Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #1  

Default New from PA

Hi! Everyone.
I am looking for a way to lose weight. I think I have always been an emotional eater. I am 54 and currently going through a divorce. My husband walked out without any warning right before Christmas. I really want to get in shape for ME and for obvious health reasons. I wear my weight well..a little over 250 and want to lose 100 pounds long-term goal. Any advice on which method to use would be appreciated. I do go to a gym 3 X a week. Thanks all..this seems like a great forum.
teach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear of your struggles, but congrats on the decision to take care of yourself! Weight watchers has been effective for me, but I think everyone has to find their niche. Good luck and keep up comms on the boards, this site is a great place for support no matter which method you decide on!

Jenny )
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #3  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Teach3. I am also a teacher. My heaviest was 245 in 2006. On Jan 1, 2009 I decided to lose weight. I was 225 on that day and today I weighed in at 203. I can't believe how much better I feel after 22 pounds are gone. My goal weight is 150 by 8-15-09.
I know everyone is different and some "diets" seem to work for some people and not others. I'm not on a diet - I changed my eating lifestyle. I eat every 3 hours. I'm never hungry, don't have cravings and would say this is the best way I have ever lost weight. I have tried many diets over the years. No matter what the diet was I would always end up having cravings, feel terrible because I was on a diet then end up binging at night.
I think you will find 3FC a great place to meet others no matter what plan you follow.
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there TEACH . . . . . . come over and join us on the Age 50+ Forum if you get a chance.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #5  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!!

Surf around and settle in. We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more! I'm glad you're here!

I'm sorry to hear about your recent problems with your marriage....and I am very happy that you are taking care of yourself!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote