Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Default I'm a little scared!

Hello all,
Well, I did WW successfully for about 7 mo. (doing winning points) and lost 18 pds. After that I lost my motivation and gained it all back =( Now I am doing the LAWL eating plan which restricts foods and only has certain things you can eat. The problem with this is that I find myself "cheating", feeling guilty, gaining, and trying to stay OP again. I'm thinking about trying the core plan to have more variety and less restrictions. Now, maybe you all can help me. I'm afraid of a few things: Do calories count when doing core? What if I eat too much of the "acceptable" foods? I know that you need to stop when you're full, but that's hard for me sometimes. How do you all lose while doing core?? I'm just afraid of gaining, when I'm finally down some. Any tips or advice? THanks!!!

Oriana
Old 01-30-2006, 06:10 PM   #2  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

I did LAWL for about six months but I had a really difficult time adhering to the main plan because my busy life forces me to eat out a lot and the center was far from my home. I am uncertain about the core plan (is that the gold plan, I was on the gold plan..) vs. the plan you are on but I think at the end of the day, all that matters really is this: Are you burning more calories than you are taking in and are you taking in enough calories to keep your metabolism running well?

This concept seems simple, but people (and by people, I do mean everyone including myself) often underestimate the amount of calories hidden in the food they consume and they often overestimate the amount of calories that exercise burns. You can't truly be aware of this unless you are logging your calorie intake and exercise in a program like fitday.com.

A perfect example- you indulge in a piece of pecan pie for Thanksgiving and promise to do aerobics later and burn it off. A slice that is approximately 1/8 of a 9" pie is 456 calories (189.81 coming from fat!). In order to burn that off, you will have to do aerobics for 2 full hours and five minutes with moderate effort the entire time.

Therefore, a recommendation you can choose to take or leave is to get out your LA weight loss diet journal and log the contents into fit day (it is free and you can retro-enter days as well) and then click "reports" to see if you are burning more than you are taking in. Also remember that every pound of body fat is equal to 3,500 calories so if you are restricting caloric intake to 1450 calories a day and you are burning 2,000 calories a day that only puts you at a loss of approx 1 pound per week. The average desk-job person burns about 2,490 calories daily without doing any substantial exercise. For a more personalized assessment based on your height, weight, age and lifestyle visit FitDay.com. I hope this has been helpful. Best of luck to you in your program and watch out for hidden fat and calories.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:59 AM   #3  

Look at it this way, are you going to count calories, points, exchanges or whatever you are currently doing the rest of your life? Even WW says no. At some point you have to learn to eat the amount your body needs and then stop or you will be yo-yo dieting forever. You do not eat until you are full on core - that is too much. You eat until satisfied. There are several tricks you can use to tell when this happens. I highly recommend Core.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the tips. I am trying core, and keeping an eye on the points to make sure I don't over do it!
Closed Thread