Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 03:36 PM   #1  
Sweet Blessings

Location: Way Northern California, about 275 miles north of San Francisco

Wink Looking for buddies, WW Core or other Low Carbers

Hello, I'm a 48 year married woman living way up in Northern California, eating pretty much an all real foods diet (no chemicals or funny low fat things) looking for like minded people to share my weight loss journey. I was a member of WW for almost a year and lost 20 some odd pounds and then gained them back during the holidays. Now I'm trying CORE, as on flex, I made too many unhealth decisions, and core and low carb diets seem to based on eating more heathy foods instead of trying to get away with bad imitations of unhealth foods. Also, I'm very new to the 3fatchicks forums and need a little guidence on how to make it work for me. Thanks much,
Sweet Blessings,
Old 05-09-2005, 04:17 PM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Dear something,

Hi and welcome - you've come to the right place! I also agree that Core is a great healthy way to eat - much better to eat wholesome natural foods than processed low fat substitutes!

We are all here providing support and help to one another. Feel free to browse thru our Profiles thread and post one if you feel so inclined!

Hop onto Core Board #16 and join in the chat!

Froufie
Old 05-09-2005, 04:35 PM   #3  
Sweet Blessings

Dear Froufie,
Thanks for the welcome. I'll be checking out the WW core board all the time.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:25 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Something! I'll be 49 in 13 days! Perimenopausal with a messed up metabolism who has tried Flex and not made healthy choices either. I've been on Core since the end of September and have lost 36.6 pounds with hardly any pain. I'm not starving like I always used to be on Flex because of the bad choices I would make.

There are a bunch of us here and these ladies are wonderful and very supportive. We hang out on a thread under the Core Board which is currently titled Core Beauty Queens, Number 16. Come see us there!
Old 05-09-2005, 06:49 PM   #5  
Sweet Blessings

Dear Vickie,
Thanks for the invite. I wondered who you gals were.
Yep 48, slow metabolism, perimenipausal (don't know where I'd be without the herb Vitex) anyway, I'll come over and check into those wonderful Core Beauty Queens.

PS: Congradulations on the 36 pound loss, that is really something to be please about.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:01 AM   #6  

Howdy - I'm on core also, would love to lose 15 pounds and see where I am, then maybe another 5-10 after that. Core seems to be something I can do long term. My problem is I want instant gratification and my weight comes off SLOWLY! Core is pretty good if you cook for your family, you can actually eat a lot of what they have. I did go off core for two weeks (must have been a hormone thing) and now I am back on track. Would love to get some more ideas for good core foods, if ya know of anything, please post it! I really like the fact that the foods I am eating are healthy, much better for me (just want to get more carbs in cos I need them)
Old 05-10-2005, 09:41 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Check out our recipe board for great recipes. Also www.barbosdietkitchen.com. Use the search function and type Core. You get hundreds of recipes.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:34 PM   #8  
Sweet Blessings

Dear Pnuts,
Yes, I'd been sorta doing core for 2 weeks and thinking "I can do this" and then a pint of Julies Organic Ice Cream attacked me!!! But now I'm back.
I have the South Beach cookbook and almost all of the recipes are core and there are some vegetarian ones too. (My family gets tired of so much meat) It should be available in paperback pretty soon.
I'll check out the web site suggested above too, but I really like actually looking through a book instead of the web for recipes.
Lzl
Old 05-10-2005, 09:19 PM   #9  
Closed

Something and Pnuts.....you have most definetely come to the right place....the best support board out there....I echo Vickie and Frouf's invite....come over to our Core and and chat a while.....there are some great 'friend's there....all willing to help and always there when you need them.....
See you there..........Linda
Closed Thread