Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #31  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Melissa. I have wallpaper on all the walls in my huge kitchen and in all 3 bathrooms. I may tackle the bathrooms first since I can hide the 2 in the back of the house while they are in progress. I'm thinking I won't have the patience. I didn't put the wallpaper up...it was already here but I'm sick of living with it.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:18 PM   #32  
Melissa

Some people can make wallpaper look really nice, but I think most of it is just too much. Besides, I change my mind too much. That is too much work to change very often!! Start in the back, and that way maybe you will have found a super-fast way of doing things by the time you reach your kitchen.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #33  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, I forgot to give your blinks for your morning weigh in. Maybe you'll be surprised.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:29 PM   #34  

Oh, September is the worst. That always surprised me, coming from the Midwest, where it started to get cooler around then.

We live in a pokey little apartment with no view, but this

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/175/2.../132_32341.jpg

is what I see on my walk.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:38 PM   #35  

Ooh, wallpaper removal is a pain. Vinegar water works just as well as the stuff you buy, I think. Those Tiger brand wallpaper removal thingies are nice. You roll them over the wall, and they perforate the paper so the solution can get under and soak.

I'm off to a church event. I may check in before bed, maybe not.

Later!
Angela
Old 08-18-2005, 07:44 PM   #36  
Melissa

Cher, that view is AMAZING!!!!! Wow, that's almost worth no a/c. Beautiful! Do you blog? Or do you just store pics there?

Vickie, that's what I was talking about, what Angela said! I just didn't know the name of them. They work really well. THANKS for the blinks!!

Angela, have fun!
Old 08-18-2005, 08:04 PM   #37  
Melissa

I just ate a 0 point chocolate fudge bar, and now I am resting on the couch. As my friend Sandra would say, life is good.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:37 PM   #38  

Just finished my supper. I am down .2 pounds! I would love for it to be 20, but I will certainly be happy with .2! Today was a long day. I am tired, I guess exhausted would better describe how I feel right now. Chris went up .6 pounds. He was kind of disappointed as he thought he was gonna have a good week. That is the one thing I have noticed with core as opposed to flex. On points I went down every week (except 1, I turtled), with core it has been a more uneven loss. I am averaging 1.75 pounds per week and that is counting 2 weeks that I ate everything in sight (french fries w/gravy on them!) I know that we are eating so much healthier than we did on points and the weight will come off, I am so proud of Chris for sticking with it!

Sounds like everyone was busy today, I will try to catch up in a little bit. I am gonna go get my jammies on and relax a while.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:42 PM   #39  

Height: 5'7"

Good evening, all! How's it going?

Judd is going to the bar and invited me but I said no thanks. I ate my salad here and enjoyed every bite of it (romaine, sliced strawberries, broiled shrimp and balsamic vinaigrette dressing ... yummmmm!) -- fed the dogs and now I'm about to go sit. DS is still over at the neighbor's house and for the life of me, I can't figure out what they would talk about for an hour. That guy is the one who fired him, for goodness sakes! Judd said maybe he's going to hire him back, because they still haven't found anyone to replace him and it's been nearly 2 months. Anyway, hopefully he got all the info off of that cell phone and will go make the police report soon.

Good luck to all who w/i in the morning. Think light!!

Cher, that view is AWESOME!! I think I'd trade my a/c for it!

Vickie, I'm glad you liked your paint. Whew, what a relief, huh?
Old 08-18-2005, 08:44 PM   #40  

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on the loss, Rita! Tell Chris not to sweat it -- it could be a silly like thing like pocket lint to make a .6 lb. difference!! He has done a great job so far and I'm sure it will continue, seeing how he has a good support system like you!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:18 PM   #41  

Thanks Kathy. Sounds like your son has tangled with a whacko! Hope yall get it taken care of soon.

Vickie, Bless your heart. I would be so stressed out. My DH can't stand for me to have to pick out anything involving colors, I have no taste and that makes it really hard to make a decision. The wallpaper thing is a giant pain. I tried painting over it in one of my back rooms, don't try that!!!

Sandra, Hope you had good news on your weigh in!

Melissa, for your weigh in tomorrow.

Cher, that is a beautiful view. I think I would buy a window unit and stay there!

Hope everyone else had a great day! I will try to catch up some more later!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:40 PM   #42  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay - so what's up this fantastic view everyone BUT ME can see??? When I click on the link I get this error /access denied message Well I'm sure it's pretty!

I once, many years ago thought I had heartburn or ulcers (was drinking Gaviscon by the bottle - now just looking at it makes me gag!). Stomach probems were getting worse and worse - finally moved to Ottawa and new dr. sent for me a gallbladder ultrasound - well lookee here - big beautiful gallstones! So out it came (this was years ago so none of this tiny bellybutton incision and we suck it out). Major surgery - no real scar to speak of by now, and had to get over the trauma of no longer being anatomically perfect - and I"m just about over it now! (20 years later ). I was so glad to have the surgery cuz the only things I was able to have at the time was boiled chicken, boiled rice, 7-up and scrambled eggs - anything else led to a gallbladder attack - and trust me you only wish for death to relieve that pain!

Kathy - hope ds talks himself into a new job?...and that he gets rid of Mr. Macho! Your salad sounds AMAZING!

Billie - I just checked out your profile pic - you are adorable and a very cool and young looking grandma - and of course I also love the flipflops - now if they only came in pink........

Sandra - I too am very impressed w/Curtis and his plans for a Bridge for Sandra - what a great and loving project!

Vickie - as for wall paint - don't you just hate picking from those tiny little itty bitty paint chip samples? I chose what I thought was this mid-pink color for family room/kitchen combo. Got home and ds says did you know you were picking this pink color - I'm at the front door at this point just coming in - sure I said I know it's pink. No mom - it's REALLY PINK - but I figure he's a boy - any pink would look like too much pink.

Well I just about gagged when I walked into the room - we are talking PEPTO BISMOL PINK - a large room to boot - I could barely swallow when my phone started ringing and it was the painter - wondering what I thought? He of course was in agreement that it was too pink - it is now a beautiful misty mauve - nice pink/mauve color and looks great. I am SO GLAD you like the room Vickie - nothing worse than having to redo stuff (as you can see I have experience in this - did I mention the dining room fiasco? and the burgundy walls in my living room - very dramatic! but at the time I was freaking out wondering what it would look like!)

Rita - Congrats on your loss - it's in the right direction, and sorry to hear about your son's teensyweensy measly gain - I agree - next time he really should empty his pockets!

And as for wallpaper - I have no experience removing it - but I believe it is the true test of marriage compatibility. I always advise newly engaged couples or those thinking of marriage to wallpaper a room together - and if can do this and are talking to each other at the end (in a civil manner of course) then your union is blessed - otherwise back to the drawing board.

Melissa - glad you got to the dr and got some bloodwork done - hope you do feel better and it's nothing out of the ordinary!

Now here's the real puzzle: As you must all know by now I am a TRAVELLING FROUF - if I am not planning a trip, I am dreaming of planning one or pretending to plan one - those that know me always come to talk to me re airfares, travel, cruises etc and I have even been known to help save some travel $$ here and there w/my recommendations.

So how come I am SO UNEXCITED about my weekend away? I live for weekends away - I would go away every weekend if I could. The thought of not having to cook or organize or do housework excites me, and I love hotel rooms, with those little bars of soap and shampoo bottles and new tv channels and having someone MAKE UP my room after I have messed it up.

I think this is a really bad sign! Dh and I have travelled a bit for weekend trips and I have always looked forward to it - we do travel well together in the car and have fun on road trips. Somehow I just don't get that feeling this time.

I am almost going cuz I have to - want to get it over with? I think i realize any expectations will be not realized and maybe there's no point in even trying? We'll get there - I'll be excited to unpack and do something - and dh wlll just want to nap cuz he's tired from the drive. I'll say okay but I will be a bit upset - will probably go out on my own. We'll have dinner together of course and he will just talk about himself, his projects, his lack of work, and (hopefully not) how bad my kids are! We'll go to sleep....I'll wake up ready to go to the breakfast buffet - while he continues to sleep - i will bring a book. I will sit out by the pool, while he sleeps some more - maybe we'll do the mini-golf if it doesn't rain.

I don't know it just sounds so boring to me now - what was I thinking? I don't think we can reconnect - I don't know how - or maybe I just don't want to anymore? I am feeling very discouraged.

At least little ds is excited about going to the sitter's and has packed his bag - so cute - with his teddy bear, and night light and his favorite dvd's. I'd probably have more fun going w/him than dh - how sad is that?

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 08-18-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:09 PM   #43  
focused and aiming

hi, ladies. i went to ww to wi tonight and was down 1.4 lbs.

melissa, i'm for your wi tomorrow. i'm glad you went to the doctor today. maybe you'll find out what's going on now.

vickie, i'm glad you like your new paint job. ain't it grand! speaking of wallpaper--when i moved up here to curtis' house, he had wallpaper on his kitchen ceiling. talk about ugly!

cher, for some reason i can't see your photo. i'm blocked.

rita, congratulations on being down .2. that's good. you're getting close to goal.

frouf, i hope you enjoy your weekend. try not to worry about it. just let things happen.

Last edited by notnew2this; 08-18-2005 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:39 PM   #44  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

CONGRATULATIONS SANDRA - good for you - hope you are enjoying your loss.

And as for the wallpaper on the kitchen ceiling - I notice you used the past tense "had" - so I hope you took care of that for him??

My eyes are tired so I am off to bed - yes I am ready to pack (dh is of course not which will mean a later start in the morning - and yes he will probably need to nap BEFORE the long drive as well....sigh... ).

Nitey nite!

Frouf
Old 08-18-2005, 11:50 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

thank you, frouf. as to how you're feeling about the trip, maybe you should read dh what you just wrote us. would that help or make things worse? my heart goes out to you. my first marriage died a slow death. i hope yours isn't. your post made me sad.
Closed Thread