Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-03-2018, 06:24 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default September Ups and Downs Dealing with Depression

good morning! to our little corner of 3FC, we are a small but mighty group of friends who are dealing with the Ups and Downs of depression. please join in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Jennifer's hospice rescue doggy passed away today. They had Patty 2 months. She really took a turn overnight so they put her down.

It was lovely outside today.

I hope you all are well.
Lisa I am so sorry Jennifer had to deal with that. bless her for loving Patty as long as she could.

Hi to everyone else!!

gotta get ready for work, it's just another day for me.

Hope you are all well
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:19 PM   #2  

Holly thank you for starting this new month. Hope you didn't swelter in the kitchen on Monday

lisa. I am guessing Jennifer is your daughter. How deeply sad that her rescue pup died. How fortunate Party was So loved those last 2 months

today was very hot. Broke a record in my town 93 degrees and 70% humidity which is technically "oppressive". I wish I had a working AC unit. I cat napped last night. Upstairs is stifling. I am getting sick of these heat waves. Last winter, colder than normal. This summer much hotter than average. With no AC this is challenging.

Sorry for complaining. Next spring I will buy a new AC.

hope everyone is doing well

Last edited by flower123; 09-03-2018 at 08:02 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:57 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

Pat (flower) it is okay to voice how uncomfortable you are!!! I do it all the time Yes we got confirmation on the news that August, as well as July, was the hottest on records for us! I hope you can get an a/c soon!!

I have been 'surviving' in the kitchen at work with my wet clothes operation. And it's how I was able to mow the lawn yesterday, soaked my t shirt, jeans, even my work sneakers, sloshed a bit for the first 15 minutes, but then was actually comfortable.

Hi to Lisa, PandaCupcake, Coop and Kathleen!

I am so lucky that it's been a long while since I've had my life long 'down' thoughts. I don't know what to credit it to. I have been off antidepressants for well over a year now. I have tried very hard to practice turning my thoughts to positive ones when my mind wants to dwell on negative.

Still searching for a winter job. Sent an application to a certain one, got an email confirmation that it was at least viewed by the business but no contact from them. I will keep searching!

Last edited by VermontMom; 09-04-2018 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:04 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

I love this pic, this is from our Toy Run last month
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me on bike Toy Run 2018.jpg (29.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-05-2018, 09:58 AM   #5  

Holly I am glad that the wet clothing formula works well for you. One more day of hot weather. AND "oppressive humidity". Temps in the valley will get up to 92 today. Low tonight, 72. I hope where you are is significantly cooler.great pic of your back. You look like you are in great physical shape. Also, congrats on finding the way out of depression. Being so active and training the mind to switch from habit energy of neg. thoughts, to seeing things in a positive way can be invaluable. I think the mind is a machine of habit. And often it is important to retrain it. So congrats on doing just that.

I am not saying everyone is able to do that without medications. Or even with medications, at this time. And I am not saying everyone is in a place where they are able to do what you did. But for your situation, it worked! So congrats. Job well done !!!

Hi to everyone. I hope you all are doing well.

Last edited by flower123; 09-05-2018 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
good morning! to our little corner of 3FC, we are a small but mighty group of friends who are dealing with the Ups and Downs of depression. please join in

Lisa I am so sorry Jennifer had to deal with that. bless her for loving Patty as long as she could.

Hi to everyone else!!

gotta get ready for work, it's just another day for me.

Hope you are all well
HI Holly.

Jennifer is hurting. She's lost 2 senior doggies in the last 7 month.

She and Josie adopted a corgi puppy the same day they lost Patty. They planned on having 3 doggies but Pats went down hill so fast, they had to put her down. She had inoperable lung cancer.

They now have newest member Scout and 2 yr old Stella and a plethora of kitties.

Thanks for starting the Sept thread.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 09-05-2018 at 06:18 PM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:21 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
Holly thank you for starting this new month. Hope you didn't swelter in the kitchen on Monday

lisa. I am guessing Jennifer is your daughter. How deeply sad that her rescue pup died. How fortunate Party was So loved those last 2 months

today was very hot. Broke a record in my town 93 degrees and 70% humidity which is technically "oppressive". I wish I had a working AC unit. I cat napped last night. Upstairs is stifling. I am getting sick of these heat waves. Last winter, colder than normal. This summer much hotter than average. With no AC this is challenging.

Sorry for complaining. Next spring I will buy a new AC.

hope everyone is doing well
Yes, Patty (they lovingly called her Pats) was a hospice rescue. She was a corgi mix puppy.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:24 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Pat (flower) it is okay to voice how uncomfortable you are!!! I do it all the time Yes we got confirmation on the news that August, as well as July, was the hottest on records for us! I hope you can get an a/c soon!!

I have been 'surviving' in the kitchen at work with my wet clothes operation. And it's how I was able to mow the lawn yesterday, soaked my t shirt, jeans, even my work sneakers, sloshed a bit for the first 15 minutes, but then was actually comfortable.

Hi to Lisa, PandaCupcake, Coop and Kathleen!

I am so lucky that it's been a long while since I've had my life long 'down' thoughts. I don't know what to credit it to. I have been off antidepressants for well over a year now. I have tried very hard to practice turning my thoughts to positive ones when my mind wants to dwell on negative.

Still searching for a winter job. Sent an application to a certain one, got an email confirmation that it was at least viewed by the business but no contact from them. I will keep searching!
HI Holly,

I do the wet clothes thing too. Wet them down with cold water, some days in Ohio it's the only way I could make it.

I hope you find a fun job. You deserve it 1000X fold.

I won't be able to work until next year. Gotta lose a lot more weight.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:29 PM   #9  

I joined a gym, ladies. Golds Gym here in the town where I live.

I purchased a pair of nice black workout leggings. Still waiting on their delivery.
I have a nice pair of tennis shoes and a couple tank tops I can wear. I'll be OK until next month when I can order more.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:40 PM   #10  
Biker Chick!

Lisa - congrats on joining the gym!! and having some workout gear also!! The wet clothes thing is a life saver isn't it!!

corgis are soooo cute!

Flower I agree and thanks for understanding that I wasnt trying to say that I beat it without meds..I certainly was on meds for years and even then I had horrible bad thoughts..I don't know why I am feeling pretty normal (hah!!) now but am so glad i am.

Flower, Ugh today was brutal wasn't it!!! in the low 90's with high humidity, the sun felt like it was instantly irradiating your skin but now I see a cold front is going to come through, dropping temperatures and humidity, and by Friday morning it will be 45 degrees!!

we had our moto-meeting up in Orleans tonight, it's just a few miles from the Canadian border, its up there!

Yesterday I got an email from the new weird winter job boss, telling me that it's slow, and I didn't need to come in today (for my one 4 hour stint a week). I am sure this is the beginning of them erroding away my hours and trying to get me to quit. I won't until I am ready! But it stinks that I leased my car with the thoughts that the 4 hours a week/4 times a month is my car payment Oh and apparently he didn't tell my co-workers that it was his idea, he just told them "Holly isnt coming in today'. Like I was calling out! jerk!!! Good think I have spies at work who email and tell me these things
Old 09-08-2018, 01:57 AM   #11  

I don't feel very good tonight. I feel like my sinuses are draining into stomach and it is so upset.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #12  

Quick post
Lisa, your sinuses are draining into your stomach? That sounds upsetting. Are your sinuses infected? I get strep in my sinuses. So I understand how difficult sinus problems can be to resolve. Are you going to call your doc on Monday if it persists? I hope today it's much better. How are you doing other than the sinuses?

Holly you SO deserve a better boss than that jerk! You do not deserve to be continually disrespected. I hope you find a much better job. Sometimes these kinds of nasty experiences push us to something better for us. That jerk doesn't deserve someone as good as you!

Hope your plants did okay with the Sunday AM cold. There was a frost warning for some places in the NEK. I brought in my potted basil plants. They don't like lower temps. It was great. I got to love them inside. Rosemary came inside as well. I didn't want her to feel forgotten and alone, lol. Ahhhh the basil and Rosemary smell in my entryway.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are having a good Sunday

Old 09-10-2018, 09:47 PM   #13  

I've got some beans soaking overnight. I'm going to attempt to cook beans tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:49 PM   #14  

Flower,
It is usually in the fall that I have problems. Mostly headaches. I'm not too bad but yeah, my head hurts tonight.

Im OK tho.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:53 PM   #15  

Holly,
I got a message that my workout pants have come in.

Im waiting on my new bra, now. It is arriving at the local Lane Bryant any day now.

Once I get everything in, I can hit the gym finally.