Old 10-14-2007, 10:32 PM   #1  
Shrinking Mom

S/C/G: Goal Weight:127

Height: 5"

Default My annual wagon ride

I just realized that for a few years now, at this time of year, I recommit to losing weight. I tell myself by my birthday (april) I will be at goal. Of course, I never get that far.
I ask myself what is so different this time?

Honestly, I don't know.
This birthday I will be 29. My boys are getting older. My baby is now 3. I am starting school again in January.
I am tired of not looking at myself in the mirror. I am through feeling unattractive.

Am I really through? Am I back on the wagon for good this time?

All I can do is buckle up and grab the wheel!

~michelle~
my3bibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:53 PM   #2  

Hey Michelle -- all I can say is that for the last 4 years, that's been my process almost to a T. The only difference with me is I start at the beginning of Oct, fall off the wagon until Thanksgiving is over, and then hop back on for a couple of months, only to screw up around exams at school. I'm hoping this year will be different!
sarahrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:20 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Thank you both for your honesty. I have to confess I've done the same. All we can do this time is just stick to the plan. If we do, it will work.

Oh! Michelle and Sarah! We're glad to have you here on the Core Board. We can all use your input.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:49 PM   #4  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I did the same thing every year with my New Year's resolution. To get physically and fiscally fit. So this year I read something about putting it on the calendar and it would be out there in the future, so I made my goal in January for my birthday in November and wrote it on the calendar in my spare room and tried for it.

I didn't quite make it, but I got farther than I have in years and actually am confident that I will get back to goal and stay there. Something about having that on the calendar got me through those times when I wanted to just quit after a few weeks and slooooooooow weight loss.

So, I made another goal and wrote it on the calendar and already have my goal ready for next year's calendar. My goal was 145 for my 45th birthday, so my next year's goal will be 146 for my 46th. It'll be more about maintaining than losing.

If I get to my WW goal (150) in the next few months and then can maintain it for close to a year, I'll be so thrilled I won't be able to stand myself

So maybe try writing something down on your calendar a few months from now, it doesn't have to be huge, and give it try. It wasn't my idea, but it worked good for me.

good luck!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote