Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 11:07 PM   #1  
Melissa

Default One Week Totally Core Challenge

A challenge for those of us who have trouble staying focused! We are attempting, for the next week, to remain completely on-plan. We can use this thread to keep each other accountable. Rolling pins are an acceptable form of discipline. We aren't racing, or challenging each other...we are challenging ourselves...for those of us who can't seem to get with the program! Feel free to join us!

Last edited by septembersgoal; 05-30-2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:08 PM   #2  

Glad you started this Melissa. I am working on my menu, getting geared up for the week. Going to bed now - I'll be back in the am.

Angela
Old 05-30-2005, 12:07 AM   #3  
focused and aiming

i'm wondering what ya'll think of weighing this morning. i know tuesday is my usual wi but now that i'm not going to tops any more, i could change to mondays. i think i will.

i don't have my menu made yet, but i did make up some polenta tonight. i'm ready. i may have some for breakfast.

night night.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:23 AM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I'm definitely in for this challenge - I am planning to weigh myself tomorrow morning and then STAY OFF THE SCALE TIL FRIDAY AM - is that possible???

Already packed my lunch for tomorrow and hoping weather is good so I can walk at lunch?

On your marks, get set.......GO!

Froufie
Old 05-30-2005, 07:44 AM   #5  
Closed

Hey I think we started something here ....Glad you all like the idea ....we CAN do this you know ..Didn't think so many would be interested but I am glad you started this board Melissa.
It all started out as a thing I thought Kathy and I could 'try'. So we "talked" about it last night. I seem to be the main mess'er upper here so I tossed the idea out to her...and now look, we have a good thing going on. Whoohooo let's do it.
Are you all going to post your menus on the daily Menu board?? If so I will try and to that in the morning before I leave for work.
I have weighed myself this morning here.. My NEW WW scale is right in tune with the one at the meeting so I am good.
I will only get weighed next Saturday though again, thank God I hate the thought of jumping on the scale during the week...
So Chicks.....LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by L.J; 05-30-2005 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:39 AM   #6  

Go! I love this. I'm opening a bottle of water today, and plan on getting in a bunch of water today. I still may be able to get to my goal of 120 by my 30th birthday (which is Thursday). I think at last check, I was 122.

I'm busy today, getting ready for our trip. Lots of laundry, packing food, calling places, etc. I'm trying to get the oil changed in the car. We'll see if the service dept is even open today.

I've got my menu plan down, and I need to stay accountable. NOTHING else will cross my lips, I promise.

And as far as using the word "challenge," I think of it as a challenge to myself. I know I'm capable of this, let's see if I can do the mind over matter thing.

Later!
Angela
Old 05-30-2005, 09:22 AM   #7  
Melissa

Linda, your little conversation with Kathy turned into a group event! And it was actually Angela's idea to start this thread...I was just restless last night and wanted something to do.

I weighed in this morning (this is my regular day to w/i anyway) and I was actually down a pound. This is a miracle considering how I have eaten, especially this past weekend.
I'm headed to the grocery to buy my core-meal ingredients for the week.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:57 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Can I be in too?! I'm always all Core and usually focused, but lately I feel like I'm losing a bit of steam. I know I've gotten lazy about counting my extra points and sometimes I don't think I get my whole 10 ounces of water in that I want to do.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:59 AM   #9  

Good Morning,

I am not new to 3FC, however for the last few months I have really tried hard on South Beach, fact is I nEEEEEd carbs, my body screams, cries for whole grains, oatmeal. etc. so since I am a perfectionist, I say to heck with it and have all kinds of carbs.

What is so interesting about this challenge, is I just set a personal challenge for myself today, it aligns with this one. Stay on CORE one week, stay off the scale until next Monday.

I am looking forward to posting with you. Good luck to all!! We can do this.

Active
Old 05-30-2005, 11:00 AM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Hey hey hey!! Awesome!!

I weighed this morning and it was 153, but since I was empty and nekkid it's totally unofficial! I will try to stay off the scale until Saturday, but that's another challenge in itself!

I'm going now to change my eTools plan back over to Core. I'm off today and not sure what DH has planned, but if we go out I can still stay OP. I'm sure anywhere we go I can find a grilled chicken breast and salad.

And water! Good grief, I doubt I've had 8 glasses in the last 8 DAYS!!
Old 05-30-2005, 11:03 AM   #11  

Hey Kathy,
I am with you on the water, 8 glasses in 8 days sounds reasonalbe.LOL
Wanda
Old 05-30-2005, 11:32 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

LOL! I know! I think I probably soak up more than that while sitting in the tub!

Okay, I'm going to slice up a cucumber and put it in my water. If it's nasty I'll make sure I report back. Well, then if it's good, I'll let you know that too! Right now I'm drinking a bottle of water and I'm not going to shove a cucumber slice down in it, so it might be later on before I report.

Like I said on the chat board, if I'm successful from now until Saturday when I w/i, and see even the teeniest results, I'll go for another week, then maybe keep going with it. I just need to get over myself and FREAKIN' BEHAVE!!
Old 05-30-2005, 11:38 AM   #13  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katpo
I just need to get over myself and FREAKIN' BEHAVE!!
I feel the same way! Why is it so hard?

I am going to my mom's for awhile....I'm sure she will try to tempt me with snacks and non-core things. It will help knowing you all are here when I get back!
Old 05-30-2005, 12:01 PM   #14  
Attitude is everything !

I love this idea. I am IN !

Love the idea too of not weighing in for a week - I have been much too obsessed with the scale lately.

Some days it's my friend....others.... .... not so much.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:02 PM   #15  
Closed

I am so glad this has turned out to be a Happy Event .....I like how you worded it Angela...a 'challenge to ourselves' Yes indeed.
I am good with the water, it's getting the fruits in WHICH I am going to do all week. THAT alone is a challenge...so I am challenging myself to do just that!!
I love what you said Kath, about "getting over it and Freakin' Behave I couldn't agree more and Melissa you are right.....Why INDEED is it so hard.
Hey Vickie.....glad you're on board too .....I look forward to you for the encouragement I KNOW I need. Won't it be awesome when we all report back here with a loss!!
Welcome Wanda....Great group you stumpled upon and good luck to you too.
And Kathy, you have to give it another week after this too, I am sure you will lose and even a stay the same is great. I think it was Vickie who tells us all the time, Give Core a good Month....Well that being said, I am going for the 5 days till w/i.
I am finding some great recipes and just might do some 'special' cooking...
Go Chicks!!!!!

Last edited by L.J; 05-30-2005 at 01:48 PM.
Closed Thread