail job first thing this morning, picked up Ernie food at the vet's, did a load of laundry, dusted and vacuumed. The weather guesser just said we will wake up to a wintry mix in the morning. Bob was going to work on the organ while we counted church money in the morning. Maybe we will be staying home and watching the weather go by. Snow I can handle, ice not so much. We will be back in church next week; I think it will be hard to get back in the habit of going every week. I've really enjoyed the online services but Bob misses singing. We won't be singing for awhile either way. I see that the U.S. has three new virus strains from different countries. That is just not what I wanted to hear.

Ceejay, I always comment that the cows and horses look cold in the snow. Bob says they are used to the changing weather and/or they have a barn or some sort of shelter they can get in. He claims horses are smart enough to put their butt end facing the wind. What kind of furniture did you get? That is exciting!

”Gma,” hope Jack had a good day with his finger. You too!

Hope you have a nice evening and enjoyed a nice weather day!

Old 01-30-2021, 11:48 AM   #20  

My desk and fridge arrived yesterday morning. I'm really liking the desk and sis is happy that I took it. They had no problems getting things in the house so that was a plus. Two men in a truck, company name, did a good job.
It is raining this morning and supposed to rain all day so my couch will have to wait till tomorrow. My nephew C will bring it from Ash Grove to here.
Slept really well last night as opposed to night before last with bad dreams.
Sis spent the night with me last night. She's officially out of the condo and they will start the reno on Wednesday. She will be spending the nights with me except on the week end when she will go to Ash Grove. Battlefield is closer to Branson.
Their were bodies found in the house fire down the street. They were more than likely sent to have autopsies done to find out the cause of death.
Need to clean the guest bathroom.

gma
Hope that Jack's surgery went well and things are beginning to heal.

Jean
I'm getting more organized and getting a cleaning schedule set up so I don't have to clean house all in one day.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:07 AM   #21  

Good morning, ladies. 30 ° and about an inch of snow this morning. We had a dusting Thursday.

The virus numbers are still going up here. A lot of people refuse to wear a mask or follow the rules. Virginia is at the bottom of the rankings for vaccine distribution. I hope to get it soon but who knows. My friend and her husband had Covid. He died Friday night.

Grandma, I hope Jack is recovering.

Jean, you are lucky Bob can do so many things. I use a lot of store brands and they are just as good as name brands.

Ceejay, I hope you can enjoy your sister staying with you.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 10:39 AM   #22  

Good Morning! It is very very foggy here this morning but no wind and 18 degrees. Everything is covered with frost and so pretty. It doesn't feel that cold although we are heading down to 0 this weekend. I took Baby to the vet this morning. I think, and so did the vet, that she has a UTI. When I called yesterday the person who answered the phone (never the same person ) said they were booked solid yesterday and today so wasn't sure they could work her in. She wanted me to pick up special litter and shut her in the bathroom until she peed in the litter. Evidently said person has never shut a cat in where they didn't want to be! I said no, I would drop her off there. Anyhow, no one was in the waiting room, no cars in the lot, and I got to talk to the new vet who said Baby most likely could come home after lunch. So much for being too busy. I dropped a check off at the hospital on my way home and now need to clear the clutter off the kitchen island. Have some laundry to do and could vacuum, both Baby and Ernie head for the basement when they see the vacuum, I don't even have to turn it on.

Ceejay, glad your desk and fridge have arrived and are in place. I know you will enjoy them. Two Men and a Truck must be nationwide because they have been around our area also. Clever name! What kind of a cleaning schedule did you come up with? I’ve thought about doing the same again but it seems like something always happens to get in my way.

I need to get a move on and accomplish something this morning! Hope you enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
Old 02-02-2021, 08:59 PM   #23  

Jean
Haven't come up with a schedule yet but will. I've been helping sis to finish clearing out the condo. She went by after work to get the bit's and pieces we couldn't yesterday. I'm sore today. I'm really liking the new desk and fridge. Still haven't gotten rid of the other one and sis and I laugh that we each have our own fridge. Nephew C finally brought the couch so I feel as though I have new furniture. Good for you in taking care of Baby. That's one of the reasons I don't have animal I really don't know how to care for them. But I do love them.

-------------
I was unloading my vehicle this morning of sis's stuff and the toe of my shoe caught the thresh hold and down I went. Went down on my knee, then sat on my leg. Don't think I broke anything. I'm walking okay. I may have a bruise in the morning but maybe not.
I made a meat loaf for tonight's supper but sis said she would be to tired to eat. I'm not sure what time she will be getting home. So far so good living together. Sis has had a hard day and putting up with x daughter in law was not very pleasant.
I got to spend time with Olive and Winston on Saturday. Olive is almost 2 and Winston is almost 8 weeks.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:06 AM   #24  

Good Morning! It's another day in paradise here in my neighborhood. We have 3+" of new snow and 30 mph winds blowing it around. It's not a nice day to be outside! The snow has stopped, moving on eastward, so that's the good part. I have laundry in the washer and dryer for my effort so far this morning. I think I will vacuum upstairs, maybe even dust. I know I won't be going anywhere today. Our library is still closed but offered discarded books for a dollar a bag. I asked for Amish and mystery books but evidently the Amish books were gone so got two bags of mystery books. Some didn't look nor sound appealing when I did a quick sort through but I probably have seven or eight that looked good. My problem is, if I have a good book it's so easy to put off chores.

Ceejay, hope you are just sore after your fall and nothing pulled, sprained, or broken. I do worry about falling and try to be extra careful. I’m glad you got to see the kids, they are a bright spot for you. As far as Baby is concerned, not UTI and 100% healthy. Because she is six months old she is most likely going to be in heat soon. I put newspapers on the furniture and shut all the bedroom and bathroom doors. She’s been using her box and in the basement with Ernie at night. So far so good. She goes in for surgery next week. I should have had it done right after Christmas and put it off. Our vet is the only small animal one in town and busy; the other vet is farm animals but will take pets occasionally. We have always had a cat and as far as making decisions for their care, you can tell when they don’t feel well or their routine changes. When Ernie started drinking an excessive amount of water I knew something was going on and to the vet he went; diagnosis was diabetes. That was a year ago now. Time flies!

I do need to get busy, think about something for lunch later and vacuum, then read. Hope you have sunshine and a terrific Thursday today!

Old 02-04-2021, 01:33 PM   #25  

It's very windy this morning and warmer at 45 degree's. We have had a bit of rain. I hope the snow stays North of us. I also hope that it doesn't get as cold as the weather predictors say it is but so be it if it does. After all it is winter and I do not have to get out even though I need to go back to the grocery store. I went to a different store and I like it because it is very roomy.
Nephew C brought my bicycle this past week end also. I rode it yesterday for 11 minutes and will ride more today. Got to get back to exercising. I'd go to the gym but all the people do not wear mask and that concerns me.
Another night of dreams and this makes me tired. Woke myself up calling my mom's name.
Cleaned the living room and swept and mopped the floor in the master bathroom yesterday. I'll finish cleaning in there and do some laundry.

Jean
I may go to the animal shelter in the near future to see what they have in the way of older cats. Can't blame out for not getting out today.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:13 PM   #26  

Good Afternoon! The sun is peeking out through the clouds after off and on snow showers earlier. It is cold, 1 degree above 0 feeling like -19 with the wind blowing at 17 mph. I know it is winter but wishing for green grass and flowers! I've done some laundry and held Baby for her afternoon nap. Unlike Ernie, she is a lover. He likes Bob best and will occasionally lay beside him with his front paws on Bob's leg; he is so big he is definitely not a lap cat. Not much exciting in my neighborhood today but wanted to see if anyone else had checked in. We have church in the church tomorrow for the first time since mid November. I don't look for many to be there since it is so cold.

Ceejay, do you have a stationery bike? We have a dreadmill in the basement collecting dust. Bob used to be faithful about using it before his knee started to bother him. He never went back to it after his surgery. I never did like it for some reason and would like to get rid of it. I’d much rather walk outside. I am surprised the gym doesn’t require masks. Our governor just took off all the restrictions for businesses to require masks, social distancing, etc. I think it is too early but just my opinion. She is getting a lot grief from different groups about some of her decisions over the last year and I imagine she is tired of that too. I wouldn’t want her job.

I have the dishwasher to unload and a load of laundry to put in the dryer so better get it done. Hope you are enjoying a nice day!
Old 02-07-2021, 08:58 PM   #27  

Evening
It's gonna be a cold, cold week. I haven't been out of the house today and may not tomorrow. Sis has been doing laundry and lazing around watching t.v Guess it's okay cause she does work hard during the week
I haven't done much of anything either. We both cooked supper, which was spaghetti. I was hungry for that.
I weighed this morning and am up a couple of pounds, ugh. 194.4 I'll try harder this next week.
I'm getting moody again. Think it's because the sun has not been shining and it's cold.
Rode my bike for 15 minutes which is better than nothing.
----
Jean
My bike is stationary but works both upper and lower body. I don't have much room for exercise equipment. All the room I had extra has been filled with sis's stuff from the condo.
Hello's to gma and Quilter
-----
Time to put the dishes in the dishwasher.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:52 PM   #28  

Good Afternoon! The sun was shining this afternoon but it is cold! It was -12 when I came downstairs this morning and made it up to 0 this afternoon. Whoopee! Tonight is supposed to be -10. This whole week is -0s. We counted church money this morning; I woke up a couple minutes before 5 so just got up to start my day. It seems to take me longer to get ready and head out the door these days. Counting was different because we had both Saturday night and Sunday services in the church. We had 43 Sunday morning but it was so cold I'm sure some of the older (than we are) members didn't brave the weather. It started snowing mid afternoon so Bob had snow to shovel again this morning. I ran some errands after making the gift shop deposit. My phone rang while I was paying for greeting cards, unknown number although a local cell phone. I didn't answer it but had a voice mail. It was the gal who signs my gift shop checks and she wanted to know if I wanted a COVID shot. The hospital employees are done and now they are starting with the volunteers. So Friday is the day! I asked about her side effects and she said her arm was really sore after the first shot and she felt like she had a hangover after the second one. I kind of laughed and said that believe it or not I'd never had a hangover. She laughed too and said she would take credit for my first hangover. I hope not, but have heard from a couple others they felt like they were getting the flu after the second shot. We'll see I guess. I was hoping for the one shot brand.

Susan, somehow I missed your post. My sympathy on the death of your friend’s husband. I hope she is on the road to recovery. I use store brand soup if I am going to put it in a casserole, etc. Otherwise I prefer the name brand, even though they are a few cents more. I needed tuna fish for Ernie and noticed the store brand was more expensive than the name brand. That is very unusual around here. I do feel very lucky that Bob can fix most anything. He isn’t afraid to try and has become fast friends with Google looking up “how to do it” if he has a question. His farmer friend and he have overhauled several tractors over the years.

Ceejay, I made a meatloaf over the weekend. It was nothing to write home about but made a pretty good sandwich. It falls apart when it is hot and I don’t know why. It also doesn’t brown like it used to but think that is because it is leaner meat. You will get the weight game under control. You can do it! What does your sister do for a job?

”Gma, you are awol again! Hope you and Jack are ok.

Bob is on a zoom meeting at the office for church and should be home soon. We had leftovers for lunch so think it is self service tonight. I get tired of thinking of what to fix. I miss grilling when it is so cold but Bob has pulled the grill into the garage. I wish he liked to cook besides the grill.

Hope you have had a nice day and enjoy your evening!

Old 02-09-2021, 11:55 AM   #29  

Jean
I downloaded Zoom because sis that lives in Georgia wanted to do Zoom gatherings. I haven't tried it yet. They are also doing Zoom meetings at WW too and our church is having book club Zoom meetings

Hello's to gma and Quilter

It's another cold morning at 18 degree's. And supposed to be icy but I'm not going to get out and sis didn't go to work. In fact they closed the office where she worked yesterday. She doesn't feel very good. Is having some sinus issues. She didn't go into work today either. I didn't really want her too because of the hills between here and Branson.
I need to call and reschedule a dentist appointment for this week to a later date. The weather predictors are calling for snow on that date.
I'm going to start cleaning my bedroom and bathroom on Monday and doing the sheets and towels that day
Made brownies last night. My the house smelled so good..
This is about it for me.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:40 PM   #30  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining and it has warmed up to 7 from -12 early this morning. I went to the grocery store first thing this morning. My goal is to make a casserole and some bars for the sister of my once-a-month coffee friend. She doesn't live here but my friend, who does, is going to stay with her for a few days when her son goes home. The sister fell and broke her leg, right below the hip joint, as she was taking out the garbage. Her husband was in a nursing home, caught COVID, and died right before Christmas. The sister has come here twice to help my friend when she got her new knee and again for a new hip. The sister helped me with a bridal shower many years ago so I do know her a little. She was a kindergarten teacher, so we have that in common too. We are going to Sioux City later and take Beth's family out for supper. Will's birthday is the 13th so told him he could choose where to go. February seems to be flying by in spite of the weather!

Ceejay, good luck with zoom! Bob has his working but I still don’t; they can see me but not hear me. Wish you could share your brownies.

I need to put my recipes away and clear off the counter. I wanted to make bars with no chocolate and forgot to get the butterscotch chips this morning. There is always tomorrow! Hope you enjoy the rest of a terrific Tuesday!