Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-06-2016, 01:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160

Height: 5'7

Default Sadness due to my increase in weight.

During my time in college, I ate very poorly, drank a bit too much, and went from 135 pounds and size 30 jeans, all the way to 160 pounds and size 34 jeans. Every time I look at my beer belly, and how my chest has some what fat (boobs) I get very depress and feel like a hallow version of myself. I just get angry and upset every time I shower and see my stomach and how it has grown, and how my chest has grown. At times I just do not want to get out of bed. I do not want to be super skinny but atleast around 130-140 pounds again and mainly lose my beer belly out of everything. It be nice to be a size 32 jean too, I do not feel I was at a healthy stage being my age and still a size 30, I would fee much comfortable and happier at that size. I feel my goals are realistic but still feel like no matter how hard I try I wont get there which makes me even more depress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15040722308056641641.jpg (17.3 KB, 18 views)
Losangelesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:28 PM   #2  
One Step Closer

S/C/G: 338/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

First off, hi! Nice to meet you on the site.

It's always sad when you realize you have to lose weight, but you noticed the increase early which is a plus. Your goal is totally realistic, and it may be hard but if you never try you definitely won't get there! The first step is starting. Try to focus on the things you like about yourself. You're definitely good-looking if that's your picture, and no I'm not just saying that.

I hope you feel better!
MatchaPocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #3  

oh my god.. I understand you so damn well....
Jessi901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

As soon as you start making changes towards your goals you will most likely start to feel better
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:44 PM   #5  

It's hard at the start, it always is. But when you stick to it long enough you start to to not crave for the junk/sugary foods anymore. You start getting use to the healthy foods. One way I stay motivated is to have a cheat day once a week, usually a Saturday. This also helps boost your metabolism up which is a bonus AND helps keep you motivated because you can still eat the foods you love. So it's a win-win.

One way people lose motivation and stop is because they do too much at the start, crash dieting and not getting all the nutrients their body needs. They then burn themselves out and start eating junk food again. Hope this helps, and good luck.
JamieAlison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/128/129

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

This guy like so many others hasn't been back to the site since he posted this thread. It really makes it hard to respond to posts when you never know if they are a 1 and done.
I know that weight loss is hard and often times takes multiple attempts but you would think that going through the effort of starting 3 or 4 different threads would affirm some kind of determination. Oh well, his loss (or not).
dmnoland is offline   Reply With Quote