Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/178/135

Height: 5'5"

Default New girl..

Hey, there. My name's Ashley and I'm the new girl around here. I'm 19 years old and currently 172 pounds. My highest weight was 215 around sophomore year of high school so I've definitely made some progress, but I feel STUCK between the 160's and 170's which is very frustrating. I've been (kind of) following Weight Watchers for the past few months to see no results. I have a membership at a local 24/7 gym and I began using it a few weeks ago. I'm here because I want to reach 135 pounds, ideally. The truth is, I don't know how to lose weight on my own without being stupid about it. The weight I lost between sophomore and junior year was lost as a result of me starving myself. I like having Weight Watchers as a guide, but I want to know how to lose it on my own and how to eat healthy without considering myself "on a diet" for the rest of my life.

Any advice for the new girl?
rosycheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #2  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

C-A-L-O-R-I-E COUNTING. It's a plan some of us ladies on here follow. It isn't for everyone. Some people don't like counting the calories and like doing the points, etc. But it's very limitless. You aren't limited to certain foods. It's just better to make smart decisions and eat healthier. For example: Lean meats/proteins, whole grain breads and pastas, less high-fat, high-sodium, and high-sugar products. I love it. If you want a *special* treat, you can easily make room for it in your daily intake. Cycling really helps too. I cycle between 1,300 - 1,800 with one 2,000 calorie day, averaging about 1,600 calories. I eat the foods I enjoy, just the healthier versions and in moderation. You can eat the unhealthy food too! It's just about HOW much you're putting in your mouth. A serving size is usually the rule of thumb. If you eat the bads things in moderation (ie: once a week, or maybe just once a month), you'll be fine! It makes life go on and you don't feel like you're on a diet. It's for life.

There is a section for calorie counters. Take a look. See if it's for you!

Last edited by WormwoodDoll; 02-16-2009 at 06:59 PM.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #3  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

i totally agree with wormwood. get yourself a book, write down everything you eat, drink lots of water, exercise- move around! it's pretty simple and you only have to scale back, not cut things out of your life.

if you need somebody to talk to, or have questions or anything- feel free to shoot me a PM i have lots to share!

welcome!!
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/178/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, girls! I really appreciate the advice. I think I will check out the calorie counters board.
rosycheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Calorie Counter here too. I love CC because you have all the freedom in the world in what you are eating--just in moderation. It has educated me as far as what foods fill me up and which ones send me scrounging in the kitchen. I have also learned what portions look like again because I measure things and count things.

I like WW "non-scale victories." I think their paramount for me personally. I also like some of their 1 and 2 point recipe ideas. In general, stick to your whole foods and move every day. You can do this and it's very worth it.

p.s. Yesterday I ate two oreos and two fun-sized candy bars. 200 calories for the splurge but it is OKAY!

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 02-17-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #6  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!!

Surf around and settle in. We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more! I'm glad you're here!

We have a WW forum and a 20-something forum (we don't card at the door!)

I'm glad you're thinking about ways to keep it off. These changes are for the rest of our lives, but they are worth it!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote