Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #1  
I'm On A Goal!

S/C/G: 193/193/155

Height: 5'7

Default After eating 3 slices of Pizza -- it's time!!!

I'm been battling the thought (yes, the mere motivation) of weight loss for about 6 months now. I'm at 195lbs (5'7). I realize that if 6 months ago I started working out, I would be where I would love to be at. But this all came to me, after I ordered Pizza for myself and ate 3 slices of pizza and 3 bread sticks. EEK!!

So that's it, I am no longer putting it off, I'm starting NOW! But the internet has so much information on this, that it's scary. One site says to do/eat this and the other says something completly different. I'm just so overwhelmed with information, I don't know what to do.

I'm in my early 20s, so I'm young and I am just ready to go, head first. I just need some help, guidance, advice... from people that understand.
At this present moment, I have a gym pass but I feel.... "ashamed" (for lack of a better word) when I go in and don't know what to do nor do I stay there long for how out of shape I am. (With my full time job and going to school full time, I go to the gym after all of the trainers leave.. So I can't ask them)

I'm a very picky eater, I eat the same foods as a 5 year old. (My mom raised me on McDonalds due to how hectic our lives were at that time). I understand I have to change what I eat, so I'M DOING IT! But, once again, I'm not sure what to get.

So, to basically break this all down and stop rambling lol..
I want to lose weight. I'm 5'7 and weight 195lbs, I want to get to 155lbs.
I don't know what foods to get, and what kind of exercise to do.

I'm looking for more of a "do this, then this, now this" instead of something very vague. I lack motivation and I need a schedule or something of sorts to get me motivated. Come on people, help me out!
twiztid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

I'd start with cutting your calories to 1700-1800 a day. I'm a picky eater too, so eat a lot of the healthy foods you do like and make sure you write down everything you eat. Start with walks, then in a few weeks you could try an exercise regimen--I do Biggest Loser videos and I love those. If you don't see the scale move a lot, try measuring. Drink lots of water! Good luck!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

There are many diets/ways you can lose weight. Whether low-fat, low-carb, counting calories. So take it as a grain of salt. I believe that eating whole healthy foods and cutting processed and sugary food from your diet is the first and best step to take. I dont know how difficult it would be with you preferences, but getting unhealthy food that makes you tired and your skin less than glowing and your body sluggish, for me has been motivatioin in and of itself. I know alot of people have got further on their journey than I, so like I said grain of salt. I have been eating cleaner healthier foods for three days now and I already feel the benefit, in two days the scale is reading almost two pounds less, but I cannot attribute that to fat loss yet. But so far I feel good (had a headache day two) and I already feel like things are fitting a bit better. So I am encouraged and would encourage you to try it. ANd the great thing about this website especially is that there are tons of people who have been successful who can tell you how they did it. If you try and dont like what I am doing, keep trying. Find your fit, and utilize the support here. It is great!
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #4  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Holy crap! Babe, you sound exactly like me 2 months ago. I am 182.00, 22 years old, full time student, full time employee and almost too embarressed to go to the gym! This is what I did and my thought process- if it helps.
I went to the doctor. I begged him to put me on something that would make me lose weight! I begged! BEGGED! He said no, no, no, no, no. I was so angry! I couldn't believe he wouldn't help me. I left in outrage. Then I calmed down and went back. We put this plan together. Because I have gained weight too much, I am at risk of diabetes and serious lung problems ( I am a smoker too) plus I have aquired a vasuclar disease that due to my weight doesn't allow my blood to flow normally through some areas in my body. We put together a plans. No more than 1500 calories a day, at least 1 hour of exercise a day-which can be broken up of course. He also put me on a small dose of medication to help keep my cholesterol and blood sugar low. I forget to take it all the time-not good.

Anyway, what I am recommending is that you speak with your doctor first. Always! Get some exercise, take a walk, and watch what you eat. If you don't speak with your doctor though, you could very well be going the wrong way about it.
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #5  
I'm On A Goal!

S/C/G: 193/193/155

Height: 5'7

Thanks for all the advice. I set up an appointment with my doctor, I'm going to talk to someone about dieting, and I bought a couple of those biggest loser DVDs. My boyfriend (who's been going to the gym as of lately) is coming this week and going to help me with the gym and go at my pace and get me into a routine. We also got some free weights for my house so that I can do weight training at home every other day (and 3 days I'll be doing cardo)

Thanks so very much everyone. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on my success!!
twiztid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:18 AM   #6  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Definitely, I want to know how you like the Biggest Loser dvds. Last Chance Workout literally melted inches off me, I LOVE IT!! Again, good luck, and it's great you've taken these first steps!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote