Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/164/130

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm really disappointed...

I must be honest. I was referred to this site by a friend who is a fellow Fat Smasher. She was so excited because we had both been having the hardest time finding a support site for this eating plan. Being a newbie to this way of eating, I have been completely blown away at the completely different way I am expected to eat and along with this is the need to ask questions and seek some support from those who have had great successes. I have posted like twice and with the first post, I swear there was a ton of people who viewed my post but didn’t bother to comment. And even then…I had to go back and re-post to get any responses.
Okay…I just posted again in a different thread…lo and behold…the SAME thing has happened. I’m at a loss here. I am honestly disappointed in the lack of support that I am feeling on this site.
Desihue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #2  
Workin' It

I'm sorry you don't feel supported here, honey. I know I tend to find new posts by hitting the "New Posts" button, and I often read a post before I realize it is in a forum about which I know nothing, like Fat Smasher, for example. If I don't know anything about the subject I tend to not reply. Maybe your threads have been viewed by other people like me? I do hope that you find your niche, you may find more general support in one of the age group forums?

Good luck!

ETA - I just went and looked at the thread you started, and the one that you posted in today and haven't gotten any responses from. It seems like the Fat Smasher program has a lot of ambiguity in it from what I could see on the answers you got. Also, seems like the chat thread isn't a very active one. You may have to get in there and shake it up a little! I say keep on posting and see what happens!

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 05-11-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'm also sorry you feel disappointed. Keep in mind a couple of things...first off, the "View" count includes not only regular posting members, but also those who are unregistered, or those who "lurk" but don't post. So even if a thread has many views, none of those views may be from people who actually post responses (and if any of you lurkers are out there, please post!)

Second, the board slows down...a lot...on weekends. People just generally have more going on and don't post as much. So on weekends, you generally get fewer responses than you might otherwise get.

Third, Fat Smash isn't a plan that there are a whole lot of people here on. I mean, we have a great, but small, core group of smashers, but not enough that responses are coming continuously throughout the day. If you were on a plan with more members here (Calorie Counters, for example, is a busy board, as is South Beach), you would likely get responses faster. Since you're on one of the slower boards, it'll be longer before people with knowledge of your plan sign on and read your posts. That's just the way it is when there are fewer posters on your plan.

Stick around, keep jumping in, and maybe pop into some of the more general areas to get faster responses (our age-based groups tend to be pretty fast-paced, and the Weight Loss Support forum usually is pretty quick as well, although things can get lost there if things go TOO quickly, you know?).
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #4  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I'm also sorry you're disappointed, but I do understand what you mean. There are some forums that just don't seem as active as others.

I would say just keep posting in a few forums until you find a group that you're comfortable with and that's as chatty as you would like them to be. Even if they can't offer advice specific to your plan, hopefully they can offer some more general support to help you in your journey.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Sorry! I'm sure I opened and didn't answer one of your posts, because I just saw "meatless" in the new threads, and didn't realize it was in the Fat Smash forum, and knew nothing about whether it was allowable.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #6  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I'll echo what others have said and simply say that some forums simply aren't as active as others. There is quite a bit of information and advice around these forums, you just have to get out their and keep posting...that's what I did. Regardless, welcome to the community!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 219/197/130

Height: 5'3

I don't really know anything about fat smashers, but I just wanted to say welcome, and I'm sorry that no one answered your other post. I'm also new to this site, but I suggest if you need any inspiration to go look at the Goal and Mini Goal photo albums. Seeing all the amazing transformations was so inspirational to me and it made me feel like I could do it to. Anyway, I just want you to know that you aren't alone. Good luck with everything!
wantstoloseweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

Im new to fat smash so I opened it too but had no advice for you since I didnt know the answer. Please hang around because I need some support with this plan too! I did 8 days and lost 8.8 lbs and then fell off the wagon for nearly 4 days and am back on today. I need all the help and chat I can get so stick around!!! hugs!
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:16 PM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

Like Shannon, I hit the "New Posts" and will sometimes start reading a post, not paying attention to the forum. I don't know anything about Fat Smashers, so I wouldn't answer a question because I don't want to give anyone inaccurate information. I do the same thing in the Weight Watchers and Atkins forums. I find the threads interesting but I generally don't participate because I'm not following that plan and don't know what's involved.

Keep nosing around and you'll eventually find an active forum that fits your needs. Hopefully more Fat Smashers will be reading now that the weekend is over--this place is pretty quiet on Saturday and Sundays.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #10  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I'm not a fat smasher (calorie counter) but give 3FC a chance. This is a GREAT site with amazing folk. You don't want to miss out on a wonderful resource on your journey. If the FS forum isn't as active as you like, jump around a bit. Most of us do. You WILL find support and encouragement here - I promise
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/164/130

Height: 5'6"

***THANKS EVERYONE!!!****

I feel better today after reading all of your posts. I will take your suggestions and hop around a bit more until I find a comfy-cozy spot where I can chat.
Desihue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey Desihue. I'm sorry you didn't feel so welcome. Seriously WELCOME! I'm a bit naughty and rarely go out of the 300+ forum lol. I saw this and wanted to post as I had a similar experience with two other support forums that were very unwelcoming. I was trying to find support for another issue, you know ask questions and etc, and posted and was completely ignored by even the main moderators who welcome everyone! In fact they would welcome other people, but not me, so I finally just left lol. However, 3FC has always been welcoming and supportive to me. My first post was a "hello" and I got a few responses, then I just literally dove right into the 300+ weekly chat and other posts. I just replied and started to chat and found that people were very welcoming and friendly. I can say that I was really put off from the two other support places I tried as they were so not like it is here.

I think hoping around is a great way to get into a comfy-cozy spot!

Welcome to 3FC!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote