General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 09:05 AM   #1  

Default I want to try LA Weight Loss?!?!

Hi Ladies--

I have heard about LA weight Loss, In live in Boston, and they seem to be popping up all over the place! Could you give me a little info...
Costs/Counseling/food/do you have to buy their foods..

I want to try it. I have done WW too many times, I need a change I think!

Thanks!

L-Star
Old 05-02-2002, 10:47 AM   #2  

The cost is about $7 per week, but be warned -- you must pay for 26 or 52 weeks at a time (depending on how much weight you have to lose, I think 52 is more common). After that, you pay, I think, $14 a week for bars -- but they're really good. If you buy them up front, you can save up to 35%, so I bought as many as I could up front. It's not cheap, and it's certainly not easy, but it is very structured, and you know you can have someone counseling you along the way as often as you want.

There are (help me out, guys) about 5 plans that they choose from to assign you, based on how much you have to lose, whether or not you work out & how often, and what your life is like. The plans have varying degrees of portions on them, but all are based on heavy lean protein (chicken, fish), very low sodium, fairly low carbs. A typical day for me (when I'm being VERY good) will look something like this, and I'm on a plan for those who do a lot of working out:

(Another note -- there's lots of fruit on the plan, but I had mine altered since I'm fruit-intolerant and get more dairy and veggie servings)

B: 2 eggs, 1 yolk removed fried in pam, slice of 40-calorie toast, 1 oz. LF cheddar, tomato
Snack: LA Lite Bar
L: Fast Food grilled chicken sandwich, 1/2 bun removed & no condiments, salad w/ fat free dressing
Snack: LA Lite bar
Dinner: Chicken breast, makeshift squash casserole made with squash, onions, 3 oz LF cheese, teaspoon butter, crushed melba toast and small dollop of FF sour cream
Old 05-02-2002, 10:51 AM   #3  

Thanks Bunnyblues!

I will look into it!

L-Star
Old 07-08-2002, 08:32 AM   #4  
It's MY Life

I have been wondering about this program too. The closest one to me is about an hour away. Is this something you can do on your own or do they require you to come in and weigh etc.? Are there any bars on the market that are comparable to the ones that the program offers. The commercial I have seen a lot of lately is talking about big summer weight loss--I can't recall what its name was. What is the difference with this program? Thanks in advance for any info!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 12:01 PM   #5  

Annie-
The important thing about the program is the accountability you get from weighing in at the center 3 times a week. A lot of of do not make it that often, but once a week would be the least I would go.

There are other bars on the market that are comparable....but the center prefers you to use theirs....of course!

I have not figured out this summer weight loss thing yet...it seems the same as everything else?!? Does anyone else now about the Summer Slimdown?
Old 07-08-2002, 07:24 PM   #6  

The Summer Slimdown just gives you some more recipe ideas, things you can use for the whole family. You can get a copy from your center for free or you can bid for one on ebay. It's got some really yummy recipes in it so it's worth picking up.
Closed Thread