Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 12:57 PM   #16  

I use my extra points on full fat dressing for salad, the occasionally piece of bread and butter, or maybe a dinner recipe that has one non-core ingredient.

Plus regular fat popcorn - movie theater butter, mmm.

Angela
Old 04-09-2005, 01:35 PM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

I use extra points on Cokes and beer. Sorry, but that's my bad habit. If I have a small coke from 7-11 in the morning, and usually don't drink it all, I count it as 2 pts. The beers are also 2 points, but since I also count daily points so that I don't go over 20 (plus 5 flex), there's always room for them. My other foods are so low in calories that I sometimes have to eat more points just to get past 1200 calories in a day.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #18  
Melissa

I think I should probably start counting my points during the day as well. I have been keeping a list of what I am eating, but not the points. Probably not a bad idea.
Vickie, Frouf, and Angela: I think that I am going to use my points this coming week like you all use yours; some crackers, some bread. I think that if I eat just a serving of something like that each day that I will fill more satisfied. Something besides veggies!
Kathy: I do love regular coke! But have been trying to just drink diet. And I don't like beer, so I guess I won't be in trouble there!
I busted all of my points this week on eating bad fast food (I mean, it tasted pretty good, but you know). I think next week I will try to just incorporate some more variety into my day and use the points that way. Maybe it will keep me from being so hungry, too!
I have to go to the grocery store this afternoon...I should probably make up a meal plan now before I go. Core is a lot of work. But if it works, its worth it for sure.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:45 PM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, you need more than just veggies! Are you eating protein/beans, carbs, milk, healthy oil, etc? We'll be glad to look at your menu for you if you want to post it in the daily menu thread. You shouldn't be hungry on Core.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:04 PM   #20  
Melissa

Vickie, Thanks for your concern. I don't know if I am eating right or not. I am eating protein with about every meal. I have really cut out carbs though. I think I might be depriving myself of good carbs, which is why I am going to try to use some points during the week for them. I think if I will eat some crackers or some bread throughout the day then I will be more satisfied.
The truth is that I have just been overeating for so long that I don't know what to do with myself. Even when I was trying to do flex I think I was still overeating. That's why I like Core, because I know there are certain things that are just off limits (like sweets).
I will try to start posting my daily menus. Thanks for the support, it has helped SO much.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:55 PM   #21  

Melissa, you can have things like FF refried beans or black beans ... both are filling and have good carbs. I slice avocado to put on top of the black beans, or put FF sour cream and cheddar on top sometimes. For the FF refried beans (I get the Taco Bell brand) I put Taco Bell sauce on top because I save all the little packets from when my DDs go there.

Here's another favorite and I have even gotten my DH to eat it: whole wheat spaghetti noodles with olive oil, drained diced tomatoes, fresh minced garlic, and a teeny sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Count the points if you use very much, but even 3-4 shakes over a big pot of spaghetti doesn't add up. I've added diced chicken before too and he liked that.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:51 PM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

I've been eating the Old El Paso FF refried beans because they have a "hot" version. Does Taco Bell have hot? I always liked their food and would try them.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #23  
Melissa

Kathy, I love black and ff refried beans. I have been eating black beans over brown rice for supper. Very filling. I hadn't thought about it, but I could take those to work as well. And your pasta recipe sounds really yummy. DH and I took a stint at South Beach about a year ago and tried to eat ww pasta then. We didn't care for it too much, but I think we will try again.
I think that I am going to try to make core friendly mac and cheese this week for a side dish. I actually made a meal plan this week, how amazing. Hopefully it will work out okay. My grandmother's bday is this week so we'll be going out to eat. But I plan on sticking to core, as we will probably go to a steakhouse where I can eat chicken or veggie plate.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:11 PM   #24  

I haven't seen the hot version of Taco Bell, but adding the sauce on top makes them fine for me.

Melissa, I don't know if you have access to a microwave at work, but I keep cans of black beans and refried beans in my desk, along with Gladware containers. When I eat the beans, I eat half a can and eat the other half the next day. It's a good thing to keep on hand when I either forget my lunch or don't want what I brought.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:43 PM   #25  
Melissa

Kathy, you will be proud to know that I had ff refried beans for lunch. I made a bean burrito with a ww tortilla. Very filling! Although I still ate the rest for a snack.
Oh well!
Old 04-12-2005, 09:50 AM   #26  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, beans are GREAT fiber and I think protein too. These are a good choice for you.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #27  

Default muffins on core program

this easy recipe makes 24 muffins at 1 point each and everyone I gave this recipe to loved it even if they were not dieting.
1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
20 oz. can Crushed Pineapple in its own juice

Mix together, spray muffin tin with Pam and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Closed Thread