Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

Default I'm SO disappointed.

So this morning I got up without fuss to get my work out on, everything was going well until I got this sudden urge to jog, I was going good and I was barely tired until the most HORRIBLE itching/burning sensation started going through my legs. I thought it would end by walking it out but it just kept going until I stopped. After I stopped I started back walking and the itching/burning just came back.

This isn't something new, it used to happen in high school when I tried to walk/jog no matter the weather, hot or cold, no matter what fabric I wear.

I'm so sick of working out outside and I feel like this is just another obstacle.
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #2  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

What were you running in? I was getting horrible heat rashes from sweating on my legs when I was wearing sweat pants or exercise pants. The material was rubbing against the leg causing itching and burning. I have got some scars left where I scratched them so much.

If you were wearing pants try wearing shorts. I also found that it helps to take a cold wet rag and wash off my legs before I work out and then again afterwards.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

I was wearing shorts. But it feels like the sensation is more on the inside of my legs than on my skin.
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #4  
really4real

S/C/G: 274/236/188

Height: 5'1"

I know EXACTLY the sensation you are describing! But you know what? I was told that it's a good thing to feel...means that your blood is circulating properly and your body's just doing something good as a result of the exercise it had not been getting.

Don't know if that's accurate, but whenever I felt that sensation it was because I was out of shape and had not exercised in a really long time. For me, it subsided after awhile of getting in better shape.

Keep pushing! I'm sure it'll go away soon.
starchild is offline   Reply With Quote