Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 04:38 PM   #16  
Southside White Sox Fan

I decided not to go shopping until tomorrow. Didn't feel much like going today.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:35 PM   #17  
Melissa

Vickie, I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling well today.

I'm about to jump on realtor.com and find us a house. I'm ready for my own house. I'm tired of not having a yard!
Old 12-14-2005, 06:51 PM   #18  
focused and aiming

melissa, i spent a long time on the sf site counting calories and printing out daily menus. this is different, isn't it? i think my stomach thinks my throat's been cut.

kathy, thank you sooooo much for giving us judd's perspective on this. it helps. looks like i'm getting around 1450 calories per day. you'd think that would be a lot, wouldn't you? when i took phen fen, i was eating 500--800 calories a day. i'd much rather lose weight eating 1450. glad you got some rain. i hear it's really needed.

angela, have fun in your snow. do you make snow ice cream? my mother used to when we'd get our dusting down in texas about once per year. kathy, do you make it?

vickie, that's a great nsv!! i am so happy for you with your too large tops. i guess you had fun shopping. (i'm behind here. you've prob already been back here and told us about your good buys.) i was on maintenance but didn't do well at all--but don't use me as an example of how it's supposed to be. i'm going to do better next time.

danny, i have to tell you--i'm having fun with sf. i know it's not a lifestyle but it's different. yep. let's keep hanging in there.

melissa, i even bought soy nuts today. curtis got excited when he saw them. i have to tell you he's been nibbling on just about everything. he's not doing sf (or anything else actually) but he'll prob lose weight. (by osmosis, i guess)

curtis has accused me of eating candy bars. i told him i didn't care what they were if they'd help me lose weight. did ya'll see how bad my tracker is?

vickie, i'm sorry you don't feel like exercising. i haven't felt like it for a couple of days either. i've been exhausted. it may take me another day to bounce back. i'm also sorry you didn't feel well enough to do your shopping. i hope you get to tomorrow.

melissa, let us know what you find.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:41 PM   #19  
Melissa

Sandra, I did not do very well this evening (and it's only 7:30!). Since eating at church I came home and had some baked chips and a rf/rs slim a bear ice cream. It's like I binged. I ate more today than my plan allots for, but they were all healthy snacks (well I guess until tonight, though those were fairly healthy too). Anyway, I'm learning I guess. I felt very satisfied after eating my meal combinations, but got really hungry for snacks. But I ended up eating sf jello, a banana, and a small salad for snacks today. That's not too bad. If I can just control my nighttime eating I'll be in better shape.

I think I'm going to haul my lazy bum off the couch and exercise before DH gets home.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:27 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

melissa, i had a lean cuisine sesame chicken dinner. it was pretty good. i had a salad/ff ranch with it. all in all i ate sort of core today. i have apricot halves later tonight.

you're inspiring me to get up and do the treadmill. i have to admit i have more energy since having dinner. guess my big old bod was needing some fuel.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:29 PM   #21  
Melissa

I guess I should admit that I couldn't muster the energy for any "real" exercise. I did some crunches and hand weights. Your dinner sounds really good. I'm hoping for some more self-control tomorrow!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:51 PM   #22  

Height: 5'7"

If you want a good Lean Cuisine, you should get the one that's Steak Tips Portabello. It's just the steak tips and broccoli, like two servings. No pasta or rice or potatoes; just meat and vegetables. I actually count it as Core because I don't eat the gravy that's on the meat.

When I was doing SF, I had to cut out my evening snack because I was only supposed to have 1300 calories. BUT ... my afternoon snack of popcorn and raisins filled me up until dinner, and I promise you'll like those recipes they have. They're also Core. Judd has never been able to stick with anything for this long, and he is actually feeling so good; probably because of the nearly 30 pounds that are gone, and because it's noticeable and people mention it, but also because he doesn't get hungry. He has also learned about whole grains and healthy carbs, etc. by studying those recipes.

Tonight he's having black beans and brown rice. I put some olive oil in a pan, sauteed green onions, bell pepper, and garlic until soft, then added a can of black beans. In another pan, I boiled vegetable broth and made the brown rice in that. I also made him a salad and we have a huge variety of FF dressings, all of which are very good. He'll have a slice of WhWh bread (have you noticed I've started having to abbreviate whole wheat like that? if not, I get confused as to whether WW is Weight Watchers or Whole Wheat!) ... anyway, he'll have bread with Promise spread and 3-4 glasses of water. His evening snack is usually a snack bar because it's easiest.

Looks like Shaun got a new job today. He had interviewed earlier in the week and they wanted to hire him but had to do a driving record and background check. I suppose it was all good, because he said they told him today he was hired. It's doing the same thing he did for all those years (medical supply delivery) so he at least knows the product. I'm keeping my fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed that it works out.

Guess I'd better get back to the stove. I'm making broccoli/rice casserole to take to the potluck at work tomorrow, and bought a chocolate angel food cake instead of making something. I'm going to try not to eat much because I tend to overdo it on these things. I guess we'll know tomorrow how I did!!

Where's Frouf?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:13 PM   #23  
Melissa

I was wondering where Frouf is at today too.

Kathy, I am also supposed to be on the 1300 calorie plan. But I just don't know if I can do that! I'm thinking if I exercise then I can sort of accomodate the extra calories. And I feel like I'm making fairly healthy choices. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I am planning on just eating core suppers, and maybe trying some new ones too.

Well I really have to go do some laundry so that I have something to wear tomorrow. And then I think I'm going to bed. I'm so tired tonight!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:42 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Quick check-in -

Binged a little last night but weight was still down a tad this morning. Looking back on it, I wasn't all that bad and probably was only slightly outside points limit (some peanut butter and chocolate baking chips and a few handfuls of cereal. oh, and a banana. and some crackers. oh, and I had some raisins, too. If I thought about it some more, I'd probably remember other things. still, not as bad as I usually am -- I am a terrible night-time binger.

Gotta remember to make the popcorn before I get out of control. That seems to satisfy my nighttime cravings and allows me to stay on program.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:02 AM   #25  
Melissa

Morning everyone. It is a rainy, gloomy day here. I am incredibly tired and feeling a little sick. I'm wondering if the flu shot I got yesterday is bothering my system. I have that bible study tonight but I will have to tell them that I might leave early. Sometimes they don't finish until 11pm or after. That is just too late for an old brod like me. I have to be at work a half hour earlier than usual tomorrow and it's hard enough for me to get here the regular time.
Well I have to get to work. I've got to go run all over town picking up clients. So fun. Hope everyone has a great day.

Danny, it doesn't sound like your binge was too unhealthy! Isn't it great to be able to see how far you've come and how your definition of a "bad binge" has changed?
Old 12-15-2005, 09:40 AM   #26  

Height: 5'7"

I know exactly what you mean, Melissa. These 11 hour days are getting to me. Fortunately the area is only open for 7 hours tomorrow (all OT for me though since I've already got 48 for the week) so I should be able to get home and clean the house before Christmas with the Kranks on Saturday (aka Christmas with my parents).

That Froufy better show up PDQ or we're going to have to call the authorities. This isn't good.

I had my PB sandwich for breakfast so I'll have my cheerios for lunch. I'm trying to steer clear of the potluck food table but unfortunately it's near me so I have to pass it anytime I leave my desk.

Vickie, I hope you feel better today.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:25 AM   #27  

Have been extra tired from working so many nights in a row, but have had the last 3 off. I am bouncing here, went up 1.8 but am now down .8. I have discovered that I do not lose if I use wpa or ap, so I guess I will just suck it up and stick to core list.
Vivian
Old 12-15-2005, 11:12 AM   #28  
focused and aiming

gooooooood morning!!! i am up and have had a shake. i am down 3.5 lbs this am. i know i had a lot of water retention going on but i'm glad it's gone. we're most likely going to cracker barrel for lunch. today's menu on sf is 410 calories. i'm thinking i can have grilled catfish, pinto beans, and turnip greens for lunch. that is if cb doesn't have whole wheat bagels. we eat there all the time (ya'll know that). i wouldn't be embarassed to take my sf in. in fact, i think that's what i'll do. i'll get a tossed salad and have a sf meal bar. okay. that's my plan and i'm going to stick to it.

melissa, i just did 1 mile last night in 30 minutes. that's the speeed my feet are handling right now. curtis did 35 minutes this am. he also had the sf shake with me for bfast. how's aaron doing? i'll bet he's doing well. my big challenge is a ladies' brunch sat am. it's also a cookie exchange. i can make and take cookies and do all right if i don't eat that first one. also, i'm thinking of taking a sf meal bar. one of those gooooood ones. the brunch is at my friend's across the street. i think i can eat the sf bar without anyone noticing. i'm going to think of this as sort of a game. i'll keep ya'll posted on what happens.

kathy, that lc sounds good but i'm allergic to mushrooms. i love them but they hate me. or so it seems. that sesame chicken one was pretty good. i'm not sure what i'll have tonight but it will be lc for sure. i was looking at those recipes and you're right. they do look to be good and filling. i know i'd get to eat more if i ate them than with the lc but for some reason i'm lazy right now. i will be making some of them soon. i am so happy for judd and am anxious to get to feeling like he is. i am tired of losing the same 5 lbs over and over.

wow! i just read on in your post and saw the beans/rice recipe. that looks good! okay, maybe i'm getting over my laziness pretty soon. i'm glad shaun got the job. maybe he'll get back on his feet now.

melissa, i was tallying my day's menus and they are around 1450 each day. i know we weigh about the same thing. i guess it's cuz i'm a geezer that i get more maybe. or maybe i should go re add?

danny, congratulations on your weight being down this am. i am proud of you.

melissa, drink a lot of water. i was reading in "geezer jock" (yep, that's the magazine for the senior olympics) than for instant energy drink water.

kathy, good luck at the potluck. that's a big challenge for sure.

vivian, i was wondering where you were. sounds like you've figured out what works best for you. how much have you lost now? i'm thinking it's quite a bit.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:14 AM   #29  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Unhappy

Here I am - FEELING SUPER CRAPPY TODAY - of all days! (it's our team xmas party outing today)

Woke up with a definite migraine - not fun. If you recall I generally get major headaches during TOM which leads me to believe it is very hormone driven - spoke to dr at recent appt about this - and she prescribed very low dose estrogen patch to wear during tom week to prevent this from happening - guess what? IT'S NOT WORKING!

I popped 2 extra strength tylenol at 7:45 am and lay in bed til 8 am hoping they would kick in. Went to work (we are going out for lunch - texmex place, then playing pool and gift exchange) feeling awful!

Had some breakfast here - felt momentarily better - even had REAL caffeine. Two visits to the bathroom didn't help - stomach still feeling a bit queasy. I am so sad cuz can't even have fun on party day!

When I even picture going into the texmex restaurant - my stomach does a flip flop - cuz of the smells (which I usually love) and it's a super noisy place which doesn't help! I might just drive there (I am usually a designated chauffeur cuz of the van) drop everyone and my gift off and just head home! boohoohoo

Of course I am usually the "life of the party" kind of a girl and everyone has already noticed that I am very quiet today and not looking too good! (and did I mention I have already spilled coffee on my shirt?)

Hope everyone else is doing better than I am!

Frouf

P.S. Had a visit w/dd and dh at the therapist - seems they have "mastered" the negative side of the relationship and they need to work on more positive interactions (well duh). DD still insisting she wants nothing to do w/dh - dh willing to work on things - but hold lots of anger towards dd because of her behavior/attitude/whining etc. Hopefully this can all be worked on - more session scheduled in the new year!

Last edited by Froufy; 12-15-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:15 AM   #30  
focused and aiming

yesterday i made a mistake on my weight tracker. i weighed 197.0 yesterday. today it's 193.5.
Closed Thread