Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 12:47 PM   #1  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default PINK FLAMINGO CAFE - Wednesday Afternoon 4/17

Because the other thread was getting so long...let's start a new one for today and we'll start dailies starting tomorrow...or this afternoon...however you want to look at it!

Gail
Old 04-17-2002, 12:52 PM   #2  
I will do it this time

Thank you!
Old 04-17-2002, 01:43 PM   #3  

Oh Sharon - I'm sorry I didn't really think you were upset about losing. LOL I know in the past I would have said Oh I'll wait until after I go back to try and start. You didn't. That's good.

Gail - Thank you for that water. Now don't be mad at me but I didn't walk. Nope you heard me correctly I didn't. <sigh> I'm planning on going to pick Justin up tonight at practice and I'll go down to the river front and walk then ok? Maybe I"ll stop and get Rachel's bike so she can ride some too. She needs practice She's a little rusty. LOL

I like the thought of daily threads Gail.

Well just like usual ladies I'm starting to stress and it's job related and I'm trying my darndest not to let it get me in the eating mode. I'm at 14 points for the day and if I get hungry before I go home I can eat my peaches that I didn't eat yesterday. Tonight is Fish (fish sticks for kids), tator tots (I may skip these not my favority but son wanted them), and salad. I can do this (the journey), I am NOT going to let this job get to me. I am not. Dang but I wish I could be my own boss.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:05 PM   #4  

GOOD AFTERNOON LADIES

Let me set-up the table with lots of ice water with lemons. Yes, I'm back from WI and it was good. I have a 2 lbs lose. Thanks to all my dear friends here and your support.

Gail Yes, Gail, I am back and very happy. Yes, I have a new outfit on... a bright red wrap around top, with a white tank top under and navy ponte' pants, all from Lerner's. Yes, I can get into some of there clothes now, so it pays to try hard and work there and get the great discount.
Thanks again for all your point input.

Christine You are next, I know that it's getting warmer out, and you drink all the water and we contiune to walk, you will be reporting the same thing.

Sharon That is a great WI report too. High Five... It's so great the support group we got going here!

Joyce I like your pink bunny, he is so cute, don't work too hard, come back soon.

Well, let me get back to work and my desk clean off, now that I have shared my info to all the ones in the PFC Holding water glass up and toasting to all.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:26 PM   #5  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking

Pat, ohmigosh...You lost 2 lbs.! That is wonderful! CONGRATULATIONS! AND...you're shopping in a regular sized misses store now too? Are you in ONE-derland yet?! Your new outfit sounds pretty!

Christine, I'm not angry at you for not walking today! Goodness gracious no! Just keep guzzling that water! You can do this program! You can stay on program! Just think how good you're going to feel about yourself tomorrow morning when you wake up and know you've completed another day on program!!! You may not be able to control the stress but you can control that food you choose to put in your mouth! You can do it!

Sharon, you are most welcome!

Gail
Old 04-17-2002, 02:27 PM   #6  
One Day At A Time

Gail - Thanks for the new thread. Don't ya just love all this pink stuff ?

Sharon - That's right. The restaurant usually has salmon and that is what I'll have if dh decides we won't share a meal. Sometimes we do that. Saves calories as well as money.

Pat - That outfit sounds really nice. I can finally start wearing stuff that I find in regular stores. It's so fun to try on stuff in smaller sizes. And way to go on those 2#. <high five>

Christine - Hang in there. Only a couple more hours and then you can go home. I've only got 4 more hours. It's really nice out and I don't want to stay in here.
Old 04-17-2002, 03:18 PM   #7  
I will do it this time

Pat, congratulations! Terrific job. It does feel good here. I feel like I am home again.

Christine, I used to have that idea of waiting to go back on program until I had to. I haven't done that in a long time. Not even the bit with waiting until Monday happens to often.
Old 04-17-2002, 03:31 PM   #8  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Joyce, it feels so "girly" here in the PFC! Wayne always tells me when I'm grudging about something, "Gail if you're not having fun then why do it?" I am absolutely having fun here! THINK PINK! Oh yeah...that's out of the movie GREASE! Remember the pink ladies? I vote for salmon tonight; however, if you're sharing a dinner--then THAT is good too! There was an expose on the news last month about how large the serving sizes have increased in the restaurants--definitely one restaurant serving will feed two people! Good thinking!

Sharon, Monday is no longer known as the International First Day of Diet anymore! Each day can be looked at as a FRESH START.

Gail
Old 04-17-2002, 03:47 PM   #9  

I'm soon out the door and on my way home. Can't wait!

Pat - Way to Go! You're working the program and it's working for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for WW to put an office in downtown here. That would be great!

Gail - I started out the day good emotionally wise and it's gone to heck in a handbasket. I'm now at 17 points which is still good. But I'm walking that river front tonight and Justin will just have to wait until I'm done! BTW Thanks for keeping me under control today.....I took a revised JD in to my boss. Hopefully this will get me somewhere.

Joyce - I hung in there and now I'm ready to leave! Hope you're headed out too soon.

Sharon - I can't count the number of times I played the waiting game. No more. I just want to go to bed each night feeling like I won the day!

Ok, now I"m really out the door. LOL See you later this evening...after I walk.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:05 PM   #10  
I will do it this time

Is the background you are looking at pink? I have blue. Can I change it?
Old 04-17-2002, 04:33 PM   #11  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Sharon, yes you can change the background color but its really subtle...go to your profile then click on edit options and look for style settings. There's a pull down box and shell pink is there, click on that and then say click submit modifications. To me it doesn't look all that pink.

Christine, you hang in there! YOU CAN DO THIS!

Gail
Old 04-17-2002, 04:37 PM   #12  
I will do it this time

Did that and I don't see any difference. Oh well, not that important. As long as I can see the postings.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:39 PM   #13  

Thank you ladies
I feel so good now, even thou it's been a trying day other wise. I called for an apt this afternoon.

Gail Do we get to wear pink jackets too Have a good evening. Was told the Wendy salad are 8 to 15 pts
(WW leader). Which we had a new one today and she was great. Only one more week for WW and they hope to roll over a new session.

Sharon That is great you have started already. I have learned so much from everyone here. I feel like I'm in the Pink

Joyce MMM Salmon sounds very good. I know you will do fine tonight and good luck at WI tomorrow.

Christine Are we walking tomorrow? I know you can do it, I get most my point info from you.... {{{hugs}}}
Thanks...

Ok, Where is Emmy, hope she comes back soon. I am off to work tonight, at Lerner's with my New Lerner's outfit... See everyone later, if not in the AM, going to stop at Subway for Supper... see you all

Last edited by flicka_usa; 04-17-2002 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:44 PM   #14  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default Stopped in for a tall cool one....water that is!!!

Thanks for the great Welcome !!

You guys have been busy at the cafe today. I wish I could check in at work but I will have to settle with playing "catch up" at night. and what a lot of catching up there is to do...

GAIL DId I tellyou how glad I am that you opened up the PFC ?!?! It sounds like you are doing well with the program. I think I remember from the thread that I can't see now that you are IN CONTROL!!! That is wonderful!

PAT I am excited for your 2 pound loss...that is great!!! Your outfit sounds nice and very patriotic!! WOW shopping at Lerners!!! and did I read that you work there too?? That may be a good thing cuz at the rate you are going you will need more new clothes!!

CHRISTINE It sounds like you have lots of stress going on at work right now...sorry about that. BUT the good news is that you are not letting it affect how you are doing on program and that is awesome!!!

JOYCE I vote for SALMON as well. It is one of my favorites....grilled with some lemon pepper and garlic with some light butter. I don't know if I could share tho....oh yeah ..that's why I weigh what I do now

HIPPY CHICK Hope your day at work went well ...sorry ...but your post was on the other thread and I can't remember much of any of it.....I am a little overwhelmed by so many posts. If I remember correctly you always enjoyed a good party at the old PFC...all within points of course!

SHARON I hope your day went well too and I wish I could remember what you said on the other thread. Iwill get better at this ....I promise

Some of you asked me to post a little about me and I will try to do it gradually so as to not bore you to tears...I am married and Mom to 3 boys....they are soon to be 14, 9 and 5. I work as Admssions DIrector and Community Awareness Coordinator at a Convalescent Center. I have lost count how many times I have done WW. But I am feeling very motivated reading all of your posts and think I will go and pull out all my books and journal.

I will check in later ...Have a great night everyone!!

emmy
Old 04-17-2002, 08:25 PM   #15  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking Evening Check-in

Hi everyone! <pulling up a barstool and kickin' off my shoes> Its going to be another successful day on program! I can't wait to start WW on Saturday--it will be interesting to see if I start this time lower than I did last time! One thing that can be said about me is that I'm stubborn--I don't give up...for long.

emmy sorry you can't check in with us during the day but I understand! It will be easier for you to do catch-up tomorrow evening as we've all decided to do daily threads instead so the threads will be shorter and easier for us that are here during the day to respond to each other! Okay...so get those WW books out again, pick a day to weigh in, and start in, okay? Judy and Christine are doing the program on their own. So get on the program with us and lose a little weight! Thanks for refreshing my memory about your family...I think the last time we were together at the last PFC my life had changed a little--did you know I'm now a grandmommy? I sure am! My little Amanda will be celebrating her 2nd birthday next month! It is really sweet having a grandchild! So be prepared to hear all about her!

Pat, hey...you want to wear a pink jacket, you go right ahead! About those Wendy's salads: When I order the taco supremo I toss the sour cream and I toss the tortilla chips which brings it down to 8 points and its still extremely filling. When I order the mandarin chicken salad, I use 1/3 packet of the slivered almonds and I toss the noodles and use 1/2 packet of the dressing...can't remember what brings the points down to...but its cut severely. Both salads are extremely filling after being "renovated." Go to Dotti's website for restaurant points and you get the individual points count for all the individual things for those salads. Where there is a will there is a way! I have a question: Do you eat minimum points each day or do you eat a variety of points each day? Just wondering...as you're doing great!

Sharon, there are only subtle changes in color--not a whole lot to be concerned with...in my opinion.

I hope all have had a successful day on program! <raising my bottle of water in the air>

Later!

Gail
Closed Thread