Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-02-2016, 03:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

Default general sadness

does anyone find they have a general sadness that they cant pinpoint the cause for? felt like this for a few days now.
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:55 AM   #2  

Yeah I know that feel. But it always goes away for me after a while. If you have it over a long tiem with no reason for it u might want to go to a doctor.
SadWyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:40 PM   #3  

i was diagnosed with depression, anxiety and OCD years ago and all they did was put me on pills that made me suicidal that i took myself off after 6 weeks so im a bit reluctant to go back
Old 03-06-2016, 04:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/128/129

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Yep,
For me it's called winter. I hate the cold. I've been diagnosed with SADs. Exercise helps tremendously but it's extra difficult to get motivated in the winter.
dmnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:56 PM   #5  

the sadness is back.
i feel like a poop.
it sucks
Old 04-24-2016, 03:35 PM   #6  

I have general sadness upon waking and until I go to sleep. My dreams are even sad in nature.

I moved away from my family and started therapy and realized the source of all of it which was my childhood and my abusive parents.

I feel that if sadness exists, you aren't crazy; it's coming from somewhere. Some of it very well may be genetic and due to chemical imbalances but alot of it can be environmental as well. I remember reading this book that explained pills work great in combination with therapy but alone don't ever get to the root of these sad feelings and, thus, progression is rarely made.

I feel for you. The sadness makes weight loss and sticking to a plan really hard. You aren't alone.
elleveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 04:26 PM   #7  

I feel like that at times. After my pregnancy it got worse and was prescribed medication. I however opted to keeping myself busy and workout. I always feel better after a good workout! Try doing the same excersise has been a great benefit for me. Good luck
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:28 AM   #8  

oh yeah... it is exactly the way i feel now. my boyfriend tells me that i am having a general sadness state where nothing is wrong but i am still sad... unfortunately, i do realize he's right...
Jessi901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:40 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Have you had a general health physical? There could be a physical cause. I thought I was going crazy a few years ago... turns out I had a thyroid tumor. Once it was removed I was fine
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:44 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 2"

I suffered from clinical depression and was admitted to a psychiatric units twice when I was a teenager. I have had doctors explain to me that it can be genetic and a predisposition can exist. I used to be on antidepressants. One of my doctors recommended walking as a remedy. I noticed when I focused on weight lifting with small dumb bells my depression was gone. Research indicates that people who eat fast food and commercial baked goods suffer from more depression.

If you suspect you are suffering from depression then please see a doctor for a check up. Physical issues can be a contributing factor and some of them can be serious, such as cancer. General sadness in this day in age may be a symptom of too much exposure to the bad news of the day but I would not make light of it.

Hope you are feeling better soon.
nuumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:12 PM   #11  
full of thanks

Yeah, I really do. It just recently started, it's not a downright depression. I'm just really sad.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:41 AM   #12  

Yeah, you get what they call "low mood" which is depression-like, but eases after time. If it doesn't go away after a few weeks, then see your doctor.

Things that help are to rate your sadness in a scale of 1-10 (1 being awful, 10 being great) then do something to move up a notch. Or example, today I feel like a 4. It would make me happier to go to the movies or have a swim. Afterwards I would reassess where I am on the scale (e.g. 6). You just do lots of little things to improve life a little bit today. It might work.

Last edited by Coop27; 06-29-2016 at 02:42 AM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote