Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 02:21 PM   #316  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, you sound so happy! I'm glad things are going well with you. Good luck with your resolve at the BBQ tomorrow. I'm thankful that I'll have the eclair cake to keep me out of trouble. Sarah hasn't "decorated" me yet but I know it's just a matter of time. Did you get the closet done? Did you stick to your guns and not eat before bed last night? I have such a hard time with that. What time does your college friend come? Did you decide where you are going to eat?

Saundra, your 2 hour stroll must be part of the way that you keep that nasty weight off. It sounds like it would have been an enjoyable way to spend a morning. Any ideas where your weekends will be? Chicago has Taste of Chicago which is a spectacular thing to do in town. It starts at the end of June and goes through Fourth of July. It's a weekend guaranteed to put on several pounds since food is the attraction. We have magnificent food in Chicago. People come from all over the country to attend. When Jim and I worked downtown we used to walk over for lunch since it was only a couple of blocks from our office. Fun! http://www.tasteofchicago.us/ So what is artic char? I'm trying to learn more about fish and seafood. What types of fish and seafood can be cooked/grill without oil besides salmon? I'm looking for Core dishes. I guess I could let them use some olive oil or canola. You must be at the fair with Natan now. I hope you got to see the children's program for his sake!

Frouf, I hope Emily has recovered today and is able to dance in her recital. It would be horrible to be all ready and then not be able to dance. I'm very happy that you shared with DH. He really needed to hear it. I hope he backed off on his request for the drums. Did he know you were trying to sell your Chicago tickets and STILL asked for $500 for the drums? I hope that you let yourself be medicated if that's what it takes. It might not have to be for very long. I bet your Therapist could give you some good advice.

Sandra, you are one tough cookie! I'm glad that you had fun with the grands and that the bowling didn't hurt your foot at all. Now you can add that back to your list of things you CAN do!

Hey Rose.....lumpy can be good! I'm so overweight with my 120 pounds to lose that I'm not even lumpy....I'm all filled out tight!

Kathy, isn't Bindy a hoot?! Cassie does this too but rarely on the couch. I've never been able to get a picture of her. What do you eat that's good at Chili's. People are always asking me to go but I'm not sure about healthy stuff. Is anything Core? OMG, Kath, I'm responding to posts in order and just saw the one about Kate and Judd. Dear Lord, woman, does your house never settle down? How is Kate today? Man oh man, those UTI's can be just deadly. She must have had it for a while to have the blood and the fever. And Judd....good for him for realizing that something might be wrong. I hope he goes to talk to someone. You don't need that being untreated. Do guys have midlife stuff too? I'll pray that you are all healed in time for your Cozumel trip. It should do you and Judd good. The eclair cake does have to be refrigerated (pudding and cool whip and the chocolate glaze) but it's worth it to me. It gets made in a 9x13 pan and I cut it into 16 pieces. I have one of those hot/cold pyrex carriers that I make it in. It travels easily to parties and lasts quite a long while. I DID wear a new top....how'd you know? I wore the Red one with battenburg vneck insert with a cute pair of blace capris and black sandals. I looked pretty darn cute for a big girl!

Oh Angela....more sad news. I'm so sorry for you and DH's family. This is certainly a rough patch for you all. You are a good woman to help you MIL since this will certainly be hard for her. It sounds like no one will be missing the SIL. Sad.

I think I'm caught up with everyone. I really hope the rest of your weekends are more tranquil than the start. How is everyone doing on program. Do you have plans to help yourself stay on program? I'm still waiting for TOM and trying to decide when to weigh in since my normal day is Monday.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:28 PM   #317  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Sandra! I keep telling Jim that I couldn't be more please with myself if I tried. He keeps telling me that I'm going to hurt my arm patting myself on the back like that!

Time for me to go give him the grocery list. I'll be back later. First I'll see if there's a menu thread. I need to eat lunch since it's almost 1:30!
Old 05-28-2006, 03:08 PM   #318  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, the only Core thing I can find at Chilis is the guiltless grill chicken platter, minus the rice. It's grilled chicken, corn on the cob and steamed vegetables. I wasn't hungry last night though so I just got something that I knew would make a good breakfast for Judd this morning. I'm so bad! I knew I would sleep in though and he would be hungry. I got chicken tenders and ate one of them, no fries, and didn't eat the corn. He had a full meal waiting for him this morning.

I guess I'm going to the store now to get the things to grill tonight. I'll be back in a while!
Old 05-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #319  
Melissa

Thanks Vickie. I'm so glad that you had a good time yesterday. My friend has come and gone. We went to Ruby Tuesday's for the salad bar. And yes, thanks for asking, did refrain from eating before bed. I did have a small glass of OJ though. Oh, and I thought that the closet was done, then today I found another bag of clothes! Oh well, it is an ongoing project. Oh and great job taking care of your own computer problems!!

Right now we are trying to find the energy to do some more work on the house. There is soooo much to do it is very overwhelming. And we won't be getting anything done tomorrow. But we're so tired and just want to be bums. Oh well, maybe just for a little while, then we'll get to work.

Kathy, I hope that things are quieter around your house today. How's Kate feeling? I don't know how you can order food (especially that chicken at chili's--my fav) and eat so little of it. Even when I'm not hungry I want to eat things that taste good. I guess that's how I got here!

Speaking of that I just ate a fudge philly swirl stick; they're really good for 50 calories!

Sandra, I wouldn't worry too much about your gd. That is such a strange age and being popular might mean something different to them than it does to us. I'm sure it will all work itself out.

Saundra, you are such a busy lady! I hope that you are having a fabulous time with your little boy today. Just think, you'll have two to tote around soon!

Well I guess that I should do something with myself. I really just want to take a nap!
Old 05-28-2006, 03:57 PM   #320  
Melissa

Oh and Vickie I've gotten that guiltless chicken platter at chili's and subbed the rice for black beans. It's really good.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:23 PM   #321  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey....maybe I can add Chili's in a pinch. Thanks girls.

Anyone have any good broiler pans they can recommend? Mine is dead from overuse. I'm shopping now. I asked for a large one for my birthday and didn't get it. So now I'm looking forone online.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:39 PM   #322  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. curtis is soaking in the hot tub then he's going to take a nap. he's not feeling well at all. we're hoping this tlc will help.

vickie, i just use the broiler pan that came with the oven. sorry i'm no help to you on locating a good one.

kathy, we don't have a chili's here. the closest we have is an applebees. we don't even have a tgif. however, we're never at a loss for places to eat.

melissa, i'm bumming today, too. i am thinking of reading in a few minutes. i don't want to do anything. i love days like this.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #323  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I ordered a nice big one from Chef's catalog. http://www.chefscatalog.com/catalog/...pan&item=20040 I hope I like it! For that much money it better be good.

I'm off to cook dinner.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #324  

Well, the family meeting idea was nixed this afternoon, so that makes me happy. I mean, what good could come of it?

It's still hot outside here, and we're leaving our thermostat at 78, so it's still hot inside too!

I'm going to bum around for the rest of the day, and try to get my girls to relax. We've been off our schedule for the last few days, and that always makes them antsy and grumpy and tired. Tomorrow's another big day, so we can use Sunday as our rest day.

Later all,
Angela
Old 05-28-2006, 06:50 PM   #325  
Melissa

Vickie, the broiler looks nice. You know I have (an old) one of those, but rarely use it. I guess I just never think about it. Do you use it to bake chicken, etc? I had kind of forgotten about it, so thanks for the reminder!

Sandra, I'm glad that you are having a relaxing day. Is Curtis sick? I must have missed something. I ended up napping this afternoon after all! I don't know why I'm so tired, but I am.

Angela, glad to hear the meeting was cancelled, that would have to have been awkward! I hope that you all are enjoying your afternoon.

DH ran to Lowe's for some supplies to finish some shelves, and before he left he said he was going to mow tonight. I definitely don't want to do that, but I guess I should help! Or I could work on unpacking more boxes. There is just so much that I don't know what to do with.

Well I am just rambling. I guess I should get to doing something.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #326  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! Niece called and asked us to go out to dinner with her, hubby, and Baby Sarah. Other Great Niece and Nephew are having a sleep over at Grandma's (my Sister). They'll bring the kids home tomorrow for the BBQ. My Niece has cabin fever. I was supposed to make cola chicken but I hopped in the shower instead and we went out to dinner. I threw my chicken in some lemon garlic marinade. I'll cook it in the broiler and use it for lunches for us instead.

Too bad dinner was nasty! The company was good though. So for sure, I'm having a piece of chocolate eclair cake tonight since I didn't have a good dinner or very much of it. Way to rationalize, huh?

Sandra, is Curtis feeling better? What's up?

Melissa, I hope you guys get to take it a little easy. I had unpacked boxes stacked in my kitchen for some time after the move. Some of them just ended up going in the garbage. I figured if I hadn't used it in a month, then maybe I didn't need it. I use my broiler pan for everything. I mostly cook my chicken on it under the broiler for many of the meals that I make (lemon garlic chicken, white chicken chili because I cut it up and throw it in the tomato mixture, cola chicken because I make the sauce thicken first, chicken fried rice is also cooked first and then cut up and stirred into the rice). We like it because it gets a little barbecued kind of dark singy edges. I hope the one I bought is good.

Angela, you sound relieved and I don't blame you. It's REALLY hot here too. I was surprised when I went out. It's supposed to be hotter tomorrow.

Ok, I'm off to watch TV with Honey Lamb!
Old 05-28-2006, 08:25 PM   #327  
focused and aiming

curtis isn't exactly sick. he's been having a lot of aches. we aren't sure if it's his arthritis or chest pains. he's been under a lot of stress cuz of his mom this weekend. that always gets him down. he's better now after hot tubbing i'm watching him closely.

melissa, i know what you mean about mowing. it's one of those "never finished" jobs, isn't it? i hope you get some rest tonight.

vickie, i'm sorry your dinner wasn't good but i am glad you had a good time out with everyone. i envy your closeness with your family.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:46 PM   #328  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, sorry about dinner but I know you had a great time anyway. Sandra, I hope Curtis feels better soon -- I remember how his mom stresses him out. And Melissa, I already told you once to take it easy. Don't make me get the belt!

I wasn't hungry for dinner so I made some jello. Actually, I haven't eaten anything today except for a small salad and a little square of cheese. I did have some tea this morning; not sure what's going on but I think I'm just tired and have LO grogginess from the pain meds. We were going somewhere tonight to watch the basketball game but decided not to. I took a little nap for about 30 minutes earlier and felt the tiniest bit better when I woke up but am still glad to stay home. I'll go in the FR and watch it with Judd in a few minutes.

Since tomorrow is a "landmark" day, I start all over ONCE AGAIN. Geezalou I'm tired of saying that. But it's a day I can remember! How much better to say "I've been OP since Memorial Day" than saying "I've been OP since Monday May 29th". If I can stay on track and drink all my water, I know I'll make July 4th goal and have a much better summer. Bigtime dreaming, I know, but still it's doable.

Angela, I'm glad the meeting was called off. You are so right -- nothing good would have come from it. I'm sure your SIL knows that even if she's a big part of the problem, she'll still have the support of her family when it's needed. Maybe not so much for her as for the baby and your MIL, but still it'll be there. Hopefully some day she'll get a clue and grow up.

I made a menu for tomorrow because I've planned my food already and have it all lined up in the fridge. I'm just not sure if we'll be home for lunch or not but if we go somewhere, I can still manage to stay good.

I hope everybody has a good night!
Old 05-28-2006, 09:32 PM   #329  
focused and aiming

kathy, i'm with you on starting on memorial day. i had planned to restart tuesday cuz i was going to make a decadent chocolate cake. i just talked to my sil and am going to make a spinach dip. (it's core!!!!) so i'm good to go tomorrow.

i hope you're feeling better now and are able to eat. make sure you're getting in enough water especially with all the pain meds you're taking.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:54 PM   #330  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Here I am - after a long and tiring day!

Vickie - congrats on being such a computer whiz - love the idea of you patting yourself on the back - my dh used to sometimes say my head was so 'swelled' it was a wonder I could get thru the doorway! ha ha ha

Sorry the dinner wasn't delish? But i'm sure you lemon garlic chicken will be great for lunches!

sandra - I think that is it common for girls of that age to "rate' themselves and each other - I remember the same thing happening - I think it will pass- and of course boosting her self esteem won't hurt a bit! Hope Curtis had a nice relaxing time in the hot tub and is feeling better?

Kathy - I am assuming kate is on meds now and doing okay? I think it's great that Judd recognizes his feelings and discussed them with you. I'm sure he will get help if he needs it.

Saundra - very 'farclempt' - loved seeing all the girls dancing today. Especailly tearful at the end when they presented this award named after one of the mother's (one girl in emily's class) who passed away last year from breast cancer. They actually did a dance for her last year (knock, knock knocking on heaven's door) and all the girls just started crying during the dance! They are again doing this dance this year at "relay for life" which is a local fund raising event (I think it's overnight). I know I will be crying thru that one as well!

And there still might be a little girl in your future? I of course tell all parents of little girls to NEVER get them started in dancing! They don't know what they're in for (but if you insist there are some good local dance schools!)

Dd's leg was still a bit sore today but of course 'the show must go on!'. My SIL and nieces were there along w/4 of emily's friends - her dad never showed up??? and I guess I should try and find out why? Dh did attend and only fell asleep twice! Recital is very very long - started at noon (altho we were there at 10;45) and ended around 4 pm - but they all did a fabulous job! Now we can give it a bit of a rest - until the last performance in June - then nothing till dance camp at the end of August!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Rose the costumes are AMAZING (and don't we have a closet full already). They are very expensive tho - and I guess if you have a girl who wants to dance you better take sewing lessons first? (froufs don't sew by the way). It generally runs about $100 per costume (and dd is in five dances - you do the math! ). It is the rare occasion when they can wear something again (like a track suit - or jeans or t-shirts) and we moms love when that happens! Not much call to wear a black and white velvet rhinestone covered leotard with an attached skirt if you know what I mean!

Angela - sorry to hear about the divorce situation - it's never pretty and I'm so sorry for all the heartache it must be causing - i agree being supportive is what's needed right now!

Melissa - so did you get that last bag of clothes unpacked? Sounds like you are both settling in nicely - welcome to the world of lawn maintenance

Yes our air is now on (trust me kathy air is better than having to heat all the time!) and we are very comfortable! Dh even has to tape up the vents in the basement so it's not like a freezer down there.

Eating is definitely off track - had a very big breakfast knowing that I would not be having lunch (why do they plan a recital for 12 noon anyways?). Had some cookies and water at the recital and a handful of smarties. Got home ravenous - and well it wasn't pretty!

have not sold Chicago tickets yet - sent email to my gf as dh is STRONGLY encouraging me to go - but if she can't make it I have a friend who wants the tickets so I may sell them to her!

I can't believe it's Monday tomorrow - and I have to go back to work! Happy Memorial day to all my us chickie friends - hope you have a nice relaxing day to do as you please!
Closed Thread