Old 07-01-2015, 12:33 PM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default The Worldlies Jump into July and Leave the Junk Behind

Boom.... shooting us into a new month. Thanks Annie for the great title suggestion.

I hope to leave junk behind this month - literally and figuratively.

Let me go finish the admin stuff to set the thread up and I'll be back with comments.

Click here to link back to our June thread
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #2  
Choose your hard

Ok, that's done. Morning all. Crazy busy day at the shop yesterday. We had the best sales day of the year so far. Almost $1100. I was dog tired when I got home last night. I have so many things to do between personal and shelter stuff that it's easy to get paralyzed from what to do next. Deep breath, prioritize and get busy.

DH decided he did not like the way our new printer printed photos so he packed it up and sent it back. Now we don't have a printer. *big sigh* He is like a bull in a china shop sometimes and is getting worse as he ages. Jumps to conclusions quickly, doesn't think things through. So I guess I have to add looking for a printer to the list of things to do...

Annie - you are so right on the wedding expenses. Do what we did - I threatened DH, he conceded, I called a church, we were married 2 weeks later. I called people on the telephone. No formal invites, no showers, no fancy wedding dress. My only regret is not having good pictures - we only have candid not very good shots that are fading as the years pass. Used to be it was the meal and bar bill that was the biggest expense. Now there is so much to do with weddings, I think it's crazy. I would put a playlist on my Ipod and bring in my Bose speakers Seriously I think part of the DJ expense is the sound system and music rights - so complicated now a days. Yay on only having one daughter! I hope in the end it will turn out nice and memorable and not break the bank. What a nice surprise to pass along the cheese crackers to the kids.

Ceejay - congrats on the 10 pounds down. That is great. Glad you enjoyed your peaceful day off. Get ready for retirement!

Shad - I would fall over exhausted if I had to live your working life. I just don't have the energy for that anymore - I'm glad you can keep up with it. I also don't envy having to deal with the Indian way of thinking - your post made me smile. I'm thinking you are shopping for the wee one again? Good luck with that. Get her a puppy.

Michelle- gotta love impossible deadlines. NOT. Yikes! Hope you can keep it together and get them what they want.

Laura - to be quite honest, I am starting to resent (just a bit) of all the time I am having to devote to the shelter. I keep saying it will get better next week/ after the next event but there is always something coming up. We are halfway through the summer at this point and there are garages to be cleaned out, basements to be tidied up and things to do both work and fun here. It also sometimes causes frustration on the home front. Hard to keep a balance between which needs count most. I'm glad you found a corner cabinet to replace the old one. And I understand what you like about the old, traditional cookbooks. I find them very interesting to look at from those days when there was not prepackaged, cleaned stuff and one had to grow their own food, pluck chickens and there was a lot more that went into food preparation. Actually I was watching a documentary a few years back that said that around the time I got married in the mid 70's, as more women entered the work force in greater numbers, the food industry revolutionized cooking by coming up with things like Ragu Cooking Sauce - just add meat and make the best pork chops or chicken cacciatori (sp) that you ever tasted. That's when the 1950's home economics majors turned in their aprons for a business suit and tv dinners and store bought bread - and a pack of Virginia Slims cigarettes You've come a LONG way baby. Different times indeed.

Hello to the rest of you fine ladies. The washer and dryer are telling me it's time to flip and fold. Off to get busy. Happy July.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:10 PM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Peeps!!

Went over to Sissy's house last evening to deliver all the uneaten "kid" food the babes didn't eat while at my house. She was glad to get them as her cupboards were kind of bare. Even took a gallon of milk and another partial gallon over. They should be set til Friday at least. Jacob was napping and Royce was in his seat eating of course. Dry Crispex cereal was the snack of choice. haha. Sis told me this morning that Jacob was very happy after his nap that I had dropped some "orange square crackers" (Cheez Its) off for him. lol

Who knew the wedding invites was going to be one of the most expensive items on the list. This wedding is killing me. And to think we are going the least expensive way we can on everything. The DJ is $650. and that is cheap for a DJ. Glad I only have one daughter now.

Posting will be back.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #4  
Annie - Indiana

CEEG...CONGRATS on the 10 lbs down. Wow what a motivator to be down to weight you have not seen in a while. Yahooooooooooooo!! Any major step in life will give you jitters, you will be fine and wonder what took you so long to do it in the first place...hugs. The sun is actually shining today, hopefully the tomatos will take notice!

SHADDIE...I feel your pain on the decision makers at work that cannot make a decision but worse than that cannot stick with the decision.

CHELLE...did your project get done in time and was it a successful presentation?

LAURA...I, too have too many cookbooks, many are handed down. I did pass a few on to Sissy so that helped.

HAPPY...how did your day at the zoo, I mean thrift shop go?

Hello to all.

Hugs
Old 07-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Tonight is moving night. Guess I won't get to see the computer tonight. I'm going to another place for 3 weeks or so as the place had been hired out long before I got there and I was only accepted with that proviso. Maybe I will like her other place so much I won't want to come back. I would imagine it would be easier to rent the beach house than one in the suburbs.

Anyway, back onto the joys of dealing with a cast of international would be diva and divo. Chinese, Indian, English and Philippino (and of course me) all of whom are getting antsy because the deadlines are closing and they aren't ready, the system isn't ready, the training material isn't ready, and my laptop isn't behaving.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:26 PM   #6  

Afternoon all. I held off on posting until a new thread was set up. Thanks Happy for doing that.

Michelle – Did you get the design to the boss for presentation? How did it go?

Annie – Is the dang report getting closer to being a final version? Even though I have an odd fascination with those wedding gown tv shows, the idea of a wedding just sounds like a PITA. I like the idea of a big celebration, but not the formalities of weddings - fancy invitations, bridesmaids and groomsmen, DJ/band, etc.

Shad – Sounds like you’re working with frustrating people.

Ceejay – Great job on the weight loss!!! Whoohoo!! I can see having the jitters over a future move – that’s a big life change.

Happy - Thanks for setting up the new thread! I don't have any cookbooks as old as "go out back and butcher a chicken", LOL. But when you mentioned women working outside the home in the 70's, you brought to mind one of the cookbooks I put in the donation bag - one published by the folks from the defunct 80's (?) magazine "Working Woman". Tips and recipes for the busy working woman who has to also get all the meals prepared for hubby and kids. So dated sounding now. I glanced through a section about working women's lunch ideas, but decided it wasn't worth keeping.

Hellos to the rest of you.

--
Over the weekend, I bought $20 worth of raffle tickets for the myriad gift cards being raffled off by “my” team – 24 tickets – and won nothing. I bought two raffle tickets ($2) from a neighboring team’s booth and won a gift basket, LOL. A woman dropped it off at the house yesterday. The items are from a local boutique and included a candle (which apparently melted from being in the sun at the Relay event and leaked a bit (even though it’s in a covered tin for traveling) and I don’t see a wick now…It also had bath salts, “sluffing [sp] salts”, a bottle of champagne, a certificate for a sauna session (??) and a $25 gift card for the boutique. It must have been the champagne that attracted me to this basket, LOL. But I’ll get over to the boutique sometime soon and see if they have anything that appeals to me. The boutique's website seems like it'll be a bit pricey and too fussy for me, but I'll give it a shot.

Well, emptying out that old cabinet was the PITA I thought it would be. I didn’t get rid of many “display items”. Two old semi-collectible ceramics are going to the thrift shop. One is missing a lid and the other is part of a 2-piece mixing bowl set of which I only have 1 piece, and is in poor condition to boot. Three plain old vases that come from the florist went down in the basement for the next time they're needed. I have a few nicer vases more worthy of displaying that I'll keep upstairs.

The cookbooks were somewhat difficult to pare down but I ended up with one full shopping bag of them to donate, though I don’t know who would want them. I take that back, people like my mother might want them. She’s the one who gave me the majority of them. Anyway, it was hard for me because I would scan through a book and see a recipe that looked tasty and think it might be worth preparing…but then I tried to be more logical about it. Have I ever made a recipe from this cookbook in all the years and years I’ve had it? If not, it’s unlikely to happen in the future. Do I know who the cookbook author/publisher is, and do I have any confidence the recipes are any good? There were a few very generic pocketbook-sized paperback cookbooks that were mysteries to me. But if it was published by Betty Crocker or Good Housekeeping, I’m more likely to keep it on the basis that maybe they actually test their recipes... Are there any photos? If not, that’s a negative. Do the recipes say “cook until done”? Another negative. If not for cooking, does it still interest me/have entertainment value? For example, I can’t seem to get rid of my 1966 Weight Watchers cookbook for that reason – it’s funny to look at the bizzare recipes and see how restrictive the program was back then (the word “legal” is used in it in reference to some foods, hahaha).

Bf’s concert (Doobie Brothers) wasn’t rained out, thankfully, but the weather got a bit chillier than was ideal. But they enjoyed the show. When they got back to the house (late), the old cabinet was empty and they moved it out to the curb. Then they moved the new cabinet in. Since this new one is a corner cabinet, it really makes the room feel less cramped. I’ll take a photo once the new cabinet’s been cleaned and filled. This cabinet has a light in it, but we don’t have an outlet near this corner, darn it. I added this to the list of small jobs we will (someday) have an electrician come in to do.

It was another late night last night and I’m sure it’ll be catching up to me…I already feel less than alert.

Tonight’s a hair appointment and that’s enough for me.

Well, I’ve rambled enough for today. I’ll hold off on posting this for a bit, in the event someone (else, lol) starts a new thread for July. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:07 AM   #7  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls
Feels good to b back home, but after seeing so many things I have to catch up on, plus the bills I want to run away. I love the new thread name My home clothes r feeling snug too much eating as if I was on a cruise ship w endless food available or @ Las Vegas.... I gotta Eat CLEAN for about 2 weeks until I can zip all my size 10 shorts, slacks again loosely. At least my jeans have some spandex & r comfortable & I have several sundresses for the heat. I packed away all the comfy shorts/skorts w elastic waist-bands I wore on our 10 day vacation (fast-food=fat food ).

Ceeg, congratulations on your retirement plans & on the -10 pound loss. Looks like u can take some time to relax & enjoy yourself, now that your future important issues r laid in place to follow. I'm happy that u followed your intuition/gut, instead of letting your brain get overwhelmed by all the advice from other ppl. This is about u not them.

Annie, yup weddings can b overwhelming. I love everything that your Dd is doing & her inlaws beautiful wedding location. I think the save-the date cards r a unnecessary expense. I have 2 on a shelf & 1 that came as a magnet on my fridge. When the invitations arrive I'll place them out to view & also write in my day planner & electronics after my RSVP is returned, so why do I actually need a save-the date card use that $ on the honeymoon.

Phone is ringing, b back later today.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:36 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

Morning all...just not feeling it today. Kind of blah. At least we are going to have 3 sunny days in a row. FINALLY.

DEE...glad you made it back home safely. I can't wait to get back into my size 10's. Got a ways to go tho. Yes and the wedding is not where all the $$ are going, it is the reception. YIKES....the save-the-date cards are the "now" thing. Like all these people's lives are so busy, you have to save the date months in advance. Whateva!

LAURA..yes the report is final. SO what does my boss forward me? This is how M does in in the Pacific NW. Well I know from a good source the M does not do much but sit around with her thumbs up her heiny and has all this time to put into doing a report. Nope not going to do it. If you cannot find anything for yourself at the boutique, maybe buy for someone else and save it for a birthday or something. DMIL??

SHADDIE...all I can say is may the force be with you!!

HAPPY...thanks for setting up the new thread. You rock sister...

Hello to all, Hugs
Old 07-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #9  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

Quick post for me, got to run over to the shelter and meet with the mgr and asst mgr about what they need in the way of shelter management software. Actually it will be me asking a bunch of questions to try and figure out what they need so that I can then weed through the package offerings and pick something that will work. Put on my analyst tin hat. Then I need to stop at Walmart and pick up some supplies - both for me and for the thrift shop. Then the rest of the day is mine. Finish laundry, do some decluttering. We have a big steak to make tonight - looking forward to that. Although we might defer it one more day to try the bbq ribs at a place we keep forgetting to go to and Thursdays is rib day.

Annie - I think the save the date cards are dumb too. That's what we used to call invitations BUT I do get what you are saying, people follow trends today - like having sleeveless gowns when they have flabby, tattooed arms - that makes me crazy. I think tv has been the downfall of this generation. Kids watch stuff like Platinum Weddings and David Tutera and everyone thinks they should have the same. And no, I am not talking about Sissy - thank goodness she has a practical head on her shoulders. Maybe that's because Mom raised her well OMG - I laughed so hard at your description of M on the west coast and how she spends her day isn't that the truth Get real buds.

Dee - you are probably full of sodium and preservatives from the fast food. I'm sure eating clean for even a week will make you feel right with the world again. Also, sometimes when camping, it's hard to eat the good stuff if you don't have refrigeration other than a cooler. Glad you had a good time.

Laura - I agree with you on the whole wedding circus hassle thing. I originally started to plan a formal wedding and then we put plans on hold when DMIL got diagnosed with cancer. When we picked back up again, I decided it was just too much of a hassle and we went with a tiny, informal but intimate celebration. Everyone attending said it was one of the nicest weddings they had been at - we all sat and talked and had a good time. Everyone got a chance to mix with one another. And I had lots of booze because after all, it was the 70's I would do the same again today if I had to re-do it. Just get better pictures. Argh isn't that a pistol about buying all those tickets for your team and then winning on the 1 ticket you bought elsewhere? But at least you won something. Hope they will have something of interest to you. How was the Doobie Bros concert without Michael McDonald? Or is he back touring with them again. He is THE sound of the Doobies for me - like Peter Cetera for Chicago or John Fogerty for CCR. How many liver recipes are in the WW cookbook? I remember they REALLY pushed that a lot. Yuk. Otherwise I'm sure it would be an interesting book. Tomato Aspic anyone? I also agree with you that I am more drawn to cookbooks with pictures. They say you eat with your eyes first. Guess so.

Shad - happy moving. I hope the new place is not inconvenient. I'm sure you will miss the water views. Geez you sure work in a tower of Babel don't you? It used to be like that when I first started working, now it's mostly Indians, Russians and Chinese. Or at least that's how it was 3 years ago.

Time to get moving - at least I don't have to shower first - why if I will just come home covered in dog kisses and all sorts of fur?

Have a good one peeps.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Need to get out and pay some bills and I'm going to enjoy the couple of days off. My co-worker wanted the 4th off so I'm taking Labor day off. This is when I have plans to go to visit with my sister in Missouri and do some important things before I move.

-------
Happy
Thanks for setting up the new thread for us and Annie love the name of the thread. Happy is this what I have to look forward to in retiring. You stay as busy as I do.

Annie
Weddings can be expensive. I'd never heard of a Save the Date until my nephew's wedding.

Dee
Glad you are home safe and sound.

Laura
Good for you in paring down the cook books. Glad that BF had a good time at the Doobie brothers concert.

More later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:34 PM   #11  

Morning all. The commute was dreary, but it looks like it brightened up!

Happy - Enjoy the doggies and other creatures at the shelter. I hope the HS has good options for shelter software. Never thought of special software just for shelters, but there's certainly a need! Re weddings - I think the invitees care most about having good food and liquor, and music for dancing (and like you said - an iPod attached to a sound system would suffice for the music). And photos to memorialize it all, of course. But all the extraneous stuff - even the cake! - is probably not all that important to the invitees. Who will really care much about or remember the little favors at each table, or the fancy invitations, etc. People need to put the focus on the marriage and not the wedding!! Re the Doobie's - bf said he enjoyed the concert, dunno if he thought it was lacking without M. McDonald. Interesting - when he went to see Peter Frampton the week before, McDonald was also performing in that concert, and bf said he really enjoyed him, and more than Frampton. Enjoy your big steak tonight.

Annie – Sorry you’re feeling blah. I guess the sun is coming just in time!! Re save the dates – I guess it’s a “nice to have” thing. Nicer if you could just do it via e-mail…I should think the people you really want to attend will already know the date and save it… Good idea to buy a gift with the gift card if I don’t see anything I want at the boutique.

Dee – Welcome back home! Hope you catch up on all the stuff that’s been waiting for you at home. I’m sure you’ll be comfy in your clothes again after settling back into your usual eating habits.

Shad – So in another 3 weeks you’ll be moving back to your original digs? Another move!!

Ceejay – So you’ll be working on the 4th (Saturday)? At least you’ll have Labor Day off. Enjoy your weekend.

Hellos to the rest of you. I hope you all have a safe and happy 4th of July.
--
I had my hair appointment last night and dinner was a delicious cheeseburger bf grilled. I got to bed at a reasonable time. I woke up at about 4 am when the lamp on my side suddenly came on. We have those attachments on the bedroom lamps that turn it into a touch on/off and every once in a while they flake out. Thanksfully, I fell back asleep easily.

Today’s a shortened workday – 3 pm closing. The boss and another department member are going to be out of the office on Mon/Tues next week, so it’ll be quiet here. I’ve gotten a lot done this week and will still have plenty to do next week. We're good on our deadlines, so yay for that.

Not much in the way of weekend plans, which I like. There's our village’s annual festival. There’s also the one in the neighboring burb and we have plans to go to a concert at that one with friends.

Otherwise I hope to get a lot done around the house and yard. Another ad from Home Depot shows mulch on sale $2 per bag. Whoo! Need to stock up.

That’s it for me, so I’ll post now.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #12  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ Yeah it seems to be pretty popular, I dont know if I will find the seasons at the library or not but I hope I do but if I have to buy them thats okay too.

Susie ~ Yeah I bought new frames. Yeah I'm really glad that Scott gets to come home earlier on Thursday's now.

Annie ~ Yeah its really great that Scott gets to come home earlier on Thursdays

Laura ~ Nope I havent went to the library yet but I hope they have the seasons of One Day At A Time. That would be awesome but like I told Happy if I have to buy the seasons thats okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been up sine 5:55 this morning. Its now 5:29 p.m. I worked out earlier today and I'll do it again tonight. We might go to walmart tonight after mom gets home from work, She gets off at 8:00 p.m. and She should be home by 8:15-8:20 tonight. I cleaned my mask and tube this morning and I did the dishes as well. So I got alot done today. Usually I have school but our new vacuum was schedule to get delivered today so I stayed home so I could bring it in when it got here and thats what I did. I wont go to school again until next Wed. on the 8th and Thursday on the 9th. Then on either the 10th or 11th My friend and I are gonna go to lunch and then we're gonna go see a movie, She wants to see the new Jurassic World movie, I've already seen it but it was so good I dont mind seeing it again, She doesnt want to go by herself and then depending if we go on Friday the 10th, Scott and I will go see the new Terminator on the Sat. the 11th. I hope everyone has an awesome weekend.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:38 AM   #13  
Annie - Indiana

Hello and Happy 4th weekend. Yep since the 4th came on Saturday, we had the option of using it as a floater day off. I used mine last Friday to take care of the lil grands. So there are about 3 people here today. Feels like a morgue. We do get early release today. I am leaving around noon the others at various time after that. Woke up to thunder boomers this morning, all is wet and mostly drowned. Rolly polly bugs are everywhere including my house. One milipede was found in the bathroom. Yik. We need dry weather. After all this rain moves out around noon today, we are SUPPOSED to have 3 days of sunshine. Certainly going to do yard work and weed the garden. Going to Sissy's house after I leave here. We are going to lunch then to Hobby Lobby to see what we can do about table decorations for the tables at the reception. THe shower, the wedding, and all is making be a HUGE NUT BAG.

LAURA...HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON SUNDAY....just in case I don't make it back in here. Mailed your card but don't know if it will get there in time. I think it is a pretty cute one this time, especially the envelope. lol. I agree with you and HAPPY about all the wedding BS. Sis is really trying to cut back on everything and being economical, I just want her to be happy with it and not certainly do not want to disappoint her. It is hard when it is your own child on anything in life. Plus you all know I am a sap and big baby. lol

TERRA...better get good rest the next week or so, you have a busy schedule lined up. Have fun with your friend's day out.

HAPPY...I, too, would not of guessed there was a particular software package for shelters and a such, but I also guess there is just about any type of anything out there for whatever it is. I love seeing DHs pix on FB. He seems like a professional..is there anywhere he can submit his pix, maybe make some $$?? Just a thought, might have to do an internet search and find something.

Hello's to the rest of youse! Firecracker, firecracker, boom boom boom!!!

Hugs and everyone be safe this weekend.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #14  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Day before Independence Day - big summer holiday. Half of summer is over - at least for us Hasn't been very warm at all. My garden is not doing too well except for the arugula. Pea plants are small but are pushing out peas. Yesterday I ran into town - Walmart was a ZOO - geez. I had the misfortune of being behind what looked like a cute old lady who decided she wanted Walmart to price match half of her order. She had flyers from 3 different stores and then could not find all the items to point out to the clerk in the sales flyers. Must have taken me an hour to get through the line. I was ready to give her 20 bucks just so she'd move along. Please don't do your weekly shopping and price match when there are a hundred people in line. On the way through town the strawberry farm lady had her truck parked at the furniture store - seems to be the gathering place for all sales from your car/truck. Bought a big pail of strawberries - oh so fresh. They were pricy but I am tired of buying them in the store and within 2 days they are all moldy if I leave them out and rubbery if I put them in the refrigerator. This way they were picked this morning and I hope they last more than 3 days. I might freeze some too. Got some fresh rhubarb I can also use.

Met a friend at the store and she is always looking to go out to dinner - her hubby is also a friend and he does not like to go out. So we roped him into going to dinner with us. We went for all you can eat bbq ribs. They were delicious but they are smoked and for some reason my stomach is sensitive to smoked flavors. About 2 hours after we ate, I got a terrible stomach ache and kept tasting the smokiness of the ribs. I guess I have to cross that off the list. Too bad because they were really tasty and meaty.

I should go to yoga today but I am just not up to it. I haven't gone in 3 weeks. I am bad. I can feel the bones tightening up, should do a video if I don't go to class. I did sign up for my regular yoga in September.

I have today to myself and will spend it tidying up and doing housework and laundry. I keep telling myself I should get out into the garage and go through some boxes. Before you know it, it will be getting too cool to work outside and with the eye surgery I won't be able to bend over for 4 weeks at least so that blows away August productivity. Too many things screaming to be done at once, all with the same tight deadlines and we haven't taken the ATV out once yet this year. I don't want another year to pass where we didn't use that expensive UTV we bought at all. This weekend there are too many crazy weekend warriors who are wild and stupid so I don't like to go out among them. Maybe mid week next week we can take a trip out.

Annie - I admit it can be a bummer when you have to trim expenses for something you want to be special. I do hope that amongst everything, Sissy has fun with the wedding planning. It should be a celebration, not a hassle. I would probably be trolling the internet for inexpensive wedding decorations. You could get a nice round glass bowl, put a votive candle and some rocks or silk flowers and make a nice decoration without spending a lot. Don't forget to hit up the thrift stores too - they always have tons of cheap glassware. I hope you get some sunshine headed your way. Certainly seems to be a lot of rain this summer. We aren't so rainy, but it's cooler than usual I think which is why the plants are stunted. Thanks for the reminder about Laura's birthday - sorry Laura - your card will be late Thank you for the compliment on DH's photos. Many people have suggested that he sell them and as we go to fairs I point out to him that there are a lot of people selling some really nice photographs. Once you frame and mat them, it costs a lot of money to do that and the thing is... we all admire each other's work BUT will we shell out money for that? That's the problem, people like to look at the pictures but no one wants to pay for them. I am just glad he has a hobby he enjoys. It keeps his brain active, gives him a bit of a self esteem boost that he can do something well (despite Dad's telling him otherwise when he was growing up) and it keeps him OUT OF MY HAIR. Except when he wants me to take road trips and I have other stuff to do. But I am not complaining. I know far too many couples where the woman goes one way and the man the other and they only meet at the table for supper. Enjoy your quiet day at the office and early release. Unless I was away on vacation, I'd rather do what you did - take an alternate day off and come in when it's less busy AND you get out early.

Yes, there is some specific computer packages for animal shelters. I was once not a big fan of a generic package - mold your business into our package but I do accept that sometimes like this, it does no good to reinvent the wheel. And most shelters have a standard business model so it's just the amount of bells and whistles and cash you want to lay out. We also want something cloud based so that the people who need to get to the information can access it from the internet which saves us time and money not having to get computers for the office. Will be interesting. But first I have to get through the Tag Day fundraiser a month from today.

Ceejay - yes, you can be busy in retirement BUT the wonderful thing is, you can be as busy as you choose to be. Especially when you are an unpaid volunteer. It's very freeing to set your own pace. You just have to be strong about not getting sucked into doing too much (as I often do). Of course it's more fun to work at the thrift store than stay home and scrub floors and do laundry, right? I am sure you will find a niche to make you happy.

Laura - oh oh - you had to mention Peter Frampton, didn't you? Strains of Feel Like I Do running through my head again. I am drooling at the idea of BF's yummy grilled hamburger. We deferred the big steak until tonight - I am looking forward to that. Have fun at the festival - we always watched your town's fireworks festival because that was the closest one to our house. A few years we even walked there. Happy early birthday to you. Are you doing anything special to celebrate?

Terra - sounds like you have a pretty busy week ahead. It's nice to have some fun things planned. I guess everyone is loving that new Jurrasic Park movie.

It looks rather overcast outside - they said 50 percent chance of rain but I don't see much on the radar. I like when it rains, was a pain dragging the big long heavy hose wayyyyyy across the yard on both sides, one to get the flower garden, then on the back side to get the veggies and in between getting the bird bath and dog bowl/turkey watering trough cleaned out and filled.

Have a good weekend everyone! Hope your move is not too much of a hassle Shad.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Hadn't thought about the year being half over with. I'm having my food celebration today. I'm working for L tomorrow.

Laura
Yum on the grilled burgers. Thought about that but I chose to have pulled chicken with bbq sauce. yum, yum.

Annie
I'm proud that you and your daughter are trying to cut expenses on the wedding.

---------
I laid in bed this morning till 8.30. Kept telling myself that the garbage truck was not running today and finally went back to sleep.
I've been feeling much better today. I've had some dizzy spells yesterday but my blood pressure was good. My pulse rate was a little low for me though. Today I've been doing laundry and preparing food for the next week. I need to eat more veggies.
That FB post was aimed for my sister but I doubt that she will see it. I have my plans in place and I'm sticking to them, unless my health turns for the worse. I'm not expecting that to happen.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote