Old 02-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197.2/157.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Angry Need help with "plateau"

I started MF on Jan 8th. Lost 6.2lbs the first week and 6.4 the second. During the third week my weight went up and down and my scale stopped with a .4 loss. Now at the end of week four I've only lost an additional 1.2lbs! I'm so frustrated. I've been at the gym every day this week taking a zumba class and I am 100% on plan. So why is my body so desperately clinging to this weight?

Any suggestions for a metabolism boost?

TIA!
D'Ann
Go Mommy Go! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/160

Height: 5'11''

I can understand your frustration! I also had a stall in week 3. It can be very discouraging.
All I can suggest is to up your water if you haven't already, make sure you're getting in all 5 MF meals, and eat the leanest and greenest on the list for your L/G meal. And make sure you're watcihng your condiments and salt, etc...
I would also consider that while starting an excersizing routine your body may slow wt loss, muscles may hold on to a bit of water, and your body is readjusting.

It WILL come off if you are on plan 100%. Don't get discouraged!!
You are doing GREAT so far! Hang in there!

Meg

PS: I've found that the scale makes me NUTS and for my own sanity I only weigh in WEEKLY...
MEGACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:38 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5.5"

Don't get discouraged. Weight loss on the scale does not always parallel fat lose especially if you are exercising a lot. Keep up the great work your doing staying on plan and exercising and there will be results.

LizR is offline   Reply With Quote