Old 07-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #1  

Default Wave 2 nerves

I'm starting Wave 2 today and feeling a little nervous. After 10 days on Wave 1, it suddenly feels like an awful lot of food! So far, I've had a slice of bread with my salad at lunch time, and the salad had peas and roasted root veg in it. It's mid-afternoon, and I still haven't had my second piece of fruit - and tonight I have a glass of grape juice to come! (I can't drink wine due to allergies.) I really didn't feel deprived on Wave 1, so it's strange to suddenly be thinking I ought to eat more. I realise it's still just one plate, so I'm going to be eating a bit less protein and veg, but eating less salad doesn't seem like it's going to make a huge difference! I'm wondering if I'll be able to lose on Wave 2. As it is, I don't feel like I lost anything in the second half of Wave 1, but I haven't had a chance to weigh myself yet, so I will have to wait till later today or tomorrow to be sure.

Still, I think I will continue to eat the Sonoma way even if I don't lose any more - it is so healthy, and I don't really feel it would be safe for me to cut back any more.
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/205/150

Height: 5'7"

You lost 9 pounds and I think that is just awesome! You are my inspiration. I started to do the Sonoma but then my Low-Carb Mediterranean diet for Diabetics arrived... and I got distracted. LOL!

I probably should try the Sonoma first, but I am prediabetic and my blood sugar isn't getting any better and I was a bit worried about the grains. I just wondered if anyone is doing this diet and is prediabetic.
Mom2boxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #3  

You're right - I lost the first 4 lbs before I started Wave 1, just from trying to eat the Sonoma way before the book arrived, so I shouldn't worry too much. Thanks! You've also done really well - 18 lbs so far!

If the low-carb Med diet looks like it will work better for you, I think that's what you should do. Everyone is different - what works for me won't necessarily be right for you. All Mediterranean dieters are welcome here - Sonoma is just one way of structuring a Mediterranean diet, there are lots of other ways. I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on!
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote