Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 08:15 PM   #46  
focused and aiming

we've worked all day getting things ready. there's still a lot to do. we may not leave till friday instead of tomorrow.

rhonda, i could tell by doyle's voice last night that he's very much in love with you. now that makes me happy. just do your best and don't worry about losing weight. this is a very very special time in your life. enjoy!

melissa, i may not do any miles tonight. i still have a lot of food prep to do. i'm going to surf some exercises that can be done while riding.

vickie, you're going to enjoy that bike. i was sore, too, after my kitchen floor episode.

kathy, i'm glad you had a good trip. i always say an uneventful trip is a good trip.

paula, curtis and i are all right. we're just taking one day at a time.

i have to go to wi in the am. my doctor is insisting i go every week. i doubt i'll stay for the meeting. there's too much to be done.

angela, don't let that halloween candy bite you. be careful.

i'll be back tomorrow if i can. if not, have a hoot halloween!!
Old 10-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #47  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ohhhh....Sandra...we are going to miss you so much. Have a safe trip and please check in when you can.

Froufie....oh Froufie.....

Melissa....oh Melissa.....

where are you?

Last edited by Vickie; 10-25-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:19 PM   #48  
Melissa

Here I am! It's been a very, very long day. In fact, we're getting ready to go to bed. We're going to watch tv in bed for awhile and then go to sleep early. Our bodies are having trouble adjusting to getting up early and exercising. But it's worth it. I hope!

Sandra, I'm going to miss you so much! Send a message or some email or something!! Have a blast!

Oh good news! DH got a "gig" for Friday night! He's opening at a coffeehouse for another guy that he met. He gets to play an hour concert. He's been trying to break into doing full-length concerts for so long, this is a major thing. One of these days he's going to support me fully with his music, I'm just counting on it!

I will catch up with you all tomorrow. I'm so tired!
Old 10-25-2006, 09:22 PM   #49  
Melissa

Kathy, I meant to ask if you could tell me how to do that shrimp/pasta stuff you love so much. I finally bought some shrimp and I want to do something fun with it. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:29 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Whew...long day for me today. I've read all the posts but am too tired to answer....except to say, yep, he loves me bunches!

I won't worry about not having lost as much as I'd like to. He likes to say that he has lost 94 pounds and kept 2 of them off We all know that one!

Night all,
Rhonda
Old 10-26-2006, 08:59 AM   #51  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone. Quiet morning at work, Thursday is the one day I can get into the office a bit earlier - closer to 8 than 9. M/W/F I have to drop Sarah off at preschool which has early drop off at 8. So, its now 8:50 - I've been in the office since 8:05 - gone through all my emails (its amazing how much stuff comes to me since 5:00 last night!), did a memo and organized my day. I have a meeting at 10 and then not again until 1:30. I may sneek out for a walk at noon. Its a beautiful day here - just about 50 degrees and sunny. Wonderful fall day in New England. Saturday is going to be down right ugly - heavy rain all day but it should clear out by Saturday night.

Angela, great plan with the candy. One thought, rather than throwing anything away, what about giving it to a soup kitchen or homeless shelter? My leader yesterday gave us all gallon zip bags with a tag that says "Anthing that does not touch my lips will not affect my hips". She said we should keep this bag out and put into anything we shouldn't be eating. Her husband works for a homeless shelter and is she is planning on collecting the bags next week and have her dh bring them to work. Sounds like a good idea to me, just a thought...

Vickie, I'm glad your feeling better. I don't believe in the saying Time heals, but time does allow us to live with out losses and learn to function daily.

Sandra, good luck on your trip and check in when you can.

Kathy, where are those stories from the weekend you teased us with? I hope things are going well for you. Is work crazy now? We are getting so busy - our sales goal is met for 2006, but it means alot of plans coming in over the next few months and most of them seem ugly ( I work for an investment mangement company and we do retirement plan administration and trustee services).

Rhonda, when is your wedding? I know its coming up soon, I don't think I ever saw when. Don't worry about the 20 pds -- now is the time to enjoy and get ready for your big day. Just think about the weight you have lost and how wonderful you will be on that special day. What does your dress look like?

I'm off to post my menu for the day. I hope its just not me here today
Old 10-26-2006, 09:02 AM   #52  

Height: 5'7"

Melissa, here's what I do. If the shrimp is cooked, it's easier but if it's not, just cook it beforehand. I spray a skillet with Pam and toss it around until it's pink instead of grey. Then I just cook the pasta (usually spaghetti or angel hair), add a can of drained diced tomatoes and the shrimp and let it simmer a bit. If you want broccoli in it, that's when I would add the broccoli and put the lid on so it can steam while the other stuff heats thru. AND you can add a little bit of garlic but lately I haven't been doing that since the last time I overdid it bigtime and tasted garlic for a week.

I jumped up yesterday afternoon and called a new salon to make an appt. for a haircut. Fortunately they had an opening. I won't be going back to the old places after having this. The haircut was $55 but totally worth it. I felt a little less depressed after getting it, but that feeling didn't last long after I came back home and started feeling sad again. I guess I need some professional help.

I'm still in bed and it's 8:00 so I'd better get up and get ready so I won't be TOO late for work. At this rate, I'll get there at 9:30 at the earliest but I really don't care.

Sandra, I'm counting the minutes until you get here! I can't WAIT!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:04 AM   #53  

Paula, I really do have one good story but it requires a flowchart and visual aids so you can understand it! I'll have to work on it pretty soon. You'll all be shaking your heads and laughing at us.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #54  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It's gray and rainy here but that's ok. Sometimes Fall is like that here in the good old Midwest. I'll be at home today but I've got to get back to cleaning. Today I'll be working on the 3 upstairs bedrooms. I have to split my house into 3 parts in order to clean good and to allow for all my breaks! I also get distracted easily.

Paula, I'm glad you're going to have a good day today. You do sound all organized and ready to meet your day head on. Did I ever tell you that my newest Great Niece is named Sarah? She was born on April 20, 2006 and she is our miracle baby. My Niece, who is also one of my best friends and only 11 years younger than me, is her Mother. She was told she could never get pregnant, went through all the fertility stuff including shots, did IVF, and nothing worked. She adopted 2 children and then got pregnant! I'm Sarah's Godmother. Anyway.....everytime I see your user name I think of our own Sarah. We are blessed by all three of the kids but Sarah is the miracle!

Kathy, I hope you feel better soon. I pay $75 for a cut and color. I don't know how much of it is for the haircut but whatever it is, it's worth it. I always feel great after my salon appointment. I'm glad your treating yourself and that it worked.

Ok Chicks! I've got to go do my banking and have breakfast. Then it's time to get to work. I LOVE being retired!

Last edited by Vickie; 10-26-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:01 AM   #55  

Height: 5' 10"

Vickie - Sarah means Princess in hebrew. We didn't know that when we picked it, but it does suit our little girl to a tee. I'm sure your grandneice is a pricess as well - or soon to be princess!

My niece is 4 years younger than me, she is more like my baby sister (I'm the youngest of 7 and her mom is the oldest). I also am a grand-aunt of a 6 year old. Yes, I was a grand aunt when I was 34! But, my sister was a Grandmother at 48.

Kathy, I'm intriged -- flow charts and visual aides.. Is it a dirty story
Old 10-26-2006, 11:03 AM   #56  

Vickie, enjoy your cleaning. Sounds like fun ... okay, not really but I know it's one of the necessities of life.

I got their brochure and price guide; color is $60 and highlights (which is what I get) is $90. I'm not so sure I want to pay $145 plus a tip just for freakin' hair!!

Yikes, a meeting is starting. I have to run! Where is Frouf?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:22 PM   #57  

Paula, LOL! I just saw your question. No, not dirty. Just the family dynamics of the whole thing (family being the people we met) and how funny it all turned out. It'll take some time to explain and I'm tired in the evenings, busy during the day and sleeping the rest of the time. I'll get it done though.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:25 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

It's nice to see the board a little more active...but, where is that Froufy...if you're lurking...get back here....if you're not, then where the heck are you?

The wedding is November 25th...and thanks for the encouragement about not losing all the weight that I wanted to. I'm still trying my mini-goals but seem to be stuck. I know I need more exercise and I got new orthotics yesterday. That just might help with my aching knees and arthritic toes. Aging is really something, but I still believe it's better than the alternative

My dress is by Linda Lundstom, a Canadian designer. It is blue (Wisteria) stretchy lace. There is a long skirt that has a few ribbons hanging straight down here and there. The top is simple, boat-necked, short sleeved, with a camisole. The jacket is tafetta, with hanging lace and ribbons on the chest area, 3/4 length sleeves that turn back and expose lace. It comes down to the top of my hips. Overall the look is modest, but a little "funky" as this particular designer is known for. Best of all, ta da, I got in on a huge sale...four pieces for the usual price of one. That allows more money for champagne and chocolate!

The wedding is all planned and paid for so we're just looking forward to having a good time.

I'm taking the whole day OFF today. That is one of the good parts of my job. Every now and then I can stay home and read (or do nothing!).

It is so much easier to control the calories when staying home. I am so easily swayed by what's around me and here there's not much to eat that is not Core.

Have a good Core day everybody.

Rhonda
Old 10-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #59  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. i went to wi this am and was down .8 lb. i'm now officially 170.0. i was really hoping to hit the 60's. now my short term goal is to be in the 160's before we cross the texas state line. i'm not sure when i'll go wi next week and i won't have any bath scales with me. i'm going to have to be goooood. i think the key for me other than exercise is to flore. i seem to lose better when eating mainly core foods but counting points. i guess we each have to do what works best for us. don't you?

we're going to be busy today loading everything. i'll try to load the puter last so i can be online more today and tonight. have a good op! day, everyone.

rhonda, i had never heard that one. that doyle is always a hoot!

vickie, i am very impressed (as always) with your cleaning habits. i need to come rub on you to see if they will rub off on me. i love retirement, too. ain't it great!!!

kathy, perk up, girl. go to the doctor if you need to and don't put it off. life's too short to be in a depression. i want you to be happy. i'm looking forward to seeing you.

rhonda, i can't wait to see the dress--and you!!!

gotta go. curtis is calling.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:51 PM   #60  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, your dress sounds stunning and perfectly suited to what I can tell of your personality. I hope you'll share a picture. Jim and I will be married for 15 years on November 10th. Fall is a wonderful time to get married! Hey, you could come over and help me clean if you're bored there!

Sandra, WAY TO GO! You'll be in the 160's soon...I'm sure of it.

Back to cleaning after my lunch break.
Closed Thread