Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #166  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Vickie - sounds like you are all set with your celebrations - did you get to go into the pool? or did Cassie's 'emergency' visit change your plans? Sure hope the meds help and she is feeling like herself soon!

Kathy - hope you are relaxing after your bath - and glad you were able to grill 'carefully'!

Sandra - we were all crying at the superman movie so don't feel too bad -even little ds was crying - we are a 'sensitive' bunch!

Hey melissa - I'm sure the goodwill (and people who benefit from them) will be thrilled with your donations!

And as for 'fun in the sun' - well maybe periodic fun in the sun - in between some rain showers? We got to sil's around 1 pm - still sunny and beautiful weather! So right into the pool I went - she keeps her pool ABNORMALLY WARM (like 98 degrees) cuz of her disabled son who uses the pool...so to be very honest it was not that 'refreshing' (except when you got out ) - but at least it was not super hot out so it was okay.

I did a few laps and then just 'fooled' around with little ds so while I was not doing anything strenous (like Sandra our resident mermaid!) at least I was moving? Little ds had a blast and finally (with his mask on) made it all the way underwater and learned to do some somersaults and headstands - of course we could barely get him out of the pool - and he was turning awfully pruney!

We made it in before the first rain shower in time for lunch (around 4 pm?)- and while I didn't think I was hungry - it was the kind of thing that when you saw the food you became ravenous??? I ate 2 hot dogs (1 bun) tossed salad, potato salad (ya I know I should have passed that up!) and some fruit salad for dessert.

Later on made coffee and I had one chocolate chip cookie (while dh gorged himself on them! - they were yummy). More family showed up so we chatted awhile and then went in again as more rain started.

Ended up leaving around 8 pm as it was drizzling with no inclination to see any fireworks (I did hear some 'popping' a little while ago somewhere in the vicinty). Both dd and big ds are out downtown at Parliament Hill w/their friends - expecting dd soon w/2 gf's for sleepover - YIPPEE!

...and of course it's raining yet again!

...and I have not eaten anything more tonight so hoping the few little 'booboos' won't cause too much damage!

nitey nite

frouf
Old 07-02-2006, 07:15 AM   #167  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm here with bloodshot eyes and my morning decaf coffee. Jim got up at 4:00. He didn't take any pain medicine last night and was hurting. I got up at 5:00 and started to take care of "stuff".

Cassie ate her new food blend this morning rather happily even though there is still some of the dreaded old food in there. I never just change straight out. I've always gradually changed pet food since it is easier on their systems. This morning she will get 1/2 of her thyroid pill which should alleviate the heavy breathing problems. The Vet thought her symptoms were from too much thyroid medicine. Of course, this is a bad time of year for Cassie anyway because she is very afraid of fireworks. I tried to walk her for the last time last night at about 10:00 and she refused to go at all. She was ready this morning though!

I went to several stores yesterday plus the Vet and then came home, put everything away, and did laundry. Then I cooked and cleaned up the kitchen. I never did get into the pool. It was just too late after walking the dog and everything else. In hindsight, I did WAY too much yesterday. I'm sitting here this morning feeling like I never slept. I'm going to try to take it a bit easier today. I've got some laundry to finish and the dog to walk but besides that, dinner, and some paperwork, I should be done. Without a doubt, I'll have a nap today. I have to go into the pool today because I need to vacuum and put chemicals in so it doesn't turn green! I like green but not in a pool!

I'm making another Froufie roast today. I bought a bigger one so that there will be more leftovers! Jim got to the leftovers last time before I could. I'll make mashed potatoes and corn with it so it won't take me long to cook when I come in from the pool. I'll also make gravy for Jim. I haven't eaten gravy on my mashed potatoes since I was a kid. I've been using the Knorr packets for years and they are delicious every time and there is hardly any fat in them at all.

Ok, let me go see what my favorite Chickie friends have been up to!
Old 07-02-2006, 07:31 AM   #168  
Southside White Sox Fan

Paula, I'm glad your daughter is home to help. I hope you have more luck with your garage sale than Melissa did.

Frouf, you are SO funny! Jim was feeling better until he decided he didn't need pain medicine anymore. He's icing now and seems to see the error of his ways. I'm really glad that you enjoyed the BBQ and the pool yesterday. I'm sure you got in enough exercise to cover for the few lapses in food choices. 98 degrees is quite warm! Jim and I like it about 86 or 88. Once it gets to 90, we start leaving the solar cover off. When it gets higher than that we start adding cold water. I understand her reasons though. I don't know what temperature my pool is up to but I'll be finding out in about 8 hours!

Sandra, it's great that you've found your exercise niche. I'd love to do a water aerobics class but I'm too lazy and shy to go to a public place. That's why I live for my pool to be open. Thanks for the pool exercise ideas. That's pretty much what I do when I'm in there but I bet I don't keep moving for a whole hour straight. I have a tendency to do about 30 minutes at a stretch. Mostly, I love to float and look up at the clouds!

Melissa, that's so awful that you didn't do well at your garage sale. Our subdivision sale usually has great turnout. We advertise in our local paper and in the grocery stores in the area. It's usually quite crowded the first day and quieter the second day.

Kath, I never had sweet potato fries. I'll have to try them some time. Jim won't eat them but I can just make regular fries for him. I'm glad you enjoyed your impromptu BBQ. You really sound tired so I hope you rested well last night.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Good morning chickies, it seems like it's been a long time. Yesterday was a busy one. We went to July 1st day at Andrew Haydon Park. It was just packed full of families and the parking was far from the fair. We went with the kids and a single dad friend of their's with his daughter. Natan had a good time, but with pretty pooped after a few hours. They had kiddie rides and he loved those. There wasn't much quality entertainment, and I found it warm and noisy. My sister just called and asked why we didn't come to the cottage for the day, yesterday. Geesh, why didn't they call and ask us???
We saw the movie at 5:00 and out for a very good dinner after that. Turned out good. We liked the movie. Meryl Streep is always good. The story was interesting and actually, having worked in the corporate world, I could see it as a truth.

Vickie, hope that you get into the pool soon. It's going to be pretty warm here, so a pool would be very inviting. You are so organized with everything ready ahead of time. I've got potatoes in the microwave for a potato salad, which I'll put together this afternoon. I'm also making home made burgers and dogs for Bernie and Natan. The kids are bringing him here after lunch. He'll hang out with me until Bernie comes home from work (9:00-5:00). I'm going to pick up a few groceries at Farm Boy soon and everything will be ready to rock and roll.

Sandra, I connected with a lady not far from here who wants to go walking. I'll see what happens with that. Maybe I can convince her to look into water aerobics too. I do have to get into something. I'll probably go back to Curves, and give my notice. I just don't think it's worth the $$. What are your 4th plans?

Kathy, you sound worn out chickie. Hope you find time to gear down today.

Melissa, at least you know what you don't want to keep anymore. That's half the battle, and like Frouf said, at least someone will appreciate your "stuff". I'm constantly rounding up the things that don't need to be here and dropping them off to Goodwill. Last time, it was a car full.

Paula, hope you're having fun with dd and not working her too hard.

Okay, better go and tidy up before I leave the house. Hope it's a good day for all.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:58 AM   #170  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, chickies! I'm finally here after being up and down all night. No particular reason except I just couldn't sleep. It was probably the hot dog; I'm not used to having something quite that processed. It's surprising what a difference it makes.

Judd is on a motorcycle ride but this week with people he's never ridden with before. That guy who crashed last week is doing better; I think he went back to work toward the end of the week. Judd should be home by 3, then the people are coming over around 5. We're not sure about some of them, so it might end up only being the same guy that was here yesterday ... Judd's friend Jon that he always hangs around with.

I should go back to the store in a while for just a few things. I'm not interested in doing any housework and since I have two more days off, I can get my laundry done with no problem. The house is clean enough for me.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:02 AM   #171  

Kathy, sit for a little while and take long breaths, you need to stay in one spot for a bit. I had a tiny bite of Bernie's hot dog at the fair and didn't like it. It's interesting how we lose our taste buds after a while.

Here's a picture of Natan at the fair.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:57 AM   #172  
Southside White Sox Fan

Saundra, Natan is adorable! I'm sure he had a great day yesterday, even though it was long and he was tired. I still feel like I need to be invited to my Sister's house too. Funny isn't it?

Kath, sorry you couldn't sleep. I'd be blaming that hot dog too. I'll be having one at the ballpark on the 26th. I can't wait. It'll be a huge kosher dog with sauerkraut and mustard. I don't care if it makes me sick. At least that's what I say now. I hope lots of people show up for your BBQ.

Not looking good for the pool. Rain is threatened on and off today and it's kind of gray although hot. I may go in anyway, just to get the maintenance done.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #173  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey, Saundra, how come your trackers aren't showing any more?

Gotta go rub the Froufie roast up!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #174  

Gee, Vickie, didn't notice. I think I fixed it, thanks.

The clouds keep coming out, and the wind is blowing, hope I can do my barbeque. I spoke to Adam, and he's coming too.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #175  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. i have a pan of sweet n saucy meatballs in the oven. i've been hungry for them lately. they should be good. curtis likes them a lot, too.

yesterday afternoon curtis and i went to the outdoor range and walked the course. i was climbing hills and having a blast. you know how sometimes when you're going downhill you lose your footing and have to do some fast footwork (winding up almost running)? well, i ran!!!! i almost cried i was soooooooo happy. my feet are doing great!

frouf, last night we watched an a&e show about the history of superman. it was fabulous. that man of steel has been around about 70 years. i wouldn't be doing anything strenuous in a pool either if it weren't for drill sargents urging me on. i'll bet you had fun at the pool.

vickie, 30 minutes is good. you're going to see those pounds float away. do you have a noodle? they are good to use as weights in the water.

saundra, what a cute little guy!!!! now, he's at the age where fairs are a blast. i know you were all smiles watching him ride the rides. i like water aerobics 100% better than going to curves. it's fun. i hope your gf and you find a class. walking is good. are your feet up to it?

kathy, enjoy your company, even if it's just jon. sounds like a laid back day for you. that's good. i hope you can sleep tonight. sounds like you and vickie may need naps today.

vickie, i hope you get to do some swimming today.

saundra, i hope your weather holds for the bbq.

we have oodles of sunshine. wish i could share. have a great day all. i need to get off and get something done.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #176  
Southside White Sox Fan

No sun here. I'm sad. And the Cubs are beating the Sox 7-2 in the first inning. No pitcher duel here.

Sandra, you are an exercise maven. Jim and I were talking and I must acknowledge that until I start exercising regularly the weight is not going to come off again. When I was losing I was exercising 6-7 days a week. Somehow, I need to find my groove again.

I never tried the meatballs. What do you make with them? Is the recipe on our board? I'm really happy for you that your tootsies are recovering. It's no fun to be disabled, even it's only temporary. Jim and I watched the A & E Superman Special. I didn't like the early stuff but I loved all the Christopher Reeves and Dean Cain stuff. I was a HUGE fan of the Dean Cain/Terry Hatcher combo! I own the DVD of the TV show and I'm sure I'll be asking for all the seasons. Today, I'm watching Superman One with Christopher Reeve. I've scheduled Jim and I to see Superman Returns on Friday. You and Frouf's reviews helped me convince Jim to go. Friday is the only day we have free next week.

Well, I'm going to go watch TV and pray the sun comes out. We had to go back to the butcher to get a new roast. Mine had turned funny over night. Jim said it was ok but I thought it smelled funny. I have a very sensitive nose. I told Jim I couldn't eat it so he returned it. What a guy. Yes, I sent him in with his bad shoulder since I'm not showered. Bad wifey. The new roast is all rubbed up and ready to cook in a couple of hours.

I'll be back later.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #177  
focused and aiming

vickie, i think you're right about exercise. remember when monkeypoodle was running and losing all that weight? why don't you join the july goals? it's all about exercise unless someone wants to change it and have it include something else. (ya'll know i'm always open for change.)

you're going to love the new superman movie. it has a lot of "heart." i think the meatball recipe is here. i'll go look and post the page. today i had mine with polenta cakes and mixed veggies--all core. curtis had some non-core mashed potatoes as well. if the recipe isn't here, i'll post it. it's a keeper. i love it.

for this afternoon's snack, curtis and i had peach sorbet. i used the sorbet recipe at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=49333&page=6 . i used frozen peaches instead of berries this time. it tasted sinful.

found it! the sweet n saucy meatball recipe is one angela posted. it's totally core. here is where you can find it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=49330&page=3 i think these meatballs would make a good appetizer if you made them fairly small. today i added some dried onion flakes and dried parsley flakes to my meat mixture. curtis raved.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #178  

Yes, I posted the meatball recipe. It's one of our favorites. You can leave the meat mixture very plain, or you can jazz it up with spices of your choice.

My hubby really loves them too.

I need to get dinner started, so I'll be back later.

Angela
Old 07-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #179  
focused and aiming

angela, we like it just as well as is. today i just decided to do some experimenting. thank you again for posting the recipe for us.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #180  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks girls! Jim won't eat meatballs but I love them. Perhaps I'll make them for me for lunches. I'm sure I'd like them with FF cottage cheese or maybe some barley.

Never got any sun to go into the pool. Not much chance tomorrow either.

I'm making my roast right now and it's time to do my Core mashed potatoes. I'll stop by later.
Closed Thread