Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 06:49 PM   #1  
Melissa

Red face Something Besides Veggies

Hi all! I'm pretty new here, and want to thank everyone for the welcome!

Sorry if this is a commonly asked question, but I was just wondering...what do you eat besides veggies for snacks? I am having trouble with breakfast and lunch (both of which I eat at work), and finding snacks besides veggies. Now don't get me wrong, I love veggies. Especially with FF ranch dip. But I have always eaten cheese crackers, wheat thins, etc. as snacks. So I'm at a loss. Also, does anyone else eat constantly? I feel like I am always eating, but its always veggies. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or what. Thanks!!!
Old 04-07-2005, 06:53 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm not a grazer but I am eating alot of food. I have three meals and 2 snacks all about 2-3 hours apart.

I'm sure that some of the others that work can help you more. My nearly daily snack requires a blender!
Old 04-07-2005, 06:54 PM   #3  

Hi septembergoal. Skim milk and teas are a good and satisfying snack too. Also yogurt.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:02 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

At work, I eat deviled eggs or boiled eggs both for snacks and breakfast, and also FF cottage cheese and pineapple or some other fruit. Also if you like celery you could make some pimento cheese from FF grated cheddar, FF mayo or miracle whip, and pimentos then put it on the celery. Another good snack is 94% FF popcorn.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Hi! I do ff ricotta cheese and pineapple (don't like cottage cheese), how about ff string cheese, or sf/ff pudding. Somewhere I saw something for microwaving ff cheese and dipping it in salsa instead of crackers. I'm sure someone has the exact directions. You can always add strawberries to ff/sf vanilla pudding, or pineapple to ff/sf pistachio pudding.

Lisa
Old 04-07-2005, 07:46 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

The recipe for the FF cheese crackers is on our Core recipe list!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:48 PM   #7  
Melissa

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I really appreciate it. I think my big problem is not knowing how to plan ahead. I procrastinate.

Kathy--Have you lost all of your weight on core?
Old 04-07-2005, 08:00 PM   #8  

My favorite snacks are fruits. They're so portable, and delicious. I also love popcorn (94% ff of course - long story) Sometimes a glass of skim milk will tide me over. Uh, what else? I'm down to the point where I am not all that hungry between meals, so usually I just have one piece of fruit.

Also, I wanted to welcome you as another 20-something (I'm 29). There aren't too many of us here, but that's great, because these ladies have got it together! They're always so supportive, and wise. (Hear that gals, you've got to be wise now!)

Angela
Old 04-08-2005, 09:46 PM   #9  
Melissa

Wink

I am doing better about not snacking, especially at night. But I do love popcorn. I will be making some of the cheese "crackers" as soon as I get some wax paper at the grocery store tomorrow.
I also like Kathy's idea of pimento cheese on celery and deviled eggs (I guess you just make those with ff mayo and mustard?).
I guess working the core plan is going to make me start cooking again.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:52 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Terry, here's a deviled egg recipe from www.barbosdietkitchen. Core definitely makes a person cook. That's one of the reasons why I so admire the Moms and folks who work for sticking with the program

Core Zesty Deviled Eggs

6 hard-cooked eggs
3 T. FF mayo
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 t. dry mustard
1/8 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
paprika

Slice eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolks. Mash yolks; add next 6 ingredients, mixing well. Stuff egg whites with yolk mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:02 PM   #11  
Melissa

Vickie,
Thanks for posting the recipe for deviled eggs. I love the "real" kind so I'm sure I'll be diving into these soon too. I would never have thought to put Worcestershire sauce in them.
You are all so helpful and wise!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:05 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Melissa, I've lost about half of it on Core. I would have done so much better if I weren't such a cheater! Deviled eggs are one of my best friends; it seems like I'm making them every day or so. And the pimento cheese on celery is really good too. I can't really tell much difference between the regular and FF grated cheddar, or even the regular or FF cheese slices.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:26 PM   #13  
Melissa

Kathy if you are really cheating and have done so well then maybe there is hope for me after all. I just hope I know when to stop eating!
Do you "spend" your weekly points on good foods or really bad foods? I am wondering if I am going to spend my 35 points on things that will only reverse the good I have done the rest of the week.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:10 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, I spend my points on:

Buns at restaurants for broiled chicken sandwhichs

Smart balance margarine on my veggies or baked potatoes when I'm sick of FF sour cream

Natural Ovens cookies or Murray's SF fudge dipped wafers

Bites, licks, and tastes of stuff that I don't want my own serving of but just want to see what I'm missing.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:39 PM   #15  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I spend my extra points on: light cream in my coffee on a daily basis (don't like it w/milk!).

I also have the occasional bagel w/lf cream cheese, or some baked pita chips or rice crackers for dipping. Maybe for some salad dressing/buns if I eat out???

But I generally do stay away from sugar laden treats/goodies and stick to core foods most of the time!

Frouf
Closed Thread