Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 08:16 AM   #1  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking PINK FLAMINGO CAFE ~~ OPEN FOR THE WEEKEND ~~ May 4 & 5

Good morning everyone...how about if we do a weekend thread instead of a daily thread? That okay with everyone?

I just got back from WW....<drumroll>...

I LOST 2.2 LBS.!!!!! I'm very happy about that...

I'll be back in a bit...gotta catch up on yesterday's thread...
Old 05-04-2002, 02:00 PM   #2  
One Day At A Time

Gail - WOW CONGRATULATIONS Two weeks in a row, over 2 #. I bet you are really smiling!!! Just watch that ankle while you are jumpin' around!!

I am OP. Have to get caught up on the water. I have been thru a closet, a dresser drawer, and 2 bags of clothes that were too small. A few things now fit and the rest are about 1 size down. Then I've got a few things that are a few sizes down that I used to wear BC (before children) that I keep telling myself someday I'll get back into them. I'll keep those til I can get back into them then probably get rid of most of them. Just need to know that I did get back into them.

Well, now I have to go finish in the kitchen. Got to put away all that stuff I had to wash up last night. Have to find the contact paper to put back in the drawer. I know I have some extra somewhere............

Sure is quite here in the Cafe - everyone must be working outside - gorgeous day here

Later
Old 05-04-2002, 04:15 PM   #3  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking

Good afternoon...it has been a gorgeous day!

Hi Joyce! A lot of the cafe members are busy this weekend--that is why there is an echo in here! Christine and Emmy are camping this weekend. Pat is working nonstop it seems--hope she stops to breathe! I bet Donna is studying or with her children. We all know that Judy is still having a grand ol' time with her daughters or...she's working! Sharon, I think had a lot of errands to run today. Is that everyone?

And I was at the mall with my daughters and Amanda! I found two summer tops on sale. We ate lunch out--yes, I was OP!

Joyce, sounds like you had quite a shopping expedition. Sorry that you didn't find what you wanted. That happens and then when you least expect it you find all kinds of stuff out shopping. I need some of those containers also. I need to start packing some stuff away...stuff that I haven't used in a long time.

Anyway...I'll be back later...to check in...
Old 05-04-2002, 06:36 PM   #4  
I will do it this time

Hi! Kind of quiet in here today. I have been running all day. I went to w.w. and lost .2#. Not much but at least not a gain. The price is going to go up after the 19th. I am going to get a set of 10 weeks of coupons. At least that give me 10 more weeks at the lower price. It is going to be 10.95 for weekly and 14 for liberty.

Gail, I am proud of you and the girls for doing so well. I bet the girls were excited. You will have a lot of that weight off before vacation. How is your foot/ankle???

Behave everyone! I will try to check in tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2002, 06:38 PM   #5  
I will do it this time

Joyce, I can hardly wait to start getting rid of clothes. You are doing so well. You have stayed past that 50# mark for a while now and you will keep going. You have broken that stopping point.
Old 05-04-2002, 06:45 PM   #6  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Sharon, that is wonderful--you shedding .2 this week! CONGRATULATIONS! Don't get discouraged--keep your focus--more will come off next weigh-in! Nothing was said to us today about the meeting fees going up in our area! I wonder if that is happening nationwide? Doesn't matter--I'm still going--I have to! I shouldn't have walked on the treadmill last Wednesday night. I'm paying for it now. Wayne has given me orders to stay off the treadmill until June 1 at least. Heather told me to stay off it altogether until we return from our trip in July! And I probably walked too much today at the mall. I know, I know... I agree with you--Joyce is doing awesome! She's our best loser! In the very best sense of the word!
Old 05-04-2002, 10:47 PM   #7  

Good evening Pinkies

Way to go Gail and Sharon. I hope I can report the same when I WI on Wednesday.... Gail, your are doing so good this time.

I just got home, I slept in this morning and got up and went out the doors, saw a couple places that had signs outside the houses, will go back to get the phone numbers. Went to Giant to get some more WW frozen meals, since they where on sale. Also picked up the ff banquet chicken patties, they are good. I worked this afternoon at Disney, now I'm tired, but I think it's more from depression.... I know, I hear Gail now... I'm looking... can't wait to get my own place now.. it's getting the best of me...

Joyce hope you have a good weekend and you will find something the next time you go out.

Sharonl hope you can rest up some over the weekend. I haven't lost as much as you, but I have started making piles of clothes that are too big, in fact I gave some t-shirts away the other day, nothing wrong with them, just too big.

Gail I'm glad you found some new tops. I was good last night, didn't buy anything from Lerners, I was working. I have way too many clothes, and it's so hard to stop shopping need too... didn't buy anything from Disney today either... but I'm buying myself a Winnie the Pooh snowglobe tomorrow for Mother's day. I have lots of them, still all in the boxes, but once I get my place, I will have to get a cabinet for them or good shelving.

Well, I better close up here, and put the water in the fridge for tomorrow, I'm tired and depressed, but that will pass, I'm ok, I know I have my friends here and working with Christine, she always listens to me.. bless her heart, but that's what friends are for... ok.. let me leave a night light on just in case someone comes in...

Oh, Gail, have a good and safe trip to VA Beach tomorrow... good luck setting up the computer...
Old 05-04-2002, 10:48 PM   #8  
The power is within me...

S/C/G: 290/290/170

Height: 5'6"

Studying? Well, let's see...my apartment's a mess...I have a sink full of dishes...what do you think I did? I went to my sister's and cleaned her fridge. She wasn't home, she and her husband went out for the day and left the kids home to clean for a party she's giving tomorrow. (Which means that out of ten children - only two were doing anything. So, I went to help them. Plus, my kids helped by playing with the other kids. We ended up grabbing take out from McD's and Wendy's for dinner - still stayed within my points! Yay!

Gail - Congratulations on your loss! I weigh in tomorrow, we'll see what happens... What happened to your ankle?

Sharon - Congratulations on your loss too! When I was attending the meetings, I used to prepay for the meetings - not only did I save money, but I didn't have to fumble around looking for the weekly fees.

I'll be checking in later!

Donna
Old 05-04-2002, 10:51 PM   #9  

Donna we posted at the same time.. nice to see you tonight... I know what you mean, I'm always working and you should see my bedroom... glad to hear you where OP today...
Old 05-05-2002, 08:52 AM   #10  
One Day At A Time

Good Morning Are y'all sleeping in? I guess it is only 6:30am here so it's still early in the east too.

Sharon - Good for you - It is a loss!! All your numbers are negative, THAT'S GREAT!!!!!! I decided several months ago to quit looking at my weekly numbers because my weight loss is so erratic. er - I mean - I am so erratic in staying OP. I mean I WAS so erratic. Not anymore. I make sure though that my total for the month is negative.

Donna - Cleaning out a fridg? Not one of my favorite chores either.

Hi Pat

Hi Gail

In my rootin' around in old clothes, I found a box of old underwear. More stuff that I have been saving to get back into. Some of the bras I kept were the nicer ones that I thought I could get back into someday. Who was I ever kidding! Nothing ever goes back to the 'before children' shape. At least I didn't. They are SOOOO small. Not just the size around part but the letter part too

Well, I've GOT to get some groceries. Veggies mostly. Going to go to a different store to see if I can find any of the new treats.

Later
Old 05-05-2002, 10:35 AM   #11  
banned

Good morning PINKIES

Another busy day here!! I don't get nearly enough puter time anymore, but I'm still trying to stay in touch with all of you as much as I can. There's no way you're going to lose this PINKIE, you're all way too important to me.

Gail Weigh to go on the 2.2 gone forever!!! Yay! You go!

Who else is down in pounds?? I can't remember anything from the last threads...sorry.

Well, staying OP has been difficult to say the least. I don't know if I was OP yesterday or not cuz I didn't track. I'm doing my best to eat the right combinations, but there's so many other things going on right now. There's even less time to do anything for myself. But please know that I'm doing my best to do the program, and I'm also trying to check in as often as I can too.

Everyone have a beautiful OP Sunday!!
Old 05-05-2002, 11:06 AM   #12  
The power is within me...

S/C/G: 290/290/170

Height: 5'6"

Default First Weigh-in

Hi Everyone!

Well, my first week being back on WW is over, and I took the leap (so to speak) and stepped on the scale.

<Quick aside>
I actually went out and bought a new 'large dial' scale and have sucessfully kept it hidden from the children (So far). They got a hold of my last one...it caved in...so this one is to be left alone on pain of no Gameboy.

Anyway, I stepped on the scale and ...
I'm down 7 pounds!!!!! I think it also had to do with the fact that I am just finishing up my TOM but what a way to start out! (Now, if I can only keep it up...)

Did I tell you that I told only one person in my family that I'm back on? I keep remembering that everytime I was on it, they'd congratulate me on doing it and then give me odd looks when they saw what I was eating... So, so far I've only told one of my neices. She's the one who goes to school with me and I figured she'd notice something...(Pouring over books, clicking on the points calculator, etc.) She's been interested in it. As for the rest, I'll wait until they notice - I've got another 20 lbs to go before that happens.

Anyway, have a great day all...I'm thinking of taking the kids to the zoo today...it's supposed to be beautiful outside and should take advantage of it. (Maybe I'll get my walking in.)

Donna
5/5 ~ -7#

Last edited by GamesterGirl; 05-05-2002 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-05-2002, 11:06 AM   #13  

Pinkies Good Morning. I got to sleep in today, just checking in before I go to work. It's a beautiful day here in PA and I have to work only till 5:30pm...

Gail I know you and Wayne are on your way to VA Beach, and have a wonderful day for a day trip. See you when you get back.

Joyce I hope you find some bargains, I will check the Sunday paper when I get home, love to buy the frozen meals when they are on sale & I have coupons.

Judy Glad to hear your busy and it's a good busy. I know Sam is happy to be with you and the rest of the family. I am sure she has lots to do so she can come back to contiune with school in the USA. We are here just waiting for the moment you have computer time again.

Donna Good luck with all your studing, it's great that you are able to do this. And a new place to live too, wow... I'm looking too, infact I need to get phone number of a place I saw yesterday.

Emmy & Christine Hope you both had a good time camping this weekend, the weather was so nice, I visit I was out camping too...

Sharon Have a restful Sunday....

Ok, I am out of here... see you all this evening...
Old 05-05-2002, 12:41 PM   #14  

HELLO PINKIES!, I'm home.

I had to go back and read what's been happening. I hate not being able to check in. But unfortunately it's going to be like this all summer. I love being at camp. I got up this morning early before anyone else and went for my long walk. Even went on a short bike ride with Rachel.

Joyce - Sounds like you were cleaning messy drawers and closet shopping. I have a tendicacy to wear my clothes out so I don't really have anything that I can work my way back into.

Emmy - Hope you had fun camping too!

Gail - CONGRATULATIONS! on that 2.2 DOWN! Way to Go. And listen to those family members girl....stay off that treadmill. Hoping you're having fun putting your mom's computer together.

Sharon - CONGRATULATIONS to you too! Downward and onward, Sharon!

Pat - I tried those clothes on you gave me, bless you. I can wear them...even the shirts that say 18/20. I usually buy 22/24 so this was a nice surprise.

Judy - We know you'd never leave here and we know that you are way too busy sharing your day with your daughters and the rest of the family. You're happy so we're happy for you. Pictures, please.

Donna - I had to laugh at your wondering about your sisterr's fairy on her breast and how it would look at 80 yo. ROFL Have fun at the ZOO! Wonder if there'll be some flamingo's there. And, An Estatic CONGRATULATIONS to you too! WAY TO GO! That's a great way to start out. You're on your way.

Ok, now I've got to go. My nephews birthday was Wednesday and I have to run to Walmart to get him a fishing vest. <shrugging shoulders> Justin should be home soon too. Take care and I'll be back later this evening.
Old 05-05-2002, 06:04 PM   #15  
One Day At A Time

Just peeking in -

I am OP - gonna finish up another weekend OP!!!!! That will be 2 weekends in a row.

I went shopping this morning. Hubby had to go help someone - so I was on my own. Found what I was looking for. Plus got some inexpensive tops for work. K-Mart has some nice looking t-shirts for $6. I hate to spend too uch money if I'm not gonna wear them that long.

Donna - 7# gone - WOW!!! WEIGH TO GO!!!

Christine - Sounds like you had a good camping trip. And a good walk. I want to go camping too.

It sounds like my mom and dad are going to be here over Memorial Day, I think. My niece that just joined the Navy will be home for the first time since she signed up. Hope to see her in uniform..

That one big fire has been out for over a week. Then a new one yesterday, 60 acres, under control quickly. Now a new one today. Over 100 acres already. Still in the mountains but it is the same county I'm in. Sure wish we would get some rain!!!!!
Closed Thread